MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Used(about 3-6 dives)Apollo Bio Control Air Cross vs. Brand New Zeagle Scout

Used(about 3-6 dives)Apollo Bio Control Air Cross vs. Brand New Zeagle Scout

Used(about 3-6 dives)Apollo Bio Control Air Cross vs. Brand New Zeagle Scout

Post Number:#1  Postby shizham » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:46 pm

ok...we've heard the reviews/comparison of experts on the Apollo Bio Control Air Cross vs. Seac Sub Pro 2000. I've gotten some info from these threads on the Apollo , but nothing much was said about the Zeagle Scout. What about this Apollo versus Zeagle Scout.

Here's the scenario...
Very new diver, approximately 5 dives(1 dive trip) and I'll be doing my AOW(Navigation, Deep Dive, Peak Performance Boyouancy, Multilevel, Nite Diver) in Sipadan soon.
Normally need 5 kgs of weights to bring my 5' 9" , almost 90 kg body to keep bouyancy neutral.

Tested the Apollo in a dive shop...condition is mint, as the previous user didn't like diving and gave up on all gear on his/her initial certification dive. Very impressed with how it holds the spine and the tank locking device. Very convinced also with one of the other threads which mentioned that the Apollo can transfer air effectively when you roll/twist/turn in the water, ensuring great bouyancy.

On the other hand I've only seen/touch the Zeagle, and stupid of me for not trying it on  :P. I really like the appearance, travelling convenience and back inflated style of the Zeagle , as opposed to the opposite on all these 3 factors on the Apollo.

Both priced around RM1000 .

Considering my AOW modules and "no underwater testing" of both these BCDs, which one would be more advantageous for me to own . I  LOVE DIVING  and would like to go more advanced someday, hopefully with the existing gear and minimal expansion/upgrades. I know there's alot of subjectivity on diving gear, but if you've got some experience with the two, hope you can share what I've not considered or factored into my decision making process.

Honestly I'm more inclined to the Zeagle because someone I know(an experienced diver/instructor), owns it.

Thanks in advance... you guys are great .
shizham
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Re: Used(about 3-6 dives)Apollo Bio Control Air Cross vs. Brand New Zeagle Scout

Post Number:#2  Postby artdiver » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:08 pm

I'll dove with the back inflate coz I own one but not Zeagle Scout....but make sure u r comfortable using a back inflate or better try one before buying as u r quite new to diving (only 5 dives).......
iF DiViNg iS a cRiMe...mAy GoD fOrGiVe mE.....
artdiver
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Re: Used(about 3-6 dives)Apollo Bio Control Air Cross vs. Brand New Zeagle Scout

Post Number:#3  Postby shizham » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:10 am

artdiver wrote:I'll dove with the back inflate coz I own one but not Zeagle Scout....but make sure u r comfortable using a back inflate or better try one before buying as u r quite new to diving (only 5 dives).......

Thanks for the advise...will carefully weight my options. It does look more favourable on the Apollo
shizham
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Return to BCDs