MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Which BCD is most suitable to me?

Which BCD is most suitable to me?

Re: Which BCD is most suitable to me?

Post Number:#31  Postby massive_headwound » Fri May 25, 2007 11:46 pm

Sheik, I totally agree with you that back inflated is the way to go... i started off renting the jacket BCD and i was so uncomfortable and many a times the BCD didnt fit me properly (since i am renting - you can never find one that would fit you perfectly).... I was blessed to own a OXYCHEQ back inflated BCD a few years back and i have improved my diving and i now use less weights too. NO more back ache too which is most important.....

I would recommend to get a really good BCD which would last for years.....

Snafu's diverite BCD looks like a musuem piece.... I think he must have had that bcd for at least 10 years or more

how much lift on urs? tot i can see in Tioman, not able too now.
massive_headwound

Topic author

Post Number:#32  Postby scubacrook » Sat May 26, 2007 8:10 am

BCD Guys,
Using SP BC Jacket type ever since. Now oledi ketat cos cepat membesar so
i would love to try BCD first.anyone ada session at pool i might try cos high time to change...so guys ada 1 value customer here..cepat cepat..
agak agak baper cost nye ye...  ;D :) ;) 8-)
scubacrook

Topic author

Post Number:#33  Postby wing0112 » Sat May 26, 2007 9:01 am

i also 1 2 try b4 i finally make up my mind.,.. i would like to buy Bobo recomended BP...but then i was too fancied with zeagle....... so how?
wing0112

Topic author

Post Number:#34  Postby najibest » Sat May 26, 2007 11:04 am

i also 1 2 try b4 i finally make up my mind.,.. i would like to buy Bobo recomended BP...but then i was too fancied with zeagle....... so how?

heh.. it's always hard to decide.. i have to say i too fancied a zeagle once.. anyway u can actually customize a bp and wing to be anything that you want.. want to add a pocket? sure.. cummerbund? sure.. and many more.. if i'm not mistaken faceless got a zeagle (correct me if i'm wrong) and many people got bp and wing .. so i guess u can borrow both and take them to the pool to decide :)
najibest

Topic author

Post Number:#35  Postby wing0112 » Sat May 26, 2007 12:48 pm

yeah.. so maybe when they are doing a pool session.. will try to join along lah... kekekek whoas look like need to save a lot lah..... too many thing i fancy. kakkkak
wing0112

Topic author

Post Number:#36  Postby bobo » Sat May 26, 2007 10:04 pm

when my sets arrive, we can have pool session, momo74 n sapertuh will be the proud owner of the new BP hehehe... soon...
bobo

Topic author

Post Number:#37  Postby bobo » Sat May 26, 2007 10:08 pm

U have lots of money, OMS... u have money, Dive Rite, U have some money Oxycheq... none of the above..... look down... hehehehe

v
v
v
v
v
v

cheap... cheap... but quality assured...

[font=Sans-Serif]Price revise on item 5 & 6 8-)   Price revise on item 5 & 6 8-)  Price revise on item 5 & 6 8-)[/font]

New price:

1. Complete back pack with wing (BCD back inflation) set = RM900  :o (1st picture - with back pack, harness, wing, inflator with scuba-alert - what you see is what you get - can be use immediately)
2. Stainless Steel back plate = RM352 (The plate only)
3. Aluminium back plate = RM272 (The plate only)
4. Power inflator with second stage and scub-alert (without hose) = RM600
5. Back pack sets Steel = RM1,250 (The wing, back pack, harness, inflator with scuba-alert and plate)
6. Back pack sets Aluminium = RM1,170 (The wing, back pack, harness, inflator with scuba-alert and plate)

[highlight]3 years manufacturers warranty. Manufacturer damage, 1 to 1 change, no questions asked. *Terms and conditions apply.[/highlight]

Price revise for item 5 and 6... cheaper...  ;D

15% discount for Instructors, AIs, DMs for items 1 to 3

[font=Sans-Serif]Orders are welcome....  8-)[/font] [font=Sans-Serif]Orders are welcome....  8-)[/font][font=Sans-Serif]Orders are welcome....  8-)[/font]
bobo

Topic author

Post Number:#38  Postby najibest » Sun May 27, 2007 6:33 pm

when my sets arrive, we can have pool session, momo74 n sapertuh will be the proud owner of the new BP hehehe... soon...

