MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Why oxycheq?

Why oxycheq?

Why oxycheq?

Post Number:#1  Postby Nazir Amin » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:04 pm

After few exposure with MUW forumer, i saw many of us using oxycheq BCD, just wondering what benefit of using this brand(most told me value for money and tahan lasak). So what happen to other brand, does them not tahan lasak or what?

can someone explain pls?

I remember last Shah Alam pool dive session, Ironore asking about type of BCD(i only know jacket type and backpack type, correct me if im wrong), so actually how many type of BCD supposely have?

then Lara explain about soft and hard harness last time, which im not really get it. Lara or anyone can explain it again.

anyway thanks to KatakPink because pick me the oxycheq bcd also :D
Seekor anak kera bertanya ke ibunya, “Bu, knapa ya wajah kita begitu jelek?”
Jawab ibunya, “Bersyukurlah nak, sebab wajah kita gak sejelek orang yang baca tulisan ini…”
Nazir Amin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Re: Why oxycheq?

Post Number:#2  Postby mocha » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:16 pm

what BC u using bro?? is it a backplate type??
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't
mocha
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#3  Postby Bobo® » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:21 pm

i'm still using cressi sub horse colar  ;D. now bocor oledi waaaaa  :-[
Dive Tenggara Adventure [1696725-D] twitter - @divetenggara
Need Seac-Sub, Pelican, Fantasea Line, DAN Insurance, call me www.divetenggara.com :: 019-2121109 :: info@divetenggara.com
Bobo®
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#4  Postby Nazir Amin » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:29 pm

what BC u using bro?? is it a backplate type??

backplate maybe(confirm not jacket type).

saja mau tanya pasal bcd ni, maybe other forumer newbie macam aku nak tau gak apa pro and cons of diferent type of bc, model etc etc.

saya budak yg masih tak paham.
Jawab ibunya, “Bersyukurlah nak, sebab wajah kita gak sejelek orang yang baca tulisan ini…”
Nazir Amin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#5  Postby Lanun » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:29 pm

needed to replace my wing (H-36) due to cut (could be a pinch point or possibly that incident with the sharp pointy thing when i hung my wing  :( ).

shopped around and got a good deal on Oxy 30 Sig. liked the 2 piece design (sturdier). H Eclipse wasn't out yet and didn't want to risk a similar issue with a one-piece design.

but, i swapped out the corr hose/inflator and put my old H hose/inflator on it (familiarity). replaced the dump valve rope with something a bit thicker so it's easier to grab and pull.
Lanun
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#6  Postby Nazir Amin » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:32 pm

needed to replace my wing (H-36) due to cut (could be a pinch point or possibly that incident with the sharp pointy thing when i hung my wing  :( ).

shopped around and got a good deal on Oxy 30 Sig. liked the 2 piece design (sturdier). H Eclipse wasn't out yet and didn't want to risk a similar issue with a one-piece design.

but, i swapped out the corr hose/inflator and put my old H hose/inflator on it (familiarity). replaced the dump valve rope with something a bit thicker so it's easier to grab and pull.

wah... what is wing? H-36?

Oxy 30 Sig? kebenda lak. H Eclipse lagi. H hose/inflator too complicated for me  :o
Nazir Amin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#7  Postby Bobo® » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:41 pm

i'm using Cressi-Sub Eclipse reg...hahahaha ;D

kena ask eric RnT, he should know better, eh, jembalang pun mesti tau punya or Snafu...  for me, Oxycheq is a gooq quality for a tech newbie with minimal money drain out...

paham tak hahaha....

how bout OMS... anyone wanna buy..???
Dive Tenggara Adventure [1696725-D] twitter - @divetenggara
Need Seac-Sub, Pelican, Fantasea Line, DAN Insurance, call me www.divetenggara.com :: 019-2121109 :: info@divetenggara.com
Bobo®
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#8  Postby mocha » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:46 pm

it is a 30 pounder oxycheq Signature wing..... and am using that too.... love it.. haha.....if u are not using a jacket type, then most probably it is a wing.... it comes in two saperate pieces, the wing ( the inflating part) and the backplate or soft type to support/hold the wing....
check this site http://www.oxycheq.com/main.htmlout to learn more... or rather see more of oxycheq product........ ;D
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't
mocha
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#9  Postby bijan » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:58 pm

mocha,

nazir using back-inflated bc..the soft padded one(correct ar) o-pac i think..bukan backplate nyer..

if i'm not mistaken, wing tuh is the inflate/deflate thing right? the one that holds ur tank..hehe

