MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Aqualung Calypso - Opinions needed, TQ

Aqualung Calypso - Opinions needed, TQ

Aqualung Calypso - Opinions needed, TQ

Post Number:#1  Postby Ajoy » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:19 am

Hi guys,

just wondering how much the price for this set (1st stage, 2nd stage, oct)?
which shop in KL sells them?

do u think the set is worth buying for me? - still new with about 15 dives and dun think can dive regularly,
maybe 2-3 trips/year OR continue renting from dc..

any reviews/opinions/suggestions from current users and all are greatly appreciated... please advise TQ
Ajoy
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Re: Aqualung Calypso - Opinions needed, TQ

Post Number:#2  Postby poisson » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:39 am

Olla Ajoy,

I've been using only Calypso since I started diving (minus the rentals during OW & AOW of course) and it's one robust set. It has never disappointed me since.  I don't go diving often too so we're in the same boat  ;)

Maintenance wise it's very cheap and easy to maintain since its only a balanced piston regulator and if you have the right tools you can even learn to service it yourself.

Pricewise I think it should be under 1.5K for the complete Aqualung set if I'm not mistaken (mine is just the 1st stage,2nd stage, Cap Ayam Octo and a single gauge so my price is different). There are many dealers for Aqualung around KL area, try Planet Scuba in Bangsar or Rec-N-Tec/Scuba Dynamics in hartamas. Other places you can check the Dive Shops listed in this forum.

Recommendation wise (from my opinion) with your condition..It's a good choice  B-)
I liked things better when I didn't understand them..
poisson
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#3  Postby Snafu » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:20 am

Ajoy wrote:Hi guys,

just wondering how much the price for this set (1st stage, 2nd stage, oct)?
which shop in KL sells them?

do u think the set is worth buying for me? - still new with about 15 dives and dun think can dive regularly,
maybe 2-3 trips/year OR continue renting from dc..

any reviews/opinions/suggestions from current users and all are greatly appreciated... please advise TQ

Hi Ajoy,

IMO for time being..U can just rent the equipment when u go diving.

If u decided that U wanna buy a reg, by then U would have tried few different sets n that helps.

Build ur dive slowly but surely, dont rush into equipment or certifications.

Dive Safe.

:D
Some people are only ALIVE because it's against the law to KILL them...really!!!
Snafu
Administrator
Administrator

Post Number:#4  Postby Bagman » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:42 am

I've got a set of Aqualung Calypso, not long tho. and havent used it in a few months coz of being abroad. so far, i find it quite good tho. even before buying the set, quite a number of dive operators i've dived with use them as rental. even the mouth piece look like its gonna fall apart, it works perfectly fine.

I got mine from Scuba Dynamics. got it for around 1.2k. dunno lah if price change d onot. my set up similar to poisson (1st and 2nd stage, cap ayam octo and single gauge). go check out lah ;)
Bagman
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#5  Postby Ajoy » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:51 am

Thanx for the replies and opinions...

its just that part of me wants to buy the equipment n the other part says no need laa... i think its a big investment for an activity ( but then i dont have bcd n reg only) but in a long term, i also think its worth it .. if i continue renting ill get to try n experience other equipment .. konfius konfius [-(

anyway, thanx again for all your replies  ;)
Ajoy
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#6  Postby Snafu » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:36 pm

Ajoy wrote:
Thanx for the replies and opinions...

its just that part of me wants to buy the equipment n the other part says no need laa... i think its a big investment for an activity ( but then i dont have bcd n reg only) but in a long term, i also think its worth it .. if i continue renting ill get to try n experience other equipment .. konfius konfius [-(

anyway, thanx again for all your replies  ;)

Is always good to have your own equipment but pls take your time in choosing it, try it out & do some research.

Most divers go overboard with their diving equipment & only use 20% of what the equipment meant to do....is a waste.

Tru experience n having more dives, you will know what you need for your type of diving.

You can always buy good 2nd hand equipment in the future, need not be new.

Be safe n enjoy building up your diving experience.

:D
Some people are only ALIVE because it's against the law to KILL them...really!!!
Snafu
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Regulators