MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - How to store my BCD?

How to store my BCD?

Re: How to store my BCD?

Post Number:#31  Postby Nitrogen addict » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:05 pm

errrrrrrrrrrr atuk may i ask why the BCD at your office?????  :P :P :P
www.oceanelements.my @OceanElements
Nitrogen addict
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#32  Postby Mephisto the Heretic » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:41 pm

MT_tank wrote:
MACHA wrote:Dey fellas...the problem is our climate la...humidity very high!...so after doing all the necesarry methods from the other members...STORE IN COOL DRY PLACE make sure the storage/compartment  got good seal put 1 of those...achhoo forgot the name la...dat hippo thing in your closet..ceh!maybe somebody can help me recall la ;)

badak haus (thirsty hippo) la macha bro,

or its technical name is Silica gel.

for futher infomation, please refer to:

[url][http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silica_gel/url]
BE FAITHFUL! BE STRONG! BE VIGILANT!
'...a mind without purpose will walk in dark places.' -The Spheres of Longing, II. ix. 31.
Mephisto the Heretic
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#33  Postby Atuk » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:56 pm

Nitrogen addict wrote:errrrrrrrrrrr atuk may i ask why the BCD at your office?????  :P :P :P

easy to go dive trip direct from office, ha ha... no lah, office is almost 24 hours air-conditioned and naturally then humidity level in office is way below outside / non-air conditioned areas.  Want a storage area with even lower humidity?  Try your company's server room  :D :D
Atuk
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#34  Postby Kapal Selam » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:44 pm

I did the same as everyone advice...coming back from dive trip, wash all the equipments again inc. the BCD and then hang it to dry. But when I soak the BCD over night, I put some softener in it, just wanna make it smell good. Someone told me not to put in any chemicals when soak the BCD....but I think softener is made not to damage any fabrics...does anyone has any advice here? Will by adding softener in the water & soak BCD in it can damage the BCD?
Kapal Selam
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#35  Postby MT_Tanc » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:46 pm

Kapal Selam wrote:I did the same as everyone advice...coming back from dive trip, wash all the equipments again inc. the BCD and then hang it to dry. But when I soak the BCD over night, I put some softener in it, just wanna make it smell good. Someone told me not to put in any chemicals when soak the BCD....but I think softener is made not to damage any fabrics...does anyone has any advice here? Will by adding softener in the water & soak BCD in it can damage the BCD?

after rinse with fresh water+dettol and hang it until it dry ,i use silicone spray and wipe it with clean towel.then just hang with m/purpose hangar (bought at scubatex,rm20 oni,cheap!)on my wall. :)
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
A good woman will do 70 chores around the house. Cooking and 69
MT_Tanc
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Previous

Return to BCDs