OMS lawaaaa..merah tuuuu
Last edited by bijan on Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Strength is not the attitude of knowing everything, but rather an acceptance of everything"
bijan
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#10  Postby Nazir Amin » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:09 pm

yup.. just check the website.. o-pac as bijan said
Nazir Amin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#11  Postby HoleMaster » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:22 pm

Myself oso using Oxycheq A-Pac 30p. My 2nd BCD after ScubaPro KnightHawk (back inflated). The reason i bought Oxycheq bcoz of the design ie very skimpy, light and reasonably priced. The design caters for tech diving, but thanks to Rec n Tec alot of recreational divers are using that. Back inflated is really good underwater, in terms of manoeuvrability but sucks on surface. If not used to it ur face tend to lean forward and u would only float at neck level. However comparing to jacket type where air is distributed from the side and front, u get well balanced float on surface where water level will be at ur waist.
Rilek la bai...agak2 la diving. Kang tersekat kat lubang susah plak
HoleMaster
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#12  Postby John F SeaDemon » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:26 am

I use the 30lb Sig with O-Pac. Even when i use twins (with 40lb or 50lb wings) I use O-pac.  The reason for back-bladder is to keep the diver in a horizontal position...very useful for tekkies who do a lot of penetration like Holemaster. On the surface it gets some getting used to. You'll need to lie on your back a bit. But of course there is no collar of the jacket type BCD pushed against your chin, or ride high on your face.

OMS looks nice. But personally (my own personal opinion), I would rather not have those bungy cords on the outside when I do wreck penetration...that can potentially mean trouble if they get snagged somewhere when I'm deep in a wreck some 50 meters down.
-If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying-
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#13  Postby comrade » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:38 am

I use the 30lb Sig with O-Pac. Even when i use twins (with 40lb or 50lb wings) I use O-pac.  The reason for back-bladder is to keep the diver in a horizontal position...very useful for tekkies who do a lot of penetration like Holemaster. On the surface it gets some getting used to. You'll need to lie on your back a bit. But of course there is no collar of the jacket type BCD pushed against your chin, or ride high on your face.

OMS looks nice. But personally (my own personal opinion), I would rather not have those bungy cords on the outside when I do wreck penetration...that can potentially mean trouble if they get snagged somewhere when I'm deep in a wreck some 50 meters down.

As for me i really love my Dive Rite BCD.....................simple plus tu jer yg wa mampu beli
comrade
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#14  Postby sheik » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:03 am

hmmm... heard thru a conversation among some professionals, that Oxycheq, Halcyon and OMS got the stuff from the same OEM factory.
Diving: A Serious Play
sheik
Administrator
Administrator

Post Number:#15  Postby OziDiver » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:36 am

My 2cents..you will not have this problem if the jacket BC fits you well..in my humble opinion   :)

But of course there is no collar of the jacket type BCD pushed against your chin, or ride high on your face.
OziDiver
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#16  Postby Snafu » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:03 am

I have used few types & brands of BC's.... horse collar type, jacket, back Inflations...etc.

Jacket type have build-in pockets which comes in handy when storing small items but when is fully inflate on surface tends to give body squeeze....when underwater it tend to give more body roll due to air movement.

Back inflation with soft pac (soft support) are very comfortable & easy to use. No body squeeze when fully inflated, easy to clean & need small place for storage.

Back inflation with hard pac (back plate) are as good as soft pac, is easy to set up when using twin's cylinder.

Soft & hard pac give good horizontal position underwater BUT lack of head-up position when on surface ... need some getting use too by resting your back while on surface.

IMO all BC's should have Crotch Straps, it gives better holding on the BC's while finning.

OMS - Very Expensive
Dive Rite - Expensive
Halcyon - Expensive
Oxycheq - Cheap & Cheerful

As for tekkie & rec user, all the above are good ... so I decided to buy the Cheap & Cheerful brand with LOCAL DIVE Store SUPPORT if anything goes wrong with it, after sales services are very IMPORTANT when comes to diving equipment.

SUPPORT OUR LOCAL DIVE STORE.

;D
Some people are only ALIVE because it's against the law to KILL them...really!!!
Snafu
Administrator
Administrator

Post Number:#17  Postby Jim » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:13 am

hmmm... heard thru a conversation among some professionals, that Oxycheq, Halcyon and OMS got the stuff from the same OEM factory.

heard the same thing. But each brand owner hv their own specs & quality control for the manufacturer to follow....
Jim
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#18  Postby bijan » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:02 am

makes sense tho..Pda-phones like Dopod and  O2 are also mannufactured from the same factory in Taiwan..
"Strength is not the attitude of knowing everything, but rather an acceptance of everything"
bijan
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#19  Postby matpung » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:34 am

heard the same thing. But each brand owner hv their own specs & quality control for the manufacturer to follow....

