MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - henderson wetsuits

henderson wetsuits

Mask, Snorkel, Wetsuit, Fins & Booties

henderson wetsuits

Post Number:#1  Postby bikinibottom » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:20 pm

hi all, just wondering if u ever came across henderson wetsuits ( www.hendersonusa.com ) ? where can i get it in kl? dont tell me i need to go to states to get them!! eshh or order online?, hows d outcome? tak hassle ke?

-link edited-
Last edited by bijan on Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bikinibottom
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Re: henderson wetsuits

Post Number:#2  Postby MT_Tanc » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:12 pm

thanks for editing ,mr.bijan.now can browse the link  :icon_rr:
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
A good woman will do 70 chores around the house. Cooking and 69
MT_Tanc
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#3  Postby Bobo® » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:37 pm

bikinibottom wrote:hi all, just wondering if u ever came across henderson wetsuits ( www.hendersonusa.com ) ? where can i get it in kl? dont tell me i need to go to states to get them!! eshh or order online?, hows d outcome? tak hassle ke?

-link edited-

no need, just ask SKK to buy it for you and couriered to MY... the insta dry (right model aaa) look good...
Dive Tenggara Adventure [1696725-D] twitter - @divetenggara
Need Seac-Sub, Pelican, Fantasea Line, DAN Insurance, call me www.divetenggara.com :: 019-2121109 :: info@divetenggara.com
Bobo®
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#4  Postby bikinibottom » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:40 pm

thanks bobo, ill find out abt this skk guy.... btw yes dat insta dry is a killer!!! most of d wetsuits are infact killers!!!
bikinibottom
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#5  Postby Mephisto the Heretic » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:58 pm

yup SKK would be your best bet, but if you need it urgently, buying online has never been so easy, reliable and safe.

as fas as i know, no one is currently pushing hendersons in malaysia.

but a word of caution... getting a correct and perfect sizing may be an issue, so do your research.

Happy Henderson to you.
BE FAITHFUL! BE STRONG! BE VIGILANT!
'...a mind without purpose will walk in dark places.' -The Spheres of Longing, II. ix. 31.
Mephisto the Heretic
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#6  Postby MT_Tanc » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:25 am

bikinibottom wrote:hi all, just wondering if u ever came across henderson wetsuits ( www.hendersonusa.com ) ? where can i get it in kl? dont tell me i need to go to states to get them!! eshh or order online?, hows d outcome? tak hassle ke?

-link edited-

bikinibottom, i'm a very nobee diver. if u dont mind, can u share what is the different/advantage between henderson's wetsuit and others?tengkiu.(sory for broken grandmar) :angel8:
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
MT_Tanc
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#7  Postby AcId » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:38 am

Bro MT_tank...

A wetsuit is necessary for any kind of water sport, because it shields you from cold, and protects you from sea life. It is important that you choose a wetsuit that is durable, comfortable, warm, and of course, as fashionable as they can possibly be and the most important thing is that it fits your kocek lah (budget)

Wetsuits are not as complicated and high-tech as the wetsuit manufacturing companies would like us to believe. They are just rubber panels that have been sewn together to form a garment designed to trap a layer of water against the skin to insulate the wearer from the cold. It is simple if you look at it that way, but once you start looking at all the different features you can choose from, buying a wetsuit can become confusing.

The most important feature is how the suit fits. You want to make sure that the suit is not too loose or too tight. If the suit is too tight, you will have restrictyion to both movement and breathing. If the suit is too loose, it will jus defeat the purpose of protecting you against the cold and instead you'll be carry additional water in it .

When shopping for a wetsuit. First, you are going to want to try on different sizes, different suits, and different wetsuit manufacturers. 'Smoothie' neoprene tends to stretch better, look better, and is warmer. It is also a little more vulnerable to damage than the neoprene with fabric on the outside. Some suits now use a polypropylene lining on the inside, which helps to repel the water and keep you a little warmer.

After you have come to these decisions, it is a good idea to observe the different kinds of seams on wetsuits. Seams connect the panels of neoprene, and more panels in a suit design allows for better flexibility. It also means more places for water to get in.

There are a few types of seams used.

Overlock. This seam is found on the least expensive suits. Overlock lasts forever, is not watertight, and can cause skin irritation or rash as it protrudes a lot.

Flatlock is another type of stitch to consider. A flat stitch does not push into your skin like overlock does. However, a flatlock stitch is not as durable as the overlock stitch, and does not cause as much rash problems. This is also not a watertight stitch.

