MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - oxycheq Light Weight Single Tank Adaptor

oxycheq Light Weight Single Tank Adaptor

oxycheq Light Weight Single Tank Adaptor

Post Number:#1  Postby HO@X » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:46 pm

Anyone own a oxycheq Light Weight Single Tank Adaptor or have at least used it? I wanna know how sturdy is this piece compared to the standard STAs
HO@X
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Re: oxycheq Light Weight Single Tank Adaptor

Post Number:#2  Postby irukandji » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:39 pm

STAs are mainly made out of marine grade stainless steel or aluminum, secured to the backplate using stainless bolts. They should have no problem withstanding normal usage I guess.

I've seen and touched the oxycheq light weight STA before. Made out of stainless steel, very study and light weight. Almost buying it, until I realized that my wings can be used even without a STA. Can save some money.  ;)

I'd concern more about how far out it will make the tank from the back plate. It might make things very slightly less streamlined.  :)
The Ocean is Calling, Let's go DIVING!
irukandji
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topics: 9

Post Number:#3  Postby HO@X » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:09 am

thanks dude. light weight was what that attracted me to purchasing one, well still thinking about it. the other STAs i've seen are way too heavy but sturdy. i don't switch to twin tanks at all, maybe in the near future and i can do without an STA to be honest, just itchified to try out something new. i'm also concern about how far out will it make the tank from the backplate, guess i won't know until i try it out.

anyone want to loan me theirs to sample, if you're kind enough  ;) thanks
HO@X
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#4  Postby JJTan » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:52 am

Any idea where to get the Oxycheq STA, besides RecNTec as they do not have it in stock at the moment. I am thinking of getting it before my next trip.
JJTan
Diver
Diver

Return to BCDs