MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Re: Red or Black? what say u?

Re: Red or Black? what say u?

Red or Black? what say u?

Post Number:#1  Postby SuperKingKong® » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:49 am

hmmm...

what do you think of a red color wing? .. instead of a conventional black.
any opinions?

red being "cool", stricking and easy to see from above (especially during emergency)

but i've heard that bright color attracts some fishes... especially those fishes that can cause harm.

need your opinions.. pros and cons... thanks
cheers...
"Dive Like Hell & You'll Be There" (it's so true... i personally have experienced it)
SuperKingKong®
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author

Post Number:#2  Postby mocha » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:56 am

aiyooo king kong...no pros or cons la.... color is all about preference la.... hehe....if u like then pros lor...dun like then cons lor..... :smileinbox:
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't
mocha
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#3  Postby SuperKingKong® » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:22 am

mocha wrote:aiyooo king kong...no pros or cons la.... color is all about preference la.... hehe....if u like then pros lor...dun like then cons lor..... :smileinbox:

haha.. ppls say red/bright color will attract sharks mah.. so, just wanna get some opinions here mah :P
cheers...
"Dive Like Hell & You'll Be There" (it's so true... i personally have experienced it)
SuperKingKong®
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author

Post Number:#4  Postby mocha » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:37 am

SuperKingKong® wrote:
mocha wrote:aiyooo king kong...no pros or cons la.... color is all about preference la.... hehe....if u like then pros lor...dun like then cons lor..... :smileinbox:

haha.. ppls say red/bright color will attract sharks mah.. so, just wanna get some opinions here mah :P

hehe...got statistic on that?? well...as long as u are well behaved and be nice to them, they wont attack u la...hehe....but better still if u buy all black la.... :laughing11: :laughing11:
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't
mocha
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#5  Postby SuperKingKong® » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:55 am

mocha wrote:
SuperKingKong® wrote:

hehe...got statistic on that?? well...as long as u are well behaved and be nice to them, they wont attack u la...hehe....but better still if u buy all black la.... :laughing11: :laughing11:

hehehee.. :D
cheers...
SuperKingKong®
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author

Post Number:#6  Postby reen » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:53 am

if it is me...i go for the red...dun care about attract sharks or not..
last time i bought my red fin and everyone was being sarcastic & try to scare
me with the sharks tales...
but when ever i looked at the underwater pictures/movie i would be proud cozz
i can see myself (my red fin) very cleaaarrrr wohoooooo!!

so just buy what ever that you like beibeh~
reen

Post Number:#7  Postby Bagman » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:26 pm

red would be cool, and easy to spot...but if its true bout the shark thingy, then go for black lah....hehehe :p
Bagman
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#8  Postby Mephisto the Heretic » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:33 pm

cheh....what colour ahh? since when you start getting fashion conscince...get the red laaa....easy to recognise underwater..i know you want the red one....right?....no need to ask us to justify for you..just get the red one..i know you want it...heh..right?..dont be shy....heh
BE FAITHFUL! BE STRONG! BE VIGILANT!
'...a mind without purpose will walk in dark places.' -The Spheres of Longing, II. ix. 31.
Mephisto the Heretic
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#9  Postby Rol_an_dive » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:54 pm

Buddy you must go RED, not enough shark sightings and if RED atrracts give you opportunity for good pics.... I use one coloured bright Orange thats now faded now pretty "Pinkish" and have not seen large shark since Sipadan, so go with the RED :laughing11: :laughing11:
Better cold-dive than no-dive
Rol_an_dive
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#10  Postby SuperKingKong® » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:48 pm

mephisto wrote:cheh....what colour ahh? since when you start getting fashion conscince...get the red laaa....easy to recognise underwater..i know you want the red one....right?....no need to ask us to justify for you..just get the red one..i know you want it...heh..right?..dont be shy....heh

heehee.. actually... quite nice. saw holemaster with it the last time.. kekee

red.. it's nice, new taste but cons... attract problems... that's why i ask for opinions... heheee

hmm... if that is really the case... why ask for trouble, eh? :P
i think i'll still go with black :P conventional and safe :)
cheers...
SuperKingKong®
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author

