MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - ~first step~

~first step~

Mask, Snorkel, Wetsuit, Fins & Booties

Re: ~first step~

Post Number:#61  Postby John F SeaDemon » Fri May 04, 2007 11:25 am

kekeke.. if everything goes as per schedule... be back by june loh  :D miss tt, nasi lemak, roti telur double etc...kekekee my fav  ;D but all also bad for health  :(

Bro, if you miss some of those food, go to Penang, a restaurant in chinatown Boston.

Also if you can drive to NYC, go to Curry in a Hurry at Lexington Ave. Nice mamak food. But don't expect the service to be 5-star lah... heh heh.

Ahahaha..but if you are in Cape Town, don't go to the restaurant called Malaysian Curry House next to the Cape Sun hotel. There's nothing Malaysian about it, the restaurateur is an African African (trying to be politically-correct here instead of using the term 'black'), and the only curry they had was beef curry sandwich. ;D

However, the Tanah Merah restaurant in Geneva serves excellent mee goreng and other Malaysian stuff. ;)
-If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying-
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#62  Postby SuperKingKong® » Fri May 04, 2007 12:17 pm

kekeke.. if everything goes as per schedule... be back by june loh  :D miss tt, nasi lemak, roti telur double etc...kekekee my fav  ;D but all also bad for health  :(

Bro, if you miss some of those food, go to Penang, a restaurant in chinatown Boston.

Also if you can drive to NYC, go to Curry in a Hurry at Lexington Ave. Nice mamak food. But don't expect the service to be 5-star lah... heh heh.

ya ya... i knew that stall... kekeke.. aiya.. it's not really the food that i miss.. but the food + "suasana" + also some chit chat with fellow divers... kekekee .. it's like the whole "package"  ;D

oh.. i forgot another one... maggi goreng... kekekee  ;D

often i also look for those chicken curry at indian stalls  :D

driving? .. if only i have off days :( recently, one of my collegue left, so, i've to cover for him, while waiting kl to send someone here. but luckily b4 he left, i managed to make a trip down to florida... diving... kekekee

i enjoyed "left hand driving" first time in my life ... kekekeee beli minyak, 10 buck only.. fulamak... half tank bro :)

u been here, i mean boston?
cheers...
"Dive Like Hell & You'll Be There" (it's so true... i personally have experienced it)
SuperKingKong®
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Post Number:#63  Postby SuperKingKong® » Fri May 04, 2007 12:22 pm

Ahahaha..but if you are in Cape Town, don't go to the restaurant called Malaysian Curry House next to the Cape Sun hotel. There's nothing Malaysian about it, the restaurateur is an African African (trying to be politically-correct here instead of using the term 'black'), and the only curry they had was beef curry sandwich. ;D

However, the Tanah Merah restaurant in Geneva serves excellent mee goreng and other Malaysian stuff. ;)

probably there are many malaysian there and that they are trying to capture those malaysian tourists? ;D
cheers...
"Dive Like Hell & You'll Be There" (it's so true... i personally have experienced it)
SuperKingKong®
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Post Number:#64  Postby MynN » Sat May 05, 2007 10:45 am

dun wry SKK.. when u come back u can have ALL the food that u want.. plus the 'suasana'... hehehe.. another month to go!!! start counting the days..  :D
MynN
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#65  Postby SuperKingKong® » Sat May 05, 2007 11:49 pm

dun wry SKK.. when u come back u can have ALL the food that u want.. plus the 'suasana'... hehehe.. another month to go!!! start counting the days..  :D

kekekeee ... but last week, my boss called me... asking me whether can i stay back for another month, coz cannot find someone to replce me  :'(

not sure yet lah... but hope for the best ... kekekeee  ;D
cheers...
SuperKingKong®
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Post Number:#66  Postby Snafu » Sun May 06, 2007 2:08 am

What is the conclusion with the '~first step~' ..... finaly gotten the answer?

Lets get back to the discussion.

;D
Some people are only ALIVE because it's against the law to KILL them...really!!!
Snafu
Administrator
Administrator

Post Number:#67  Postby SuperKingKong® » Sun May 06, 2007 2:57 am

kekeke... oops sorry... :)

get the basic personal gears first.. then slowly.. the extra gears/gadgets if u think it's necessary :)
cheers...
SuperKingKong®
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Post Number:#68  Postby MynN » Sun May 06, 2007 10:59 am

sorry snafu...  :)
went waaaaaaay out of topic..

btw wut mask brand would u recommend? there r so many brands and types..
where can i start?
MynN
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#69  Postby SuperKingKong® » Sun May 06, 2007 12:22 pm

any brand also can... the most important thing is that the mask must fit your face.... then the next factor is, u must like the style lah... kekekee...

best is get a low volume mask, and framelesss

apa itu? ... kekee.. better to get those with 1 big cermin, rather than got front glass, left/right glass, top glass and bottom glass ... hehehee :P ...

eg, if the "ruang" between your face and the mask is a lot (meaning the ruang inside the mask after wearing it), in your OW, u r taught how to clear your mask UW by blowing it... if ruang a lot... u have to blow few times only then the water all can go out  ;D

and secondly, big mask (high volume mask) tends to create drag (rintangan) ... that makes u kick harder :P

ok.. if ppl tell me all these, i will still get angry with them .... kekeke.. just tell me some brands so i can have an idea when i do shopping

some eg, Mares, Sheerwood, seacsub, aqua lung, atomic... these are few brands to give u an idea of it :) ... next step is for u to go window shopping first... try and like the style :) .. and finally buy :)
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun May 06, 2007 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cheers...
SuperKingKong®
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Previous

Return to Basic Gear