MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Mares Nemo Battery.... Last how long?

Mares Nemo Battery.... Last how long?

Mares Nemo Battery.... Last how long?

Post Number:#1  Postby avidiver » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:53 am

Hi all,

Need to have some feedback from any Nemo users.... I've just bought one during MIDE and when I checked the battery level,  it's already 1/4 gone  :(  i.e. at the 9 O'clock indicator.  How long can the balance of battery life last?... generally?  Should I bring it back to the dealer to change the battery which is under warranty?   :-/

The manual book actually advise divers to be prudent in changing the battery when it's more than 1/2 utilised especially before any impending dive trips.  What's your experience like??
avidiver

Topic author

Re: Mares Nemo Battery.... Last how long?

Post Number:#2  Postby jgshuwei » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:57 am

Normally, battery is not included under the warranty package but you can try and ask for it. Better to have you RDP with you, even you have a PDC.
jgshuwei

Topic author

Post Number:#3  Postby duyong95 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:01 pm

the simplest thing to do is call & ask the dealer  ;)
duyong95

Topic author

Post Number:#4  Postby avidiver » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:10 pm

Yes,  I've just spoken to the dealer,  they say can bring back to let them check on the battery level and they will change it if necessary.....

but just out of quriosity, based on your own individual experience,  how long does the battery last?  in terms of time frame (months), usage frequency (approx number of dives) etc....
avidiver

Topic author

Post Number:#5  Postby bijan » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:10 pm

u bought it on mide and its already 1/4 now? altho i have not bought my dc, but it doesnt seem right..

like duyong said, better ask the person u bought it from..u have their contacts?
bijan

Topic author

Post Number:#6  Postby avidiver » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:15 pm

yea bijan,  luckily I was religious enough to go through the manual book to check on the functions......then,  when I saw they way to check batt level,  I quickly checked mine and was surprised to find that it's already 1/4 gone.....without any dive at all....and being new computer I thought it was a lil abnormal!

I will bring the comp back to dealer this week and let them check.....hopefully can change battery under warranty.  so far,  the dealer is very helpful over the phone  :)
avidiver

Topic author

Post Number:#7  Postby MT_Tanc » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:48 am

avidiver wrote:yea bijan,  luckily I was religious enough to go through the manual book to check on the functions......then,  when I saw they way to check batt level,  I quickly checked mine and was surprised to find that it's already 1/4 gone.....without any dive at all....and being new computer I thought it was a lil abnormal!

I will bring the comp back to dealer this week and let them check.....hopefully can change battery under warranty.  so far,  the dealer is very helpful over the phone  :)

nemo d/c owners out there, whats your opinion bout this?
A good woman will do 70 chores around the house. Cooking and 69
MT_Tanc
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#8  Postby avidiver » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:07 am

empty_tank wrote:
avidiver wrote:I quickly checked mine and was surprised to find that it's already 1/4 gone.....without any dive at all....and being new computer I thought it was a lil abnormal! 

Hi Empty tank,

No worries about the batteries at all,  I've brought it back to the dealer and they changed a fresh new battery for me immediately as it's under warranty. It's a user replaceable battery.

The dealer explains that these situation are quite normal as they won't know the battery life until one is being switched on. But as long as you've not started to use your Nemo after purchase,  you can have the battery replaced at no cost.

I've since logged 14 dives with the DC and the battery is still full bar :) :) :)  So far, no complaints, feeling satisfied with the Nemo's performance.

Are you planning to get one computer or already have one now?

Sharing my 0.2cents :)
avidiver
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#9  Postby mie » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:57 am

avidiver wrote:
empty_tank wrote:
avidiver wrote:I quickly checked mine and was surprised to find that it's already 1/4 gone.....without any dive at all....and being new computer I thought it was a lil abnormal! 

Hi Empty tank,

No worries about the batteries at all,  I've brought it back to the dealer and they changed a fresh new battery for me immediately as it's under warranty. It's a user replaceable battery.

The dealer explains that these situation are quite normal as they won't know the battery life until one is being switched on. But as long as you've not started to use your Nemo after purchase,  you can have the battery replaced at no cost.

