MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Re: Mask FuYyoH

Re: Mask FuYyoH

Mask, Snorkel, Wetsuit, Fins & Booties

Post Number:#31  Postby babyFin » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:48 pm

malan wrote:no lah..i just realized when dive my last open water dive..i equalized with out pinching..feel more comfortable because no need to move my hand so much..hahahah..btw, najibest, is it u that i met at redang?the petronas guy?huhuhu..if yes..im the one with the spectacles..OWD ex student..hahaha :D

waaa...u sure got enough saliva to swallow when u descending ar?  :icon_rr:
:angel8: :angel8: :angel8:
[font=Lucida Calligraphy]First mistake to be learned, Second mistake is because of stupidity..
[/font]
babyFin
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#32  Postby Mephisto the Heretic » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:19 pm

malan wrote:owh..noted..sorry for using BM...anyway..is it normal if I equalize without pinching my nose?huhuhu...i just swallow my saliva.. :D..hope that i can find the best mask for me..last time when i did my OWDC i used nice mask with prescr..water didnt fill that mask..but still came in when tersengih=smile..hahaha

hello Malan. yes, it is normal to equalize without pinching your nose, we call it hand free equilization. below is a small write up on it.

Hands-Free  (Voluntary Opening of Eustachian Tubes)

Description: During the descent, “open” your Eustachian tubes by flexing the muscles surrounding them. The Eustachian tubes don’t actually open, but rather muscles prevent them from contracting with the increasing water pressure. This encourages the movement of air from the lungs to the Eustachian tubes, thus maintain equal air pressure.

Advantages:  Ideal for streamlining and energy conservation. Safer than other techniques when performed correctly.

Disadvantages: Requires training of muscles around Eustachian tubes. This technique is difficult or impossible for some divers to master due to the small size of their Eustachian tubes. Slower descent speed may be necessary for effective equalization. Not usually effective at depths that are well below a diver’s residual lung volume.

futher info on equlization technique please refer to http://malaysianunderwater.com/smff/index.php/topic,540.0.html

yes...when you sengeh..water comes in...the price you pay to be a happy person..heh..
BE FAITHFUL! BE STRONG! BE VIGILANT!
'...a mind without purpose will walk in dark places.' -The Spheres of Longing, II. ix. 31.
Mephisto the Heretic
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#33  Postby malan » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:09 pm

babyFiN wrote:
malan wrote:no lah..i just realized when dive my last open water dive..i equalized with out pinching..feel more comfortable because no need to move my hand so much..hahahah..btw, najibest, is it u that i met at redang?the petronas guy?huhuhu..if yes..im the one with the spectacles..OWD ex student..hahaha :D

waaa...u sure got enough saliva to swallow when u descending ar?  :icon_rr:

hahaha..if not enough just swallow air..hahahaha..but a little bit salty..a really good info mephisto..guess im a lucky guy..hehehe..equalize before you fell pain and discomfort!! ;)
NesCafe = dueKALI MiLo = 4KALI!!
malan
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#34  Postby babyFin » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:52 am

malan wrote:hahaha..if not enough just swallow air..hahahaha..but a little bit salty..a really good info mephisto..guess im a lucky guy..hehehe..equalize before you fell pain and discomfort!! ;)

good for u then..keep it up. but me - i cant! i like to descend heading down..and too fast too furious  :D
so, i would be deaf oledi if i swallow saliva.. kihkikihh.. but when browsing aound, i can do the swallowing thing..if i do it quick, bc im quite last-minute-equalize-diver.. hehheee..  :D
p/s: dont try this at home.

[font=Lucida Calligraphy]First mistake to be learned, Second mistake is because of stupidity..
[/font]
babyFin
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#35  Postby Ery » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:52 pm

babyFiN wrote:
malan wrote:hahaha..if not enough just swallow air..hahahaha..but a little bit salty..a really good info mephisto..guess im a lucky guy..hehehe..equalize before you fell pain and discomfort!! ;)

good for u then..keep it up. but me - i cant! i like to descend heading down..and too fast too furious  :D
so, i would be deaf oledi if i swallow saliva.. kihkikihh.. but when browsing aound, i can do the swallowing thing..if i do it quick, bc im quite last-minute-equalize-diver.. hehheee..  :D
p/s: dont try this at home.

too fast too furious heh...like "Tenggol Drift" not Tokyo drift ok..hahaha  :laughing11: :laughing11:
Ery
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#36  Postby SuperKingKong® » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:57 pm

u can try mares x-vision...

1st reason... quite different from other masks' shape... that's why.. stylish  ;)
2nd reason ... compatible with prescription lenses
3nd reason... ermm.. mares brand quite famous mah :P

of coz... all reasons will go down the drain... if the mask doesn't fit u :)
cheers...
"Dive Like Hell & You'll Be There" (it's so true... i personally have experienced it)
SuperKingKong®
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Previous

Return to Basic Gear