MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Deep See wetsuit

Deep See wetsuit

Mask, Snorkel, Wetsuit, Fins & Booties

Deep See wetsuit

Post Number:#1  Postby seryoong » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:49 am

Hi there,  :hello:

Would like to know if anyone owns any Deep See wetsuit cause interested in a Deep See 3mm full wetsuit. If anyone has, can I know whether it's comfortable and durable? Comes with any warranty? Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks. 
seryoong
Diver
Diver

Topic author
Topics: 1

Re: Deep See wetsuit

Post Number:#2  Postby oranglaut » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:59 pm

hi seryoong,

I've bought a 3mm Pinnacle Breaker wet suit in June and tested recently in Tioman waters. Here's what I have experienced:-

1) As it was a brandnew suit, it took 3kgs to compensate my usual weight. I didn't know that brand new suit always does so I ended up using 7kgs...huh..

2) This suit is design to fit u snugly and the 3mm thickness maintains your body temp. In other words, you'll feel comfortable & warm

3) Im using 'S' and hence it gives u a good manoeuvre and less drag.

4) Unless I am still green using this, I found that its quite difficult to unzip from behind & quite often I get someone's help.

5) Got a fair remarks from seifu DM's & DI's that Pinnacle suit is actually durable. If u handle it with care, 5 yrs is like a walk in the park!

Above all, Im satisfied except I should have bought XS instead of S. So I can use it longer. :D
...never resist the unfamiliar...
oranglaut
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#3  Postby seryoong » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:32 pm

oranglaut wrote:hi seryoong,

I've bought a 3mm Pinnacle Breaker wet suit in June and tested recently in Tioman waters. Here's what I have experienced:-

1) As it was a brandnew suit, it took 3kgs to compensate my usual weight. I didn't know that brand new suit always does so I ended up using 7kgs...huh..

2) This suit is design to fit u snugly and the 3mm thickness maintains your body temp. In other words, you'll feel comfortable & warm

3) Im using 'S' and hence it gives u a good manoeuvre and less drag.

4) Unless I am still green using this, I found that its quite difficult to unzip from behind & quite often I get someone's help.

5) Got a fair remarks from seifu DM's & DI's that Pinnacle suit is actually durable. If u handle it with care, 5 yrs is like a walk in the park!

Above all, Im satisfied except I should have bought XS instead of S. So I can use it longer. :D

Hey Orang Laut....

Thanks for the feedback. But I dont think I can afford Pinnacle. Thinking of Akona or Deep See at the moment. Any comments on these 2 brand's wetsuits? 5 years is very good for durability though. Wonder whether the 2 brands above could offer the same quality.
seryoong
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#4  Postby poisson » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:48 pm

seryoong wrote:Hi there,  :hello:

Would like to know if anyone owns any Deep See wetsuit cause interested in a Deep See 3mm full wetsuit. If anyone has, can I know whether it's comfortable and durable? Comes with any warranty? Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks. 

Hey seryoong,

Try Scuba Dynamics...I think he posted some offers on Deep See wetsuits on his website  :laughing11: :laughing11:
I liked things better when I didn't understand them..
poisson
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#5  Postby seryoong » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:51 pm

poisson wrote:
seryoong wrote:Hi there,  :hello:

Thanks. 

Hey seryoong,

Try Scuba Dynamics...I think he posted some offers on Deep See wetsuits on his website  :laughing11: :laughing11:

Hi Poisson,

Precisely why I wanted to know about the feedback of this 2 wetsuits.  :D
seryoong
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#6  Postby Scuba Dynamics » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:12 pm

Hi seryoong,

There is nothing wrong with the Deep Sea, Akona, BARE or Pinnacle wetsuits.

Some vary in quality as some are more "mass produced" than others but you need to understand that ALL wetsuits tend to be more buoyant when new.

This is due to the presence of air cells in the the neoprene material used in making wetsuits.

After a few dives, especially deeper dives, these air cells collapse, thus reducing the buoyancy factor slightly and even more so when your suit is heavily used, is a few years old and looks like roti canai  :)

Some people are under the impression that a wet suit 'stretches' after a while, which, I believe, is generally a misconception.

Using slightly more weights than your usual with a new suit should overcome your problem and after a few dives, go back to the usual and comfortable amount of weight that you are used to.

I don't know your build but 7 Kgs of weight seems like an awful lot for an Asian diver in a 3mm suit in tropical waters.

I hope this helps but please feel free to pop by so I can explain this better.
**Dive Anytime, Anywhere**
Scuba Dynamics
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Location: 32-2, Jalan 27/70A, Desa Sri Hartamas, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Post Number:#7  Postby seryoong » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:39 pm

Scuba Dynamics wrote:Hi seryoong,

There is nothing wrong with the Deep Sea, Akona, BARE or Pinnacle wetsuits.

Some vary in quality as some are more "mass produced" than others but you need to understand that ALL wetsuits tend to be more buoyant when new.

This is due to the presence of air cells in the the neoprene material used in making wetsuits.

After a few dives, especially deeper dives, these air cells collapse, thus reducing the buoyancy factor slightly and even more so when your suit is heavily used, is a few years old and looks like roti canai  :)

Some people are under the impression that a wet suit 'stretches' after a while, which, I believe, is generally a misconception.

Using slightly more weights than your usual with a new suit should overcome your problem and after a few dives, go back to the usual and comfortable amount of weight that you are used to.

I don't know your build but 7 Kgs of weight seems like an awful lot for an Asian diver in a 3mm suit in tropical waters.

I hope this helps but please feel free to pop by so I can explain this better.

Hi SD,

Thanks. I think I should be dropping by this weekend, perhaps Sunday evening if possible. I'll be bringing a friend along also who could be interested to get one. But I think for the moment, we are still scouting for a right one.
seryoong
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#8  Postby Scuba Dynamics » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:50 pm

Please scout around as ultimately it is you that will be using the suit so only you will know it feels to be in it.

BUT should you decide to pop by (for an obligation free visit) on Sunday, please remember that we close at 7pm on Sundays and give me the honour and pleasure of meeting you personally.
**Dive Anytime, Anywhere**
Scuba Dynamics
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Location: 32-2, Jalan 27/70A, Desa Sri Hartamas, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Post Number:#9  Postby seryoong » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:52 pm

Scuba Dynamics wrote:Please scout around as ultimately it is you that will be using the suit so only you will know it feels to be in it.

BUT should you decide to pop by (for an obligation free visit) on Sunday, please remember that we close at 7pm on Sundays and give me the honour and pleasure of meeting you personally.

Hahahah, sure sure. I know a few of SD's staff. Perhaps I already know you.  :P

Anyways, I'll try to look around further. Hope to hear from you more soon.
seryoong
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Return to Basic Gear