MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Gear rental

Gear rental

Mask, Snorkel, Wetsuit, Fins & Booties

Gear rental

Post Number:#1  Postby seryoong » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:49 pm

Hi there,

Is there any place in town where I can rent diving equipments if i'm not going to their associated diving resorts? I just need a wetsuit as the other equipments like BC and reg can be rented at the DC right?

Any advise?
seryoong
Diver
Diver

Topic author
Topics: 1

Re: Gear rental

Post Number:#2  Postby dp » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:22 pm

Usually, the Dive Shops/operators do not make it a practice to rent out equipment if you do not dive with them, as the equipment can cost quite a fair bit to be rented to individuals they do not know.

Is there a reason why you do not want to rent equipment from the dive center you dive with?

As for the wetsuit, it is best that you a personal one. There is bound to be one that will be just right for the pocket - (Usually price ranges from RM200-RM1500)

:)
Last edited by dp on Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One woman brings you into this world crying.
The other ensures you continue to do so for the rest of your life...
dp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#3  Postby seryoong » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:27 pm

dp wrote:Usually, the Dive Shops/operators do not make it a practice to rent out equipment if you do not dive with them, as the equipment can cost quite a fair bit to be rented to individuals they do not know.

Is there a reason why you do not want to rent equipment from the dive center you dive with?

I got mixed up. I thought I need to rent a wet suit here to the island when the dive centers there would have wet suits for rental. But i'm particularly looking for a full suit for rent. I heard all the dive centers will only have shorties for rent. Hence, the idea of renting the wet suit here. I wouldn't want to get a new wet suit though at this moment as I'm still new.

I have no problems renting the rest of the gears, i.e. BCD and reg with the dive center.
seryoong
Diver
Diver

Topic author
Topics: 1

Post Number:#4  Postby Mike Wong » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:39 pm

I think they provide shorties because beside lower price, it fit customer easier as there are human that are tall, short, fat legs, skinny.
Regards,
Mike Wong
(9W2MMM)
Mike Wong
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#5  Postby Scuba Dynamics » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:47 pm

seryoong wrote:Hi there,

Is there any place in town where I can rent diving equipments if i'm not going to their associated diving resorts? I just need a wetsuit as the other equipments like BC and reg can be rented at the DC right?

Any advise?

Come pay us a visit and let's see what we can do for you  :)
**Dive Anytime, Anywhere**
Scuba Dynamics
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Location: 32-2, Jalan 27/70A, Desa Sri Hartamas, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Return to Basic Gear