bobo, when's the ETA for the sets? i wanna see it in action la :)
najibest

Topic author

Post Number:#39  Postby zimm » Sun May 27, 2007 8:35 pm

i've heard so much abt the goodness using back inflate BCD. I'm yet to experience it but will definitely try soon. tks snafuette. hope i can try it during our nxt dive together ;)

woman, aren't u supposed to be off to KK by now?
;D ;D ;D ;D
my flight was delayed!!
btw i'm in layang2 now.......great dive site! sighting of hammerheads, devil rays & whale shark.
they hv wi fi here yahooooooo ;)
zimm

Topic author

Post Number:#40  Postby scubacrook » Sun May 27, 2007 11:21 pm

nie yang jealous nie..have a good dive..
scubacrook

Topic author

Post Number:#41  Postby massive_headwound » Sun May 27, 2007 11:44 pm

i've heard so much abt the goodness using back inflate BCD. I'm yet to experience it but will definitely try soon. tks snafuette. hope i can try it during our nxt dive together ;)

woman, aren't u supposed to be off to KK by now?
;D ;D ;D ;D
my flight was delayed!!
btw i'm in layang2 now.......great dive site! sighting of hammerheads, devil rays & whale shark.

Nice!!!
any pics?
massive_headwound

Topic author

Post Number:#42  Postby wing0112 » Mon May 28, 2007 9:19 am

[/quote]

wow...... good for ya.. and y must u do all this to us........... :( ;D ;D :'(
enjoyr ur dives...
wing0112

Topic author

Post Number:#43  Postby LaraCroft » Mon May 28, 2007 10:20 pm

As for me.. I was very very very happy with my jacket BC and no other is better those days. Until one day my BC 'konged up' on me. Sob.. sob.. so sad that I almost wanted to bury it and hv it a funeral. Thats how much this BC is special to me.

ANYWAY... it took me a couple of months to do some research bout BCs. By checking out the internet, websites, gettin info and advise from sifus and lastly testing BCs at the pool.

I finally purchased a Wing BC. The Oxycheq. I would agree with Snafuette..
Wing BC is the way to go... Its much lighter, no drag, u feel so free in front and the sides, so easy to use. My bouyancy wasnt that great those days.. but this BC really helped in improving my bouyancy too.

AS for me... I will stick to Wings forever.

My advise to you MH would be. Buy what you feel comfortable with. Go and find out more bout the BCs you like. And if you can test them.. take them to the pool. Dont rush into buying these things, they aint cheap gurl. Ask for advise from sifus that have experience using many types of BCs, they would know. But still at the end of the day.. ITS YOU. You decide whats good for you.
Last edited by LaraCroft on Mon May 28, 2007 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LaraCroft

Topic author

Post Number:#44  Postby massive_headwound » Mon May 28, 2007 11:30 pm

As for me.. I was very very very happy with my jacket BC and no other is better those days. Until one day my BC 'konged up' on me. Sob.. sob.. so sad that I almost wanted to bury it and hv it a funeral. Thats how much this BC is special to me.

ANYWAY... it took me a couple of months to do some research bout BCs. By checking out the internet, websites, gettin info and advise from sifus and lastly testing BCs at the pool.

Wing BC is the way to go... Its much lighter, no drag, u feel so free in front and the sides, so easy to use. My bouyancy wasnt that great those days.. but this BC really helped in improving my bouyancy too.

My advise to you MH would be. Buy what you feel comfortable with. Go and find out more bout the BCs you like. And if you can test them.. take them to the pool. Dont rush into buying these things, they aint cheap gurl. Ask for advise from sifus that have experience using many types of BCs, they would know. But still at the end of the day.. ITS YOU. You decide whats good for you.

