MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Aqua Lung HotShot

Aqua Lung HotShot

Mask, Snorkel, Wetsuit, Fins & Booties

Aqua Lung HotShot

Post Number:#1  Postby Narco » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:54 pm

Divers, anybody ever try new fins? I heard it  is the latest fins by Aqua Lung but i can't seem to find em in any dive shop web (at least here in Malaysia). I know it was introduced sometime in mid this year and meant for travel (i think this is to be packaged with Zuma and Bali wetsuit). How was the performance and how much does it cost?

Anybody care to share?
I'm Not Perfect, but I'm Limited Edition
Narco
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author
Topics: 11

Re: Aqua Lung HotShot

Post Number:#2  Postby ScubaholicsAnonymous » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:45 pm

Narco wrote:Divers, anybody ever try new fins? I heard it  is the latest fins by Aqua Lung but i can't seem to find em in any dive shop web (at least here in Malaysia). I know it was introduced sometime in mid this year and meant for travel (i think this is to be packaged with Zuma and Bali wetsuit). How was the performance and how much does it cost?

Anybody care to share?

Narco, Aqua Lung HotShots will be arriving 1st quarter or 2011 in Malaysia. Hopefully just before season opens :)
www.scubaholicsanonymous.com
exclusive dealer for: Oxycheq / Liquivision / Aqua Lung / Apeks / Suunto / Miflex Hoses / Inon / Ikelite / I-Das / OmniSwivel / Bladefish / IQ / Light & Motion
ScubaholicsAnonymous
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topics: 2

Post Number:#3  Postby Narco » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:30 pm

Thanks SA.. i'm eyeing for that.. hehe update us will ya!
Narco
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author

Post Number:#4  Postby Kzrul » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:35 am

Pergghhh.... caya lah Narco..... going for the one brand...... and it's all the travel and lite equipment..... congrats and all the very best..... next will be our dive trip.... cheers...
Kzrul
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topics: 1

Post Number:#5  Postby ericliow » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:16 am

wow.....nice item!!!!!!
Keep The SHARKS In The Ocean And Out Of The Soups
ericliow
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#6  Postby Narco » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:32 am

Kzrul bro: hehe.. by accident bum into this one. As u know, i have this tendency to go for something compact..  I think HotShot is great for that. Was thinking of Slingshot or Quattro earlier as my primary fins. But might give HotShot a look first.

ericliowbro: Yes sir... it is a nice item.. can adjust 'speed' bro.. hehe
Narco
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author

Post Number:#7  Postby ericliow » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:36 am

Narco wrote:ericliowbro: Yes sir... it is a nice item.. can adjust 'speed' bro.. hehe

Narco, what "speed" do you mean.... [-( [-(

as i had some problem with my current split fin, i might consider this fin as the color attract me the most....
ericliow
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#8  Postby Narco » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:31 pm

Ericliow bro, as fas as i know Hot Shot allow its diver to do gear shift [best speed for effort ratio] during the use (thanks to SA who briefed me on the advantage of a slingshot which is likely similat to hotshot). A diver can set it up stiff and less stuff or something like that. The difference is it got only 2 gears in comparison to 3 gears for slingshot.

Unfortunately the only colour available now is green.  Match my Zuma..
Narco
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author

Post Number:#9  Postby ericliow » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:08 pm

wooo......i didnt know at all we can adjust the gear for the fin.........i learn some thing new(again) today...........thanks Narco!

do you happend to know the price for both slingshot and hotshot?
ericliow
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#10  Postby Narco » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:13 pm

I have no odea on HotShot but as per Slingshot it is around RM5++ or lower. U can check it out at Planet Scuba or simply PM ScubaholicAnonymous. 
Narco
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author

Post Number:#11  Postby kopang » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:44 pm

bro Narco getting ready with his items before going full force diving when season open next year hehehe :D :glasses9:
kopang
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#12  Postby Narco » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:18 pm

Hehe.. Preparing to the max.. Hehe
Narco
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author

Post Number:#13  Postby ericliow » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:03 am

hehehe.......i am preparing for this weekend Pulau Payar.......cant wait to get into the water........
:icon_rr: :icon_rr: :icon_rr:
ericliow
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#14  Postby Narco » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:56 am

I'm resuming this topic and giving some review on HotShot which i've tested yesterday during a pool dive in Penang. It ws by accident that my instructor's words on 'this new zuma fins' hit me in the pool. What new fins?? And she was actually talking about 'HotShot' which they got in Thailand. This is 'Regular' size of HotShot fins:

Impression: This is a little short.. Can it pedal me down underwater? Seems like a soft rubber and a little short. But my instructor seems to like it to the max and there must be a reason to it.

First Pedal: Took of my fins and slipped in this brand new solid looking fins. Wonderful. Flexibality of it is just tremendous. a diver can easily manuever underwater and pedal down easily. No strain on the leg and no pain whatsoever. The pocket is soft and excellently made for comfort. I pedalled it down without booties and smooth sailing with it.

Speed: I feel a little lack of speed in comparison to my current Atomic FF Splitfin. Just a slight diff.. which is not bad actually. It could be due to the length of it in comparison to the other longer fins avalable. This could also be because of me being naive and fail to play around with the power band a.k.a. silicone sling. However, the speed provided by HotShot is still acceptable and good enough for me.

In other words, this is a must have gear for me and I do hope it will come into the market just when the season open!
Narco
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author

Post Number:#15  Postby ScubaholicsAnonymous » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:00 pm

Narco wrote:I'm resuming this topic and giving some review on HotShot which i've tested yesterday during a pool dive in Penang. It ws by accident that my instructor's words on 'this new zuma fins' hit me in the pool. What new fins?? And she was actually talking about 'HotShot' which they got in Thailand. This is 'Regular' size of HotShot fins:

Impression: This is a little short.. Can it pedal me down underwater? Seems like a soft rubber and a little short. But my instructor seems to like it to the max and there must be a reason to it.

First Pedal: Took of my fins and slipped in this brand new solid looking fins. Wonderful. Flexibality of it is just tremendous. a diver can easily manuever underwater and pedal down easily. No strain on the leg and no pain whatsoever. The pocket is soft and excellently made for comfort. I pedalled it down without booties and smooth sailing with it.

Speed: I feel a little lack of speed in comparison to my current Atomic FF Splitfin. Just a slight diff.. which is not bad actually. It could be due to the length of it in comparison to the other longer fins avalable. This could also be because of me being naive and fail to play around with the power band a.k.a. silicone sling. However, the speed provided by HotShot is still acceptable and good enough for me.

In other words, this is a must have gear for me and I do hope it will come into the market just when the season open!

Narco, if you are looking for power...the Aqua Lung Slingshot is the fin to get! This is second to none! This fins can "tapau" any split fins in the market!

Now SlingShot on offer @ RM 499 till the end of the month. Seriously, give it a try and you shall not be disappointed :)
www.scubaholicsanonymous.com
exclusive dealer for: Oxycheq / Liquivision / Aqua Lung / Apeks / Suunto / Miflex Hoses / Inon / Ikelite / I-Das / OmniSwivel / Bladefish / IQ / Light & Motion
ScubaholicsAnonymous
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topics: 2

Return to Basic Gear