Post Number:#11  Postby Scorpenesub » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:18 pm

SuperKingKong® wrote:
mephisto wrote:cheh....what colour ahh? since when you start getting fashion conscince...get the red laaa....easy to recognise underwater..i know you want the red one....right?....no need to ask us to justify for you..just get the red one..i know you want it...heh..right?..dont be shy....heh

heehee.. actually... quite nice. saw holemaster with it the last time.. kekee
red.. it's nice, new taste but cons... attract problems... that's why i ask for opinions... heheee
hmm... if that is really the case... why ask for trouble, eh? :P
i think i'll still go with black :P conventional and safe :)

Hey SKK, don't be chicken la..... stand out among the crowd....go for red..... :D :D :D  See how Clinton stood out among all the US presidents..... :D :D :D
Last edited by Scorpenesub on Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stealth is success
Scorpenesub
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Post Number:#12  Postby Cripple Diver » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:25 pm

Can't remember where I read or saw, but I thought black would represent a silhouette of a dugong or seal ......... easy prey for sharks   :D
:iroc:  Fly High Dive Deep
Cripple Diver
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#13  Postby LaraCroft » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:23 pm

SuperKingKong® wrote:hmmm...

any opinions?

red being "cool", stricking and easy to see from above (especially during emergency)

but i've heard that bright color attracts some fishes... especially those fishes that can cause harm.

Hi SKK..

How hv you been? You missed our MUW's 1st Anniversary Dinner lar.. It was so much fun. Hope you could make it sometime in the future.

As for your problem on deciding which colour wing to choose.. Hmmm... decisions decisions... Hahaha funny lar you...

Well SKK, if I were you.. I would take the RED wing.

Positive Reasons:
1. It's red, its obvious; hence easy to spot ur BC topside and easy to identify SKK u/w.
2. Chances of you loosing ur BC as in kena curi (stolen) is very very small.
3. You look hip in it. And you dare to be different!

As for the negative feed backs : I'd agree with Mocha, there's no statistics on RED attracts sharks and stuff. Especially in Malaysian waters.

So.. common SKK, be a MAN. Take the RED and dare to be different... :D :D :D :D. I know you are soooo tempted to take the RED... dont malu (shy) lar.
Get busy livin' or Get busy divin'
LaraCroft
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Post Number:#14  Postby SuperKingKong® » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:20 am

LaraCroft wrote:

any opinions?

Hi SKK..

How hv you been? You missed our MUW's 1st Anniversary Dinner lar.. It was so much fun. Hope you could make it sometime in the future.

As for your problem on deciding which colour wing to choose.. Hmmm... decisions decisions... Hahaha funny lar you...

Positive Reasons:
1. It's red, its obvious; hence easy to spot ur BC topside and easy to identify SKK u/w.

As for the negative feed backs : I'd agree with Mocha, there's no statistics on RED attracts sharks and stuff. Especially in Malaysian waters.

So.. common SKK, be a MAN. Take the RED and dare to be different... :D :D :D :D. I know you are soooo tempted to take the RED... dont malu (shy) lar.

hi darlin...

nice to hear from :)
haizzz.... i really am very sad lah..  :crybaby2: really really wish i could go... sighzz

thanks for the feedback... kekee.. well, actually yes.. i quite like the red  ;) but am skeptical.. that's why i'm asking ... kkekeee :P
cheers...
SuperKingKong®
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author

Post Number:#15  Postby HoleMaster » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:10 am

SuperKingKong® wrote:
LaraCroft wrote:

any opinions?

Hi SKK..

