MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - please help with Wetsuit fitting...

please help with Wetsuit fitting...

Mask, Snorkel, Wetsuit, Fins & Booties

please help with Wetsuit fitting...

Post Number:#1  Postby superkingkong » Fri May 18, 2007 9:56 am

hi guys..

just wanna ask... i put on an wetsuit...  but my chest area is a bit loose.. got a lil space.. that means.. easy for cold water to sip in from the neck area .. coz the neck area is not sealed .. it's the 2 piece design.. farmer john... is it normal? .. eg.. if u wanna peek through my chest  ;D u can... i mean not totally exposed lah... that means.. chest neck area is a "lil" loose... but hand, leg and other area is ok.. not tight.. but snug+loost a bit...

or should i get a smaller size? i would say..with the current one it's snug+a lil bit loose.

i guess if smaller size... it's will be tight

what do u think? should i live with it?
Last edited by superkingkong on Fri May 18, 2007 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
superkingkong

Topic author

Re: please help with Wetsuit fitting...

Post Number:#2  Postby deepblu » Fri May 18, 2007 12:42 pm

hi guys..

just wanna ask... i put on an wetsuit...  but my chest area is a bit loose.. got a lil space.. that means.. easy for cold water to sip in from the neck area .. coz the neck area is not sealed .. it's the 2 piece design.. farmer john... is it normal? .. eg.. if u wanna peek through my chest  ;D u can... i mean not totally exposed lah... that means.. chest neck area is a "lil" loose... but hand, leg and other area is ok.. not tight.. but snug+loost a bit...

or should i get a smaller size? i would say..with the current one it's snug+a lil bit loose.

i guess if smaller size... it's will be tight

what do u think? should i live with it?

Prescibe to steroids and spend a little time in the gym...

;D ;D ;D ;D

Or u can always get a slightly smaller size (as long as it doesnt make u turn blue la).

No point if ur wetsuit is loose - it wont keep u warm UW.
Last edited by deepblu on Fri May 18, 2007 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deepblu

Topic author

Post Number:#3  Postby BubbleBunny » Fri May 18, 2007 1:01 pm

SeaKingKong, having a wetsuit that fits well around the chest area is super important in my opinion, cos that's where you tend to lose a lot of body heat. Wearing one that's way too loose in that area is as good as not wearing one at all.

One solution to it is to get a fitted noprene vest to wear on the inside of the top part of your wetsuit, which will give you extra warmth.

Dats my 2sen...
BubbleBunny

Topic author

Post Number:#4  Postby superkingkong » Fri May 18, 2007 1:42 pm

kekekee... stuff newspaper or cotton inside to make it full  ;D

i got this model... the 1st layer inside... ok lah..snug on the chest... but when i put on the second layer... that's where the "space" appear  ::)

and futhermore.. the neck collar is not sealed type.. i can put 1 finger in my collar  ;D
Last edited by superkingkong on Fri May 18, 2007 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
superkingkong

Topic author

Post Number:#5  Postby mocha » Fri May 18, 2007 4:00 pm

bro,

problem at the chest area?? u sure u didnt get those for the fair sex punya ka?? haha....
mocha

Topic author

Post Number:#6  Postby superkingkong » Fri May 18, 2007 4:06 pm

bro,

problem at the chest area?? u sure u didnt get those for the fair sex punya ka?? haha....

kekekeke  ;D

no lah.. i just try it on again... since i'm wide and not tall :P .. so an XL will fit on the waist, leg and hand... but not the height :( so, just now i try to "pinch" my shoulder by about 2" .. ah.. then the chest punya space hilang :P

so... probably will try to exchange for a L ... and see whether i can tahan on the waist and thigh area or not  ::)
superkingkong

Topic author

Post Number:#7  Postby deepblu » Fri May 18, 2007 4:54 pm

bro,

hmmmm. mebbe he can go thailand to get that 'problem area' looked into?

hope SKK wontt end up dancing on the podium la.

;D ;D ;D
deepblu

Topic author

Post Number:#8  Postby superkingkong » Fri May 18, 2007 5:05 pm

bro,

hmmmm. mebbe he can go thailand to get that 'problem area' looked into?

hope SKK wontt end up dancing on the podium la.

;D ;D ;D

that time.. i'll really have to change my nick to TKK .... not TalibanKingKong... but TigerKingKong  ;D
superkingkong

Topic author

Return to Basic Gear