Agree Lara!!! very convincing advise!!! i'll take ur advise and try out the wings of love!!! like they said, nothing like the taste of the pudding... Thanks lara
massive_headwound

Topic author

Post Number:#45  Postby bobo » Mon May 28, 2007 11:36 pm

bobo, when's the ETA for the sets? i wanna see it in action la :)

dunno yet may be this or next week... hehehe
bobo

Topic author

Post Number:#46  Postby tigershue » Mon May 28, 2007 11:47 pm

OXYCHEQ RULES....

tigershue

Topic author

Post Number:#47  Postby wing0112 » Tue May 29, 2007 9:06 am

oxycheq ar.. now only i know.. hahaha who is the dealer over here in Malaysia? BOBO a,\r... urm when u guy test out the new set, please do inform us and hopefully this weeklah coz holiday mah.... next week i not so free .... kekeke
wing0112

Topic author

Post Number:#48  Postby LaraCroft » Tue May 29, 2007 9:37 am

oxycheq ar.. now only i know.. hahaha who is the dealer over here in Malaysia? BOBO a,\r... urm when u guy test out the new set, please do inform us and hopefully this weeklah coz holiday mah.... next week i not so free .... kekeke

If you're interested in the Oxycheq, go look for Katakpink. He is the sole retailer of Oxycheq currently. Where did you think we ALL got our Oxycheq??
LaraCroft

Topic author

Post Number:#49  Postby deepblu » Tue May 29, 2007 11:06 am

...like they said, nothing like the taste of the pudding...

so MH, do u wanna taste my pudding?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

i can loan u my BP with the 30lb lift. (tho the harness will need a loooot of adjustments to fit u.  :D )

just tell me when.
deepblu

Topic author

Post Number:#50  Postby bobo » Tue May 29, 2007 11:58 am

Oxycheq katakpink la bro.... me the al cheapo wan, no brand.... (been thinkin of doing embroid the muw org tua at the wing heheheh  ;))
bobo

Topic author

Post Number:#51  Postby spazm » Tue May 29, 2007 12:10 pm

i can loan u my BP with the 30lb lift. (tho the harness will need a loooot of adjustments to fit u.  :D )

just tell me when.

wah!!..pompuan je u offer loan kah?...been diving with you so long..never once u offered it to me..heh heh..:p

spazm

Topic author

Post Number:#52  Postby deepblu » Tue May 29, 2007 12:40 pm

just tell me when.

wah!!..pompuan je u offer loan kah?...been diving with you so long..never once u offered it to me..heh heh..:p

coz u dont like pudding.
Last edited by deepblu on Tue May 29, 2007 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deepblu

Topic author

Post Number:#53  Postby wing0112 » Tue May 29, 2007 5:20 pm

If you're interested in the Oxycheq, go look for Katakpink. He is the sole retailer of Oxycheq currently. Where did you think we ALL got our Oxycheq??

whoa u all are business man la...should put a list there ar.. on who n who is selling what brand.. sole distributor or agent.. easier lah to find when we need to beli barang...
wing0112

Topic author

Post Number:#54  Postby bobo » Tue May 29, 2007 5:32 pm

no need to list maa.. just ask, we can guide you... it depends on your need and pocket hehehe....
bobo

Topic author

Post Number:#55  Postby zimm » Tue May 29, 2007 9:25 pm

not sure if this question has been asked?? is oxcyheq any lighter compare to any normal jacket bcd. hate paying extra when ur travelling with airasia!!
zimm

Topic author

Post Number:#56  Postby massive_headwound » Tue May 29, 2007 10:57 pm

just tell me when.

cool mate... hmmm cant wait!!
massive_headwound

Topic author

Post Number:#57  Postby bobo » Tue May 29, 2007 11:11 pm

not sure if this question has been asked?? is oxcyheq any lighter compare to any normal jacket bcd. hate paying extra when ur travelling with airasia!!

lighter 5x  ;) true...

my doughnut will be here on the 6th...yea yea...
Last edited by bobo on Tue May 29, 2007 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobo

Topic author

Post Number:#58  Postby GOD » Wed May 30, 2007 12:16 am

Is lighter & it offers one of the best trim underwater.

;D
GOD

Topic author

Post Number:#59  Postby wing0112 » Wed May 30, 2007 8:49 am

okoko.. so when goin to have another demo again ar to try out stuff.. call me yah.... i try my best to attend...
wing0112

Topic author

Post Number:#60  Postby zimm » Wed May 30, 2007 8:54 am

wow...... good for ya.. and y must u do all this to us........... :( ;D ;D :'(
enjoyr ur dives...[/quote]
can see ur slaver dripping  :P :P :P
my report will come soon ;)
zimm

Topic author

PreviousNext

Return to BCDs