MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - How long have you been using your current mask?

How long have you been using your current mask?

Mask, Snorkel, Wetsuit, Fins & Booties

Re: How long have you been using your current mask

Post Number:#31  Postby HoleMaster » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:16 am

ingat nak pakai transparent plastic beg je la..ganti mask..jimat sikit..ermm..besh gak tuh.. ;D

aku pun nak try macam ko, tapi camne nak buat mask clearing? :o
HoleMaster

Topic author

Post Number:#32  Postby flying_tapir » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:46 am

haaaa..yg tuh senang je..mask clearing kita tarik je plastic tuh..thn kalau nak clear kita purge je reg kat dlm plastic thn pakai balik..selamat mencuba wahai brother ku ;D
flying_tapir

Topic author

Post Number:#33  Postby BubbleBunny » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:55 pm

Been using my Tusa mask for about 4 years now. Clear silicone goes a milky white after a while and there are some black mould growing on it despite dismantling and cleaning it every once in a while. I noticed that the longer you leave the mould stains without washing, the more permanent they get and are a b*tch to get out. So if you notice mould stains between the lenses and the frames/silicone, clean them quick. I believe its because of residual spit that goes onto your mask that may contain bacteria that contribute to mould buildup. But I'm just guessing...

No one ever told me that cockroaches have a taste for clear silicone!  >:(
Found that out the hard way. After a week leaving my mask out in the open, I came back to find my mask chewed on on the thinner sides of the silicone! Minor damage since it still doesn't leak, but please seal your mask in the container it came in if you don't plan on using it for a while.

Bunny
BubbleBunny

Topic author

Post Number:#34  Postby anas » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:17 pm

eh.. i have the same problem like you. clear silicon with added mould. it's a real biatch to get it out that i gave up.
anas

Topic author

Post Number:#35  Postby Jim » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:26 pm

aiyah sheik......sure never cuci the mask one.......
Jim

Topic author

Post Number:#36  Postby SeaDemon » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:03 pm

The silicone of my clear Tusa Platina koyak a bit. So bought Sherwood Scuba  Magnum EX from katakpink
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#37  Postby anas » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:53 pm

aiyah sheik......sure never cuci the mask one.......

I do "wash..." i mean by soaking in fresh water for a day.. then mould starts to fill up..
              silly me!
anas

Topic author

Previous

Return to Basic Gear