MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Suunto D6

Suunto D6

Suunto D6

Post Number:#1  Postby george » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:57 am

Aku baru dapat bende alah D6 ni and ade orang kata kene check serial no nye to check for some manufacturer defect....betoi ke? Chk with suunto website but cant find anything saying there's anything wrong with it!

Jim....cane ni ek? :-/
george

Topic author

Re: Suunto D6

Post Number:#2  Postby anas » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:52 am

Aku baru dapat bende alah D6 ni and ade orang kata kene check serial no nye to check for some manufacturer defect....betoi ke? Chk with suunto website but cant find anything saying there's anything wrong with it!

Bro:
Kalau tak de, maknanye lu punya D6 tu OK. After all you bought it after a recall notice. I am sure the shop tak akan jual yang kena recall.

Ada chance la try di Pulau Jarak Pulau Tekukur Nov 24 nih.
anas

Topic author

Post Number:#3  Postby Jim » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:29 am

...kalu tak silap ade thread kat finsonline about the serial numbers....
Jim

Topic author

Post Number:#4  Postby LaraCroft » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:37 pm

Hey George..

I think you MEMANG got the defect D6. If you think you wouldnt want to use a defect D6.. Its OK, just pass it on to Lara..  :P She knows what to do..

Cheers!
LaraCroft

Topic author

Post Number:#5  Postby Jim » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:42 pm

xcuse me Lara..... sila ambik nombor dulu.... no 1 dah ade dalam tangan i.... ;D ;D ;D
Jim

Topic author

Post Number:#6  Postby LaraCroft » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:07 pm

xcuse me Lara..... sila ambik nombor dulu.... no 1 dah ade dalam tangan i.... ;D ;D ;D

Aik..? Ni tak chi ni. Lara.. penat bodek George nak pi main paint ball. Jim pulak yg dpt no. 1???  >:(
LaraCroft

Topic author

Post Number:#7  Postby george » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:42 pm

Aik..? Ni tak chi ni. Lara.. penat bodek George nak pi main paint ball. Jim pulak yg dpt no. 1???  >:(

Sabo sabo....D6 aku tak pernah kene air laut pun lagi! ;D
george

Topic author

Post Number:#8  Postby Jim » Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:50 pm

....itu yg best tu....masih dara lagi.......
Jim

Topic author

Post Number:#9  Postby ery » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:33 pm

Sabo sabo....D6 aku tak pernah kene air laut pun lagi! ;D

jgn kata ayor laut....ayor paip pon george sayang nak kasi rendam... kes kes kes  ;D ;D ;D
ery

Topic author

Post Number:#10  Postby orcastyl » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:44 pm

There should be a list of serial numbers to decide whether your D6 needs any upgrade of its software. And if it does then you would need to send it back to Suunto for it. Once upgraded there should be a small white dot next to the serial number at the back of the computer. I had mine upgraded (last year end) and got a free small pouch plus battery change as well as a pressure check. Reason need to upgrade - computer may not register the appropriate dive time and dive interval and therefore would be hazardous...(as not accurate!)

Hope this helps...
orcastyl

Topic author

Post Number:#11  Postby sukdev » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:37 am

More info on recalled Suunto D6 and D9
http://www.suuntoservice.com/safetynotice/diving/

Last i had my problem with my D6, I can't set my D6 to Dive 'Air', after thorough reading (manual), reason i can't change mode to Dive 'Air' was because my D6 was in No Fly count down. Wait till the No Fly icon dissapear and you'll be able to change Mode to Select Dive 'Air'
Any idea how much the USB cable for SDM cost?
Thanks Sheikh (Anas) for your personal assistance, sungguh diappreciatedkan  
sukdev

Topic author

Post Number:#12  Postby GOD » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:08 pm

More info on recalled Suunto D6 and D9
http://www.suuntoservice.com/safetynotice/diving/

Last i had my problem with my D6, I can't set my D6 to Dive 'Air', after thorough reading (manual), reason i can't change mode to Dive 'Air' was because my D6 was in No Fly count down. Wait till the No Fly icon dissapear and you'll be able to change Mode to Select Dive 'Air'
Any idea how much the USB cable for SDM cost?
Thanks Sheikh (Anas) for your personal assistance, sungguh diappreciatedkan  

READ THE MANUAL ... Brudder!!!!!

;D
GOD

Topic author

Post Number:#13  Postby sukdev » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:17 pm

dah lerrrr tu.
USB cable amacam?
sukdev

Topic author

Post Number:#14  Postby george » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:56 pm

Thanks for all the input guys. Only early this year I get to "dip" my D6 in salt water and after reading the manual ( suggested by Snafu ) I found some 'character' in D6. It tells depth, asc and des rate, temp and gives out one hell of a profile underwater...just like any other Suunto watches lah! Bought the cable and software for D6 and can be used on D9 and D15 for just RM360 in Hong Kong. Oops, sorry D15 is still on the blueprint...that can tell vis underwater.....!
george

Topic author

Post Number:#15  Postby Jim » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:25 pm

How about D24? hehehe...

sorry off topic
Jim

Topic author

Post Number:#16  Postby anas » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:24 am

D24 is the one that looks like porcupine fish in distress. But D24 is banned and recalled in most hotels.
anas

Topic author

Post Number:#17  Postby MazAmi » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:45 pm

Bought the cable and software for D6 and can be used on D9 and D15 for just RM360 in Hong Kong.

George, I got myself a D6 after my old computer went kaput....If it's not too much trouble can you buy for me the cable & software for D6 the next time you're in HK  :) If ok, PM me how to pass the $$$ to you. Much appreciated.
MazAmi

Topic author

Post Number:#18  Postby GOD » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:10 pm

George, I got myself a D6 after my old computer went kaput....If it's not too much trouble can you buy for me the cable & software for D6 the next time you're in HK  :) If ok, PM me how to pass the $$$ to you. Much appreciated.

:o From Zeagle '90 to D6 ..... POWER!!!!!!

;D
GOD

Topic author

Post Number:#19  Postby MazAmi » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:21 pm

Don't play play, my Zeagle '90 tu besaq....baling kat orang boleh benjol.
MazAmi

Topic author

Post Number:#20  Postby GOD » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:28 pm

Don't play play, my Zeagle '90 tu besaq....baling kat orang boleh benjol.

If you planning to throw it away... Please give it to me.

PROJECT!!!!

;D
GOD

Topic author

Post Number:#21  Postby MazAmi » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:37 pm

I've just wasted 60 bucks on a new battery before it went kaput....so frustrating  >:( The only place I want to throw it is in the mariana trench........and visualising how it will implode - payback time ;D hahahaha
MazAmi

Topic author

Return to Dive Computers/Bottom Timer/Gauges