Positive Reasons:

hi darlin...

nice to hear from :)
haizzz.... i really am very sad lah..  :crybaby2: really really wish i could go... sighzz

thanks for the feedback... kekee.. well, actually yes.. i quite like the red  ;) but am skeptical.. that's why i'm asking ... kkekeee :P

It goes without saying...obviously RED. Myself and nazimkecik used red wing in sipadan this year and there were many sharks (white tips). So far no problems. If u think its dangerous to hv red colour wing, why do manufacturers like OMS, Oxycheq, Dive Rite and etc bother to produce one? Obviously they have conducted extensive research before producing it right?
Rilek la bai...agak2 la diving. Kang tersekat kat lubang susah plak
HoleMaster
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#16  Postby SuperKingKong® » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:26 am

HoleMaster wrote:It goes without saying...obviously RED. Myself and nazimkecik used red wing in sipadan this year and there were many sharks (white tips). So far no problems. If u think its dangerous to hv red colour wing, why do manufacturers like OMS, Oxycheq, Dive Rite and etc bother to produce one? Obviously they have conducted extensive research before producing it right?

hehehe... :)
hey.. that day in cheras pool... ur red wing.. is it an oxycheq?
i can't see any red option in oxycheq website leh...
cheers...
SuperKingKong®
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author

Post Number:#17  Postby LaraCroft » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:11 am

SuperKingKong® wrote:
HoleMaster wrote:It goes without saying...obviously RED. Myself and nazimkecik used red wing in sipadan this year and there were many sharks (white tips). So far no problems. If u think its dangerous to hv red colour wing, why do manufacturers like OMS, Oxycheq, Dive Rite and etc bother to produce one? Obviously they have conducted extensive research before producing it right?

That was definitely an Oxycheq la SKK. Our Hollyness got the one and ONLY RED Oxycheq in the country.
No more after this.. unless RnT has a demand of minimum 50units of RED Oxycheqs. Then you got chance lar..
Or else.. OMS or Dive Rite lor.

Hmm.. Why dont you ask Katakpink if there's any supplier over there in the US of A.

Cheers!

p/s : looking at the bladder design of the RED dive rite. Err... I think Oxycheq looks much much sexier and hot la SKK.
Last edited by LaraCroft on Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
LaraCroft
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Post Number:#18  Postby SuperKingKong® » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:37 am

LaraCroft wrote:
SuperKingKong® wrote:

That was definitely an Oxycheq la SKK. Our Hollyness got the one and ONLY RED Oxycheq in the country.
No more after this.. unless RnT has a demand of minimum 50units of RED Oxycheqs. Then you got chance lar..
Or else.. OMS or Dive Rite lor.

Hmm.. Why dont you ask Katakpink if there's any supplier over there in the US of A.

Cheers!

p/s : looking at the bladder design of the RED dive rite. Err... I think Oxycheq looks much much sexier and hot la SKK.

kekee... i thought so :P ... talking about trim... oxycheq mach v beats them hands down :)

but hor... the manufacturer only has the black color... unless special order...
i will check with katakpink ... hehee
probably i'll also drop a mail to oxycheq and see whether they will do for 1 order or not :P
Last edited by SuperKingKong® on Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
cheers...
SuperKingKong®
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author

Post Number:#19  Postby babynemo » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:39 am

Lucky Holemaster  ;)
babynemo
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#20  Postby SuperKingKong® » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:51 am

LaraCroft wrote:p/s : looking at the bladder design of the RED dive rite. Err... I think Oxycheq looks much much sexier and hot la SKK.

aiya... although the mach v is hot.. but skk not hot.. ended up, ppl see also vomit...  :D positive and negative is negative :P
Holemaster different.. he is hot.. wing also hot... wah... even guys see him also got attracted :P  :D ... positive and positive is positive :P  :D
cheers...
SuperKingKong®
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author

Post Number:#21  Postby HoleMaster » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:01 pm

SuperKingKong® wrote:
LaraCroft wrote:p/s : looking at the bladder design of the RED dive rite. Err... I think Oxycheq looks much much sexier and hot la SKK.