Agreed with Jim...
Tepuk dada tanya selera la bro
matpung
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#20  Postby toyol » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:17 pm

oxycheq memang best woooo....cuba dulu baru tahu  ;D
toyol
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#21  Postby dp » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:50 pm

haaaa..actually, i was initially looking for halcyon. but ended up buying oxycheq sbb i got a good deal on it.

(and also halcyon was soooooo hard to find - mebbe i wasnt looking at the right places)

However, what made me decide on a BP wing system wasnt to look "cool" (which comes with the package anyhows  ;) ), but more to keep myself streamlined underwater. I found that the cummerband of the jacket BCD wasnt sufficient enough to actually make u feel "one" with the BCD. It was forever sliding to the left la... to the right la...

While it is also true that back inflated BCs tend to push u face down on the surface, it is easily remedied by leaning back.

Another advantage about BPs is : It expands as you tummy expands!

(i am living proof of that!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D)
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One woman brings you into this world crying.
The other ensures you continue to do so for the rest of your life...
dp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#22  Postby Jim » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:57 pm

Another advantage about BPs is : It expands as you tummy expands!

(i am living proof of that!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D)[/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D make sure yr harness is long enuf to cover the exra inches........
Jim
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#23  Postby John F SeaDemon » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:16 pm

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D make sure yr harness is long enuf to cover the exra inches........

I have problem with my crotch strap...not long enuff for me
-If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying-
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#24  Postby Spazm » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:41 pm

Tambah tali rafia.. :P
Substance over matter , Diver behind the dive.....
Spazm
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#25  Postby dp » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:44 pm

memang cukup bro... and then some!

;D
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#26  Postby dp » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:47 pm

ya la bro... bawak kereta pun tak payah pakai kaki tekan accelerator.... ;)
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#27  Postby John F SeaDemon » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:16 pm

ya la bro... bawak kereta pun tak payah pakai kaki tekan accelerator.... ;)

Tau tak pe...that's why I don't allow females in my car...nanti overspeed, lepas tu tak leh nak brake..sangkut kat accelerator pedal :D
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#28  Postby HollowMan » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:20 pm

hahaha power power ... ;D ;D ;D
HollowMan
Founder
Founder

Topics: 2

Post Number:#29  Postby OziDiver » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:47 am

I'm moving to melbourne in July and decided that I needed a travel bcd. So I recently made a purchase and before my bali trip my new rig arrived. Just wanted to share with you my excitement and to let you know that there are other alternatives to Back Bouyancy BCDs.

I bought this rig via online from the US. Went with the diverite transpac soft harness with venture wing. Shipment took 1 week, and arrived in Malaysia intact. Have used it for about 10 dives more less, love the feeling. Best part it came with 2 large pockets to store stuff and also acts as an integrated weight system. I found it to be very compact, small, easy to pack and very streamlined. The wing is shaped rather differently from the normal donut shaped bladder. It's slightly smaller on the top and has a larger base at the bottom, when fully inflated on the surface it tends to curve inwards and makes you feel as if you are in a lazyboy chair, i get no feeling of being toppled to the front.

The downside to back inflate is that i found it much tougher to put it on the surface of water as compared to normal jacket BCDs (forced to do this as diving in bali is done of a jukung).  Can't wait to dive it again in Perhentian next week!

Total damage plus shipping RM27XX (Choice of Dive Rite Transpac Harness or Dive Rite Transplate, any choice of Wing (Travel, Venture, Trek and others), 2 weight pockets of your choice, 1 crotch strap). Visit www.diveriteexpress.com for more info.

front view

back view

size comparison to oxycheq razor 30lbs

view from front in water

view from back in water
OziDiver
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#30  Postby Nizaha » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:10 am

Hi Nazimkecik

I use Diveriteexpress all the time here.. most my tech stuff coming from them and other brand aswell.

I use same setup almost 6 years ago. i love it especially packing. I use travel wing. i just recently change to Backplate. so i not using soft harness anymore. Yeah you just need couple practice to put on your rig at the surface, ..Slowly but surely ! [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Safe diving.

Zaha
Equipment can go to those depths, but your body might not be able to..
Nizaha
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Next

Return to BCDs