MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Why use wing BCD????

Why use wing BCD????

Re: Why use wing BCD????

Post Number:#91  Postby Snafu » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:40 pm

ikan wrote:As i recall, I don't see anywhere in that statement undermining you from seeking 'proper solutions' for the problem faced by your buddy during your IDC course.

But the reasons i agree to the advice given by Syed K.A. (Hail!) is because this buddy of yours is doing his IDC, the course to be future instructor to new divers. This is the guy who is going to guide new divers. Who does new diver look up to when they first venture into this activities? The instructor of course, but he himself doesnt know the characteristic of his own personal diving equipment and you expect him to guide new divers. What will become of them then? What type of diver will they become then?

What about yourself? Since u brought up the subject, have you ever tried using the back inflated BCD? Do you experience the same thing that he does? What steps did u take to adjust yourself to diving with this particular BCD?

Wow..you can read my mind!!! How can future instructor have problem with own diving equipment? 1 wrap around the body & the other is right behind, do think of the position & where the air going to be when fully or half inflated for both type.

I would understand if problem cannot be solve by non diving pro but coming from future instructor is hard to swallow as there are S&P that candidates must have own equipment & knows how to use it....very basic for pro.

Is very true for what Ikan have explained, if he is not ready he should not be there.

Thanks for putting this up Nanda, a least we know what to look for when we go diving.

:D
Some people are only ALIVE because it's against the law to KILL them...really!!!
Snafu
Administrator
Administrator

Post Number:#92  Postby Sicko » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:02 pm

Syed K. A. wrote:Wow..you can read my mind!!! How can future instructor have problem with own diving equipment? 1 wrap around the body & the other is right behind, do think of the position & where the air going to be when fully or half inflated for both type.

I would understand if problem cannot be solve by non diving pro but coming from future instructor is hard to swallow as there are S&P that candidates must have own equipment & knows how to use it....very basic for pro.

Is very true for what Ikan have explained, if he is not ready he should not be there.

Thanks for putting this up Nanda, a least we know what to look for when we go diving.

Bro, some people got 4WD cars also don't know how to exploit it's full potential or even worse.........know how to operate the mechanism............and yet, he/she with enough driving experience without any bad driving records can apply to be driving instructor!!  :D  Warped isn't it??
Anyone can do a dive to 100m or more.....
But how many will return alive???
Sicko
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#93  Postby dp » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:24 am

kimseng the maverick rogue wrote:
Sicko wrote:
So you bring condoms along when diving..............to screw fishes????   :D

ohh... many many reasons...
e.g. show somebody the middle finger with it on, extra list bag, DSMB, balloon to fool around, screwing a HUMAN u/water.... the list goes on...
think creatively :D :D :D :D :D
anyway need more feedback on this thread...

well... there are some places where u do surface intervals on remote islands...only to be accompanied by monitor lizards. ;)
One woman brings you into this world crying.
The other ensures you continue to do so for the rest of your life...
dp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#94  Postby kimseng the maverick rogue » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:38 pm

Sicko wrote:Bro, some people got 4WD cars also don't know how to exploit it's full potential or even worse.........know how to operate the mechanism............and yet, he/she with enough driving experience without any bad driving records can apply to be driving instructor!!   :D  Warped isn't it??

haha.... that is a case where that person has got more moolah thatn the average person...
till today i still can't properly handle an AMG machine... though it's not mine  :P... i'm very poor 1.

dp wrote:
well... there are some places where u do surface intervals on remote islands...only to be accompanied by monitor lizards. ;)

wah speaking from experience?  :D :D :D
Sex is like math...
add the bed, substract the clothes, divide the legs & pray U don't multiply...
kimseng the maverick rogue
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#95  Postby Sicko » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:45 pm

Sicko wrote:Bro, some people got 4WD cars also don't know how to exploit it's full potential or even worse.........know how to operate the mechanism............and yet, he/she with enough driving experience without any bad driving records can apply to be driving instructor!!   :D  Warped isn't it??

haha.... that is a case where that person has got more moolah thatn the average person...
till today i still can't properly handle an AMG machine... though it's not mine  :P... i'm very poor 1.

Well at least you get to drive an AMG........ :)

The closest I'll ever get to owning a car is if I buy the 1/14th scale type.
Sicko
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#96  Postby dp » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:39 am

dp wrote:

wah speaking from experience?  :D :D :D

bro, m not the one bringing condoms in jacket BCD pockets...:P  :D :D :D :D
Last edited by dp on Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
One woman brings you into this world crying.
The other ensures you continue to do so for the rest of your life...
dp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#97  Postby CTzenkane » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:22 am

I'm planning to get my first BC and I did a lot of research on the type of BCs that are available out there. My decision right now is on getting the Back Plate on Wing type, NOT because its COOL but its more streamline, modular and a BC that can 'grow' along with my experience level.

I'm hoping I can learn more about this type of BC from online resources such as in a diving forum like this. Initially this thread started out great with useful info/inputs but the last few posts are getting WAY OUT OF TOPIC.
I believe some divers like me who wanted enriched their diving/diving equipment knowledge dont really want to go thru a thread with lots of posts not related to its topic.
CTzenkane
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#98  Postby Snafu » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:01 am

CTzenkane wrote:I'm planning to get my first BC and I did a lot of research on the type of BCs that are available out there. My decision right now is on getting the Back Plate on Wing type, NOT because its COOL but its more streamline, modular and a BC that can 'grow' along with my experience level.

I'm hoping I can learn more about this type of BC from online resources such as in a diving forum like this. Initially this thread started out great with useful info/inputs but the last few posts are getting WAY OUT OF TOPIC.
I believe some divers like me who wanted enriched their diving/diving equipment knowledge dont really want to go thru a thread with lots of posts not related to its topic.

Yes you have a point, lets all get back to the topic.

Thanks.

Some people are only ALIVE because it's against the law to KILL them...really!!!
Snafu
Administrator
Administrator

Post Number:#99  Postby Sicko » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:52 am

CTzenkane wrote:I'm planning to get my first BC and I did a lot of research on the type of BCs that are available out there. My decision right now is on getting the Back Plate on Wing type, NOT because its COOL but its more streamline, modular and a BC that can 'grow' along with my experience level.

Good choice.........mind telling us which setup you are eyeing or getting?  :)
Sicko
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#100  Postby Linko » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:21 pm

I bought a Zeagle scout last night and will be getting comfortable with it tomorrow night. Got a dive to Jarak this w/e, and I should spend some quality time with it  ;) Thanks to all the comments here and the diveshop advice I think my chances of drowning (in the swimming pool) have reduced significantly!

Reasons I chose it is that it's:
1. Wing = Streamline, 2. Lack of pockets = Customisable with hooks, and 3. Easy to pack and Light = travel-friendly.

I could expand on this, but I think this thread has done good. Even asked about IDC's and how students would use it too. Best thing to do, is to try it out... Oh, and any1 with body size can try it - very adjustable.

Also, got some fella want to bring condom somemore! See, the wing BCD makes people very "excited". :D :D Sometimes off-topic is ok la. It's a fun community here la. Not wikipedia :P
Have no Fear, Test your Gear!
Linko
Diver
Diver

Topics: 2

Previous

Return to BCDs