I've since logged 14 dives with the DC and the battery is still full bar :) :) :)  So far, no complaints, feeling satisfied with the Nemo's performance.

Totally agree with avidiver... so far I've nemo for quite sometime now... clock more then 20 dives (lazy diver...) n only now i've to change my bat... that also cost me very cheap... now I have to think in getting other DC if i would be serious in getting myself involve in nitrox diving...  :D :D :D
mie
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#10  Postby MT_Tanc » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:19 pm

avidiver wrote:
empty_tank wrote:

Hi Empty tank,

thanks avidiver.will buy one soon
A good woman will do 70 chores around the house. Cooking and 69
MT_Tanc
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#11  Postby avidiver » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:01 pm

Mie-Dive wrote:Totally agree with avidiver... so far I've nemo for quite sometime now... clock more then 20 dives (lazy diver...) n only now i've to change my bat... that also cost me very cheap... now I have to think in getting other DC if i would be serious in getting myself involve in nitrox diving...  :D :D :D

Hi Mie Dive,

Waah.......so soon need to change battery already kah? I mean only with 20 dives logged?? did you use Nemo as your normal wrist watch as well?

I only activate Nemo during dive trips i.e. using as watch cum DC, on other non-diving days, will switch off and keep in it's box - so can conserve batteries  ;) ..... hehehe

Anyway, why do you plan to get new DC for nitrox? Nemo can be used for Nitrox up to 40% O2, I mean, that's good enough for recreational nitrox diving requirement.......unless you want to go beyond for tech diving, then you'd be right to get another DC which allows other nitrox mix.
avidiver
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#12  Postby avidiver » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:07 pm

empty_tank wrote:
avidiver wrote:
empty_tank wrote:

Hi Empty tank,

thanks avidiver.will buy one soon

you are most welcome empty tank,  sharing is caring :)
avidiver
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#13  Postby mie » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:17 pm

avidiver wrote:
Mie-Dive wrote:Totally agree with avidiver... so far I've nemo for quite sometime now... clock more then 20 dives (lazy diver...) n only now i've to change my bat... that also cost me very cheap... now I have to think in getting other DC if i would be serious in getting myself involve in nitrox diving...  :D :D :D

Hi Mie Dive,

Waah.......so soon need to change battery already kah? I mean only with 20 dives logged?? did you use Nemo as your normal wrist watch as well?

I only activate Nemo during dive trips i.e. using as watch cum DC, on other non-diving days, will switch off and keep in it's box - so can conserve batteries  ;) ..... hehehe

Anyway, why do you plan to get new DC for nitrox? Nemo can be used for Nitrox up to 40% O2, I mean, that's good enough for recreational nitrox diving requirement.......unless you want to go beyond for tech diving, then you'd be right to get another DC which allows other nitrox mix.

That is my plan...  :D :D :D luv the adventure under the sea...  :D :D :D
mie
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#14  Postby avidiver » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:25 am

Wow.......  that's impressive, another tech diver in MUW :) :) :)
avidiver
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#15  Postby scubatex » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:13 pm

:D I was happy all of you talking about nemo DC,

Hope to dive with all of you one find day. :) :)
Scubatex
Dive Team
scubatex
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Location: 9-1 Jalan USJ 1/1B Regalia Business Centre Taman Subang Mewah 47500 Subang Jaya Selangor

Post Number:#16  Postby lss » Thu May 15, 2008 2:33 pm

Hi avidiver

I'm newbie here
I just got the Nemo last week, and the baterry indicator show at 7 O'clock....
How long they need to replace the battery ?......
lss
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#17  Postby monicaz » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:43 pm

Hey.. i plan to buy a Nemo. But i wonder is the battery user-replaceable? And how long can a new battery last? Any idea?  :P
monicaz
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#18  Postby Arewhere » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:36 am

:hello:
        yo bro i'm using mares nemo for about 2n half years....

i've logged about 100plus dive (includes open water n pool dive)....

after about 2 years the battery was expired..... now i'm using fresh batteries.....

my suggestions:
                while change to a new battery, pls take the high packages one because its includes calibration after change the battery....... cost about RM 160......

cheers B-)
" SO OTHERS MAY DIVES"
Arewhere
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Return to Dive Computers/Bottom Timer/Gauges