MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - The equiptment?

The equiptment?

Mask, Snorkel, Wetsuit, Fins & Booties

The equiptment?

Post Number:#1  Postby syaz » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:44 pm

Hi evryone,

Iv been reading some posts here..still, cant help asking besides a wetsuit, tank, goggle and fin (that's all i can think of rite now) what else do you need for diving? And why do we need them? Like BCD, whats that exactly?

Tenkiu~ :)
syaz
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Re: The equiptment?

Post Number:#2  Postby poisson » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:05 pm

Hey zays,

www.thescubaguide.com has some cool information you can refer too.. :hello:
I liked things better when I didn't understand them..
poisson
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#3  Postby Snafu » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:43 am

Hi Zays,

For a start..dont get anything till U done ur OW course & decided u like diving.

Do join MUW pool session to try out diving equipment & talk to divers about their equipment.

Once u r comfortable with diving, then u can start looking around for diving equipment.

I personaly would go for 2nd hand equipment, there are some good deals going around from time to time as divers like to upgrade.

If U feel like getting something for a start u can look into:

1. Half Face Mask
2. Snorkel
3. Full length wetsuit
4. Booties
5. Fins

There are NO stupid question, ONLY stupid answer...Please ask.

:D
Some people are only ALIVE because it's against the law to KILL them...really!!!
Snafu
Administrator
Administrator

Post Number:#4  Postby Bajaulaut » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:44 pm

Hei Zays,
Really agree with Syed. Lets get acquainted with the activity first then only decide whats best to fit you while you are down there. Everyone has got their personal preferences in terms of comfort while diving, so do not rush in finding up what suits you for your diving needs.
Bajaulaut
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#5  Postby BuntalBoyot » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:31 pm

Syed K. A. wrote:Hi Zays,

For a start..dont get anything till U done ur OW course & decided u like diving.

Do join MUW pool session to try out diving equipment & talk to divers about their equipment.

Once u r comfortable with diving, then u can start looking around for diving equipment.

I personaly would go for 2nd hand equipment, there are some good deals going around from time to time as divers like to upgrade.

If U feel like getting something for a start u can look into:

1. Half Face Mask
2. Snorkel
3. Full length wetsuit
4. Booties
5. Fins

There are NO stupid question, ONLY stupid answer...Please ask.

where can i get this 2nd hand stuff ar?...looking for mask, fin and wetsuit rite now..
BuntalBoyot
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#6  Postby Snafu » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:48 am

BuntalBoyot wrote:where can i get this 2nd hand stuff ar?...looking for mask, fin and wetsuit rite now..

Put it up in Classified - Want To Buy (WTB)

Let the seller knows what u need & size..etc.

Some people are only ALIVE because it's against the law to KILL them...really!!!
Snafu
Administrator
Administrator

Post Number:#7  Postby syaz » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:59 am

rite2

thanks poisson for the website. :)

So.. which one of these items is mandatory? all of them huh? hehe yea havent planned to buy my own equipmnt pun. havnt got the licnse anyway. soon!  :)
syaz
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#8  Postby blackbear » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:17 pm

hey bro!!

Like the man says.. dun buy till u sure of diving.. however should u take it up and if you
are wearing glasses get a precription mask asap bro..

Equipment wise good 2nd hand stuff is availble here at the forum.. Look close and u will find
what u are looking for..

Have a blast mate..

Cheers
there's heaven.. and there is diving..
blackbear
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#9  Postby bijan » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:07 pm

zays wrote:rite2

So.. which one of these items is mandatory? all of them huh? hehe yea havent planned to buy my own equipmnt pun. havnt got the licnse anyway. soon!  :)

erm, yes it is mandatory i guess..but you dun need to get anything prior to ur license as mentioned by Syed K.A. .No need to waste your money.. Equipment rental are available at selected dive operators, and usually for OW certification, rental of equipments are included as part of the package..Pls double check with operator to confirm..

If u do have some money left to burn before the cert, u can opt to get mask & snorkel and a wetsuit or a MUW T-shirt(hahaha..free promotion)..

like blackbear said, if you are wearing glasses or contact lenses, do get yourself a prescription mask..i got mine AFTER my OW and its easier to appreciate God's creation when you can actually see them..hehe
"Strength is not the attitude of knowing everything, but rather an acceptance of everything"
bijan
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#10  Postby juma_rossa » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:33 pm

bijan wrote:
zays wrote:rite2

erm, yes it is mandatory i guess..but you dun need to get anything prior to ur license as mentioned by Syed K.A. .No need to waste your money.. Equipment rental are available at selected dive operators, and usually for OW certification, rental of equipments are included as part of the package..Pls double check with operator to confirm..

If u do have some money left to burn before the cert, u can opt to get mask & snorkel and a wetsuit or a MUW T-shirt(hahaha..free promotion)..

like blackbear said, if you are wearing glasses or contact lenses, do get yourself a prescription mask..i got mine AFTER my OW and its easier to appreciate God's creation when you can actually see them..hehe
Someone tell this to my hubby, pleaseeee...huhu
juma_rossa
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Return to Basic Gear