MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - s 600 classic

s 600 classic

s 600 classic

Post Number:#1  Postby flying_tapir » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:48 pm

why whn i dive, i looked up..i felt i hardly breath..why?..can someone help me?..
flying_tapir

Topic author

Re: s 600 classic

Post Number:#2  Postby anas » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:03 am

heh heh.. (i m gonna hit and run, je. takut sticky)

ini adalah masalah yg berlaku pada beberapa jenis regulators. kalau yg elok sikit, u dok senget, tetonggeng terbalik pun, lenggok (look up),  also tak de masalah. in other words, those good regs are sweet breathers in all positions.
Last edited by anas on Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
anas

Topic author

Post Number:#3  Postby flying_tapir » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:01 am

tapi mase beli diorang cakap ok..loh..kena tipu la..sikit nye mahal..hampeh..btol kew?..
flying_tapir

Topic author

Post Number:#4  Postby GOD » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:29 pm

2nd Stage nye diaphragm layout kot .... against gravity

So few regs dat can give good breathing in all position

::) true or not ... I donno laaaaaaa

;D
GOD

Topic author

Post Number:#5  Postby SeaDemon » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:57 pm

tapi mase beli diorang cakap ok..loh..kena tipu la..sikit nye mahal..hampeh..btol kew?..

Yang jual kat dive shop tu kekadang tak ada open water cert pun
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#6  Postby bobo » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:27 pm

bukan takat OW tak de... Pulau Payar pun dia kata kat Pahang..cane..??  :'(

tu sebab kalau nak beli, kena test. sedap pakai selesa...bole la beli...

selalunya test member punya dulu or tanya preferrence member...

pah kalau nak beli p la kedai yang ada kolam, leh test hehehehe (aku tak de kena mengena ngan kedai skuba yang ada kolam eh...  :D )
Last edited by bobo on Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobo

Topic author

Post Number:#7  Postby anas » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:58 pm

s600 ni setahu aku kereta je... yang HQ dia kat Stuttgart tuh.

apasal nak testdrive dalam kolam?  :P
anas

Topic author

Post Number:#8  Postby admin » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:00 am

ye la s600  reg tuh kalau mendogak keatas memang ada rasa ketat sikit ....
Last edited by admin on Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
admin

Topic author

Post Number:#9  Postby anas » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:39 am

Flying Tapir:
On a serious note lah. I ni bukannya pandai & berpengalaman sangat to make the commentary. Sebenarnye kalau yg jenis diaphragm, macam Snafu cakap, memang feel ketat sikit when you mendongak at a great depth.

However, you hardly mendongak while diving--in most cases. Unless you are really diving right underneath a manta ray or whale shark which you need to see your overhead constantly.

Other occassion when you need to constantly looking up is when you are ascending. But at that time, i guess your depth is already manageable for the reg to feel less ketat...

In any case, most importantly that you reg breathes dry in both normaly swimming position and odd-swimming position; and delivers air in standard swimming position.

Please don't be despair with your choice of s600. It's a good piece!
Last edited by anas on Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
anas

Topic author

Post Number:#10  Postby flying_tapir » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:13 am

thanks bro..thts y we divers have a good administrator.i mean..to ask for..by the way..guys, i found my answer..thanks for the big help guys ..feel free 2 call me..its a bird its a plane..nooo!!..it's supertapir!!!..muahaha  ;D
Last edited by flying_tapir on Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
flying_tapir

Topic author

Post Number:#11  Postby mleong » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:41 am

No worries. My Micra also does the same.
mleong

Topic author

Post Number:#12  Postby HoleMaster » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:20 am

I also feel the same when facing up. But then again its minor problem. The most important thing it works well in deep dives
HoleMaster

Topic author

Post Number:#13  Postby flying_tapir » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:53 am

yup..give a big hand to scubapro s600 classic..muahah..sifu gua holemaster pon pakai pe.kan kan kan? ;D
flying_tapir

Topic author

Post Number:#14  Postby chikanoz » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:36 pm

;) have reg depend deep...better u try service lorr,,,
chikanoz

Topic author

Post Number:#15  Postby turbius » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:05 am

Flying Tapir:
On a serious note lah. I ni bukannya pandai & berpengalaman sangat to make the commentary. Sebenarnye kalau yg jenis diaphragm, macam Snafu cakap, memang feel ketat sikit when you mendongak at a great depth.

However, you hardly mendongak while diving--in most cases. Unless you are really diving right underneath a manta ray or whale shark which you need to see your overhead constantly.

Other occassion when you need to constantly looking up is when you are ascending. But at that time, i guess your depth is already manageable for the reg to feel less ketat...

In any case, most importantly that you reg breathes dry in both normaly swimming position and odd-swimming position; and delivers air in standard swimming position.

Please don't be despair with your choice of s600. It's a good piece!

I had 2 of the first version of S600 when scubapro release it, used it for 6 months for a dive more than 300 dives. I found out that the caping of the s600 and its housing expendad for a few mm. Send it out to Scubapro Asia Pacific and they fix it up by exchanging the reg housing. Couple of months later I had the same problem, but this time I sent it out to Scubapro Europe for examining the causes.....they say it was causes by direct exposure to sunlight over period of time - but however, I had used my  G250 Graphite for more than than 4 years (same condition) and never has the same problem....

To concluded, the s600 version supposly designed for cold water temp, material has been changed form carbon graphite to techno-polymer which is more light and cost  reduction compare to the previous one. Note that the shaft inside the s600 is no longer chrome plated bronze, they changed it to polymer to reduce the potential of freeze. the classic version is just am improvement from the version s600. I have given up my s600, and instead exhanged it with my customer for the 95' production of G250 graphite.

What do you think about the latest s600 classic version? Any commnets?
turbius

Topic author

Post Number:#16  Postby Jim » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:25 pm

Dont hv the classic version...

Been using S600 with no complains......
Jim

Topic author

Post Number:#17  Postby HoleMaster » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:33 pm

Im using the s600 classic almost 50 dives and no complaints. However i always service my reg yearly
HoleMaster

Topic author

Return to Regulators