Blindstitching is flat and does not penetrate through to the other side of the neoprene, so there are no stitch holes for cold water to follow. Blindstitching is nearly always combined with a gluing-together of the seams beforehand, and protective tape for additional seal and comfort on the inside seams. Suits with this type of seam can have more paneling, meaning more flexibility, without causing more water inflow through the seams. The warm layer of insulating water near the skin stays there, instead of circulating with the cold ocean. Naturally, this type of seam is found on only the most expensive wetsuits. If you consider these ideas, you are sure to choose a wetsuit conducive to your needs.

For more information, please check out this websites:

http://store.hurley.com/articles/Wetsui ... or-you.cfm

http://www.santabarbarasurfing.com/guide/wetsuit.html
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I have a dollar & U have a dollar & we swap, neither is better off. BUT if I have an idea and U have an idea & we swap we r both richer.
AcId
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#8  Postby bikinibottom » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:44 pm

MT,

i not really an expert in wetsuits but thanks to acit, he got it all said. however in my opinion theres not much of a difference/advantage in henderson, its just d style dat got me blinded. :glasses2: in terms of material, its all pretty much d same like any other wetsuits, its still neoprene. but maybe i can say that henderson has put more effort in producing wetsuits n therefore came out with different kind of wetsuits that can accomodate yr needs, ie ( hyperstrech, insta dry, goldcore ), all of them has different purposes, but having to dive in tropic water, i think instadry is the best.
basically its all about comfortablity and being able to try it on before buying or ill be wasting for nothing! ;)
so ill pretend like i dont know anything abt ordering online n dreaming of henderson..darnn!!
bikinibottom
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#9  Postby MT_Tanc » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:11 pm

ok people, thanks for sharing!! ;) any other members want to add? :)
MT_Tanc
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#10  Postby Quero » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:23 am

bikinibottom wrote:....in my opinion theres not much of a difference/advantage in henderson, its just d style dat got me blinded. :glasses2: in terms of material, its all pretty much d same like any other wetsuits, its still neoprene.....

I'm afraid I have to disagree, BB. There are BIG differences in wetsuits. For example, here at my wholesaler I can buy two versions of the same style shorty wetsuit by the same manufacturer using the same weight of neoprene. One costs about 80% more than the other. How can this be? It's not just a question of stitching panels of neoprene together, but also the quality of the neoprene, the quality of the zippers, the finishing around the neck and arm/leg edges (for durability). It's NOT all just brand-name hype and fashion.

I own a Henderson 7mm hyperstretch. It was expensive!!! I wanted the hyperstretch because it's easier to put it on than a 7mm made of standard neoprene. It has disadvantages, too... it allows more water circulation, so I sometimes need to wear a titanium skin under it to stay as warm as a 7mm would normally keep me. I wouldn't trade my Henderson 7mm for a cheaper, standard wetsuit because the technology involved in making it with the features it has is real, not imagined, and not just fashion (I don't even LIKE the styling!). As far as Henderson's Gold Core, they are said to be very good, while I've heard that the Insta-dry isn't all that, though I've no personal experience with either.

Anyway, it's a mistake to think that all neoprene is created equal! Paying a lot for a wetsuit doesn't guarantee you'll buy a perfect product, but you can be sure that if you pay cheap, you will get a lesser quality.
Last edited by Quero on Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quero
SAWADIKAP
SAWADIKAP

Post Number:#11  Postby Quero » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:29 am

double post  :$
Quero
SAWADIKAP
SAWADIKAP

Post Number:#12  Postby bikinibottom » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:35 pm

thanks quero ;)  ..at least i know few things abt henderson now besides the fashion, i wonder where did u get yr 7mm hyperstrech? def not in kl i bet..?...
bikinibottom
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#13  Postby Quero » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:26 pm

hahaha, not KL, no. I got it where there's cold water--northern California!
Quero
SAWADIKAP
SAWADIKAP

Post Number:#14  Postby Snafuette » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:09 pm

What about the new range - Henderson Insta Dry? What do you think of it? Worth purchasing it?
Dive Full-time, Work Part-time
Snafuette
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#15  Postby Quero » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:42 pm

I have never tried it, but it's designed more for cold water to make getting back into it after it's wet less unpleasant. Here in our climate, it's not such an issue. I don't think it would be worth the expense for me personally. Our thinner wetsuits dry out overnight in time for a flight back (to save on paying overweight charges for carrying sea water), and if travelling overland we're home in time to hang it to dry anyway (and weight's not such an issue). But that's just my take on it. As I said, I've never tried one, so this is just my own assessment of the cost/benefit for me personally.
Quero
SAWADIKAP
SAWADIKAP

Return to Basic Gear