MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Oceanic Geo 2.0

Oceanic Geo 2.0

Oceanic Geo 2.0

Post Number:#1  Postby Dee » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:51 am

Need help.  A friend who is using Oceanic Geo 2.0 has recently experiencing problems  with his dive comp. The back light appear to be dim and the beeping sound getting mild and mild even after changing a new battery.

Where can he send it for repair or service?  Preferably around KL or KK.
diving is awesome!
Dee
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topic author

Re: Oceanic Geo 2.0

Post Number:#2  Postby Narco » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:01 pm

I doubt there's is service center for oceanic in KL. Most probably they have to send to Singapore. Try Scubatex or Dive Station explorer in Midvalley.

How old is the dive comp btw?
I'm Not Perfect, but I'm Limited Edition
Narco
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topics: 11

Post Number:#3  Postby Dee » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:27 pm

Narco wrote:I doubt there's is service center for oceanic in KL. Most probably they have to send to Singapore. Try Scubatex or Dive Station explorer in Midvalley.

How old is the dive comp btw?

Thanks for the info Narco.....am not very sure how old is the dive comp.  He just told me to put up in MUW on this and i didn't ask for more details.
diving is awesome!
Dee
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#4  Postby gchew » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:35 pm

There are 2 Oceanic dealers in Malaysia.
Dive Station Explorer and Ocean Diving Station

http://www.oceanicasia.com.sg/dealer.html
gchew
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#5  Postby Dee » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:40 pm

gchew wrote:There are 2 Oceanic dealers in Malaysia.
Dive Station Explorer and Ocean Diving Station

http://www.oceanicasia.com.sg/dealer.html

Thanks gchew...
diving is awesome!
Dee
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#6  Postby jakesean » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:33 pm

any updates on the warranty? hows oceanic's customer service? does it come with an international warranty? all i know is that theres 2 years warranty, international or not, not too sure yet..

planning to get a dive com for myself, and the Geo 2.0 is one of the candidates in my list.. hmm... did your friend got the Geo 2.0 online or at some dive shop?
jakesean
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topics: 6

Post Number:#7  Postby Narco » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:51 pm

I settled with a D6i.. The choice of macho homo sapien
I'm Not Perfect, but I'm Limited Edition
Narco
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topics: 11

Post Number:#8  Postby geraldyne » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:08 pm

Since you guys are on the topic.
I'm kinda interested in getting a dive comp but not very knowledgeable about it.
Could you guys share some of the dive comp brands around and your recommendations as well.

Would appreciate it a lot.

thanks.
YOLO
geraldyne
Diver
Diver

Topics: 3

Post Number:#9  Postby gchew » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:20 pm

jakesean wrote:any updates on the warranty? hows oceanic's customer service? does it come with an international warranty? all i know is that theres 2 years warranty, international or not, not too sure yet..

planning to get a dive com for myself, and the Geo 2.0 is one of the candidates in my list.. hmm... did your friend got the Geo 2.0 online or at some dive shop?

I bought mine online. It has USA warranty. If anything goes wrong, you'll need to send to USA directly. I understand that one can send to the local distributor, there will be shipping and handling charges.

geraldyne wrote:Since you guys are on the topic.
I'm kinda interested in getting a dive comp but not very knowledgeable about it.
Could you guys share some of the dive comp brands around and your recommendations as well.

Would appreciate it a lot.

thanks.

Most common dive comp brand locally will be Suunto. If you are on a budget, Suunto Zoop works quite well.
gchew
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#10  Postby mamakpenang » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:35 am

well it depend on the diving you do.....yes diving within recreational diving, if you like to go deep or exploring wreck at around 40mtr, u will prefer uwatec/scubapro or oceanic dc instead of bling bling suunto d6i or d9i.........
but again it is good to have a dc instead of none..... :grin:
mamakpenang
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#11  Postby jakesean » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:00 pm

was thinking of Oceanic Geo 2.0 but according to OceanicAP, they dont recognize the warranty if purchased from an overseas online store.. so probably have to return the Geo 2.0 to not sure which Oceanic for repairs.. I'm talking about purchasing it from DiveInn.com since its on sale +-300USD..

so now thinking of just getting a basic divecom, Mares Puck Pro.. cheap, has all the features in it.. hmmmm.. any one used them before? should i start up a new topic??
jakesean
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topics: 6

Post Number:#12  Postby run » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:08 pm

so moral of the story find a dive comp that has global warranty certificate.
Dee perhaps your friend's dive comp salt water sip into it. That what happen to my dive torch. The lights got dim and then black out. Got problem with the o-ring.
run
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topics: 20

Post Number:#13  Postby expressodupio » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:12 am

Getting a divecomp would depend on the respective diver. Things to consider; your budget, type of dives, future plans and sometimes your vanity  :laugh:. Not one dive comp could say that it can satisfy every diver. Some computers that I've had experience with. Entry level would include Mares Puck, Suunto Zoop, Cressi Leonardo. Average - Suunto D4i, Cressi Edy II, Scubapro Extender. Mid range, Suunto D6i, Mares Matrix, Mares Icon HD, Scubapro Meridien, Aladdin Tec2G, Tusa Zen Air. Big boys toys - Scubapro Gallileo series, Suunto D9tx, Suunto HeLo2, Shearwater Predator, Liquidvision Xeon or X1. Just got back from mabul and I had the chance to use an Apeks Quantum. A computer with an incredible array of functions but at a reasonably (actually cheap!) price. Anyway.. kalau mau cerita lagi panjang jom ah TT session! Typing is tiring  :grin: Ms Geraldyne, our organizer  ;)
getting narc'ed is the highlight of my day.
expressodupio
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topics: 2

Post Number:#14  Postby geraldyne » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:15 pm

Espressodupio: hahahah... well you can join me next friday, 18th at Souled Out, Hartamas...then you can cerita all your recommendation to me!

Honestly....i'm the kinda of person who likes a machine that is simple to comprehend and easy to use. Since i'm a girl... i want it to be bling bling too... And I must admit that I am into the Suunto D9TX (titanium stripe)...from the look of it, it must be very expensive.

Sign...see la because I fallen in love with diving (sooner than I thought I will) so I think its time to look and  research about my next toy "dive comp"

Ah... i wish diving toys are much much cheaper and affordable....
YOLO
geraldyne
Diver
Diver

Topics: 3

Return to Dive Computers/Bottom Timer/Gauges