MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Cressi-sub MC5 Ellipse Steel Regulator

Cressi-sub MC5 Ellipse Steel Regulator

Cressi-sub MC5 Ellipse Steel Regulator

Post Number:#1  Postby meg » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:38 am

People,

Just wondering if anybody using this reg at the moment? Can you share whether the reg is good etc.... need also to know whether Cressi can easily be service in Malaysia and if yes ...is it expensive?....

Meg
meg
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Re: Cressi-sub MC5 Ellipse Steel Regulator

Post Number:#2  Postby MACHA » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:30 pm

Dey meg....Im using the Cressi Sub Ellipse Titanium, generally it's about the same as the MC5....its not the best regulator in the world
but here's some experience with the Ellipse Titanium (ET):

The ET 2nd stage has the same size & design as MC5 its light & no jaw fatigue even after long Confined Water sessions..No flow control inhalation adjustment knob ( another feature on MC7 ) which can be troublesome on maintainance.

The Ellipse range is a high performance balanced diapghram regulator.Performance at deep dives( 40 meters max ) is good . Air delivery is great even when tank pressure running low ( while air sharing too ).
It does a bit of free flow when in upside down position.

The construction is tough!....sometimes the Brickfields fella drop it accidentally ( almost everyday )  [-(
The Italianos are amazing designers...the Ellipse have a great touch of finishing & feel!

Its easy to maintain...just like most regulators, rinse with fresh water after the last dive of the day thoroughly, avoid soaking the 1st stage even dust cap on.
I will try to disassemble the reg after 100 dives but being at the island most of the time with no proper tool i'll service it evry 3-4 months whenever in KL....If you ever disassemble a regulator before then this 1 is easy  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
it can be service in KL by most Dive Center in KL , try to squeeze in while they're fixing it ....a lot can be learn!
Ellipse repair kit is available here & please check with sales person on it. Well i had to wait for 2 months from UFL ( authorised dealer in M'sia )....a mistake i did by not ordering kits earlier.

But recently there's a complaint about the 1st stage HP seat material...I noticed the filter is a bit scrappy / brittle  during servicing....

Overall its a rugged & simple High Performance regulator & serviceable anywhere  ;)
"A man needs a little madness or he never breaks the rope and goes free"......Zorba
MACHA
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topics: 1

Post Number:#3  Postby meg » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:09 pm

MACHA wrote:Dey meg....Im using the Cressi Sub Ellipse Titanium, generally it's about the same as the MC5....its not the best regulator in the world
but here's some experience with the Ellipse Titanium (ET):

The ET 2nd stage has the same size & design as MC5 its light & no jaw fatigue even after long Confined Water sessions..No flow control inhalation adjustment knob ( another feature on MC7 ) which can be troublesome on maintainance.

The Ellipse range is a high performance balanced diapghram regulator.Performance at deep dives( 40 meters max ) is good . Air delivery is great even when tank pressure running low ( while air sharing too ).
It does a bit of free flow when in upside down position.

The construction is tough!....sometimes the Brickfields fella drop it accidentally ( almost everyday )  [-(
The Italianos are amazing designers...the Ellipse have a great touch of finishing & feel!

Its easy to maintain...just like most regulators, rinse with fresh water after the last dive of the day thoroughly, avoid soaking the 1st stage even dust cap on.
I will try to disassemble the reg after 100 dives but being at the island most of the time with no proper tool i'll service it evry 3-4 months whenever in KL....If you ever disassemble a regulator before then this 1 is easy   :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
it can be service in KL by most Dive Center in KL , try to squeeze in while they're fixing it ....a lot can be learn!
Ellipse repair kit is available here & please check with sales person on it. Well i had to wait for 2 months from UFL ( authorised dealer in M'sia )....a mistake i did by not ordering kits earlier.

But recently there's a complaint about the 1st stage HP seat material...I noticed the filter is a bit scrappy / brittle  during servicing....

Overall its a rugged & simple High Performance regulator & serviceable anywhere  ;)

Macha,

Thanks for the info. If Macha can use it...definitely I can....hahhaha...I'm not a heavy user like you...Will see whether I can secure this reg ....got offered quite cheap.... thanks
meg
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#4  Postby babyFin » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:03 pm

:icon_cheers: :headbang: :hello2:
i tell u!.. champion!  ;) im using the Ellipse Titanium too! i so like the lightness.. and the small size, not bulky.
how cheap can u get? share la.. planning to get another set.

:angel8: :angel8: :angel8:
Last edited by babyFin on Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[font=Lucida Calligraphy]First mistake to be learned, Second mistake is because of stupidity..
[/font]
babyFin
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Return to Regulators