aiya... although the mach v is hot.. but skk not hot.. ended up, ppl see also vomit...  :D positive and negative is negative :P
Holemaster different.. he is hot.. wing also hot... wah... even guys see him also got attracted :P  :D ... positive and positive is positive :P  :D

Me HOT? Wer got...myself normal guy with normal equipments...When i see u SKK u r way HOTTER! :glasses2:
HoleMaster
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#22  Postby babyFin » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:57 pm

HoleMaster wrote:
SuperKingKong® wrote:

Me HOT? Wer got...myself normal guy with normal equipments...When i see u SKK u r way HOTTER! :glasses2:

waaa..so who the hottest now?
:angel8: :angel8: :angel8:
[font=Lucida Calligraphy]First mistake to be learned, Second mistake is because of stupidity..
[/font]
babyFin
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#23  Postby SuperKingKong® » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:34 pm

HoleMaster wrote:
SuperKingKong® wrote:

nah... this kind of lie... if say once or twice... still ok, if u always say, "nanti gigi jatuh" one by one (teeth will drop one by one)  :D ;)
cheers...
SuperKingKong®
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author

Post Number:#24  Postby HoleMaster » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:51 pm

SuperKingKong® wrote:
HoleMaster wrote:
SuperKingKong® wrote:

nah... this kind of lie... if say once or twice... still ok, if u always say, "nanti gigi jatuh" one by one (teeth will drop one by one)  :D ;)

Very FARNEE lah u SKK :D :D :D :D
HoleMaster
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#25  Postby LaraCroft » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:57 pm

HoleMaster wrote:
SuperKingKong® wrote:

Haiyaa SKK.. I HAVE met you in person and aayyy dont say like that lar. You are HOT oso! But in RED Oxycheq you will look hotter!!  :D
LaraCroft
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Post Number:#26  Postby SuperKingKong® » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:25 am

kekekeee.... thanks for the words... :)

We all MUW members are HOT :) especially those with red wings  :D

p/s: Talked to the manufacturer, red color is not a stocked color. They can make for u (any color) but if it's within the production run. And production run was just over, and will supply for the 3 months. So, i guess i can only order it in December  :crybaby2: Good things are never easy to get :(
cheers...
SuperKingKong®
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author

Post Number:#27  Postby babyFin » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:35 am

SuperKingKong® wrote:kekekeee.... thanks for the words... :)

p/s: Talked to the manufacturer, red color is not a stocked color. They can make for u (any color) but if it's within the production run. And production run was just over, and will supply for the 3 months. So, i guess i can only order it in December  :crybaby2: Good things are never easy to get :(

and even u ll be much more hotter if at the same time u r wering a red thong la SKK... rrrrrrrrr...!!!
[font=Lucida Calligraphy]First mistake to be learned, Second mistake is because of stupidity..
[/font]
babyFin
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#28  Postby SuperKingKong® » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:38 am

babyFin wrote:

and even u ll be much more hotter if at the same time u r wering a red thong la SKK... rrrrrrrrr...!!!

la.. babyfin,  don't wanna spoil the whole dive trip lah... members will loose their appetite and get sick  :sad4:  :D
cheers...
SuperKingKong®
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author

Post Number:#29  Postby LaraCroft » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:49 am

babyFin wrote:

Hahaha.. you are indeed THE pornstar lar BF to suggest such to SKK..  :D :D :D
LaraCroft
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Post Number:#30  Postby babyFin » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:39 am

SuperKingKong® wrote:
babyFin wrote:

la.. babyfin,  don't wanna spoil the whole dive trip lah... members will loose their appetite and get sick  :sad4:  :D

uik!! don tell me u have tried before?? u havent rite..so, u donno..and u will know after u have tried..  :D :D "hottest hunk onboard!
[/font]
babyFin
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Next

Return to BCDs