MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Re: Mask FuYyoH

Re: Mask FuYyoH

Mask, Snorkel, Wetsuit, Fins & Booties

Mask FuYyoH

Post Number:#1  Postby malan » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:38 pm

hola...

Thinking of buying my first mask..Mask ape nampak 'garang' siket ekk..Like macha's mask..nampak macho habes..mask yg macho..bukan macha..hahaha.. :D
NesCafe = dueKALI MiLo = 4KALI!!
malan
Diver
Diver
 
Topic author
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:03 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Mask FuYyoH

Post Number:#2  Postby najiBEST » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:50 pm

hey malan..glad now u're and OWD u're getting ur gears :) ...anyway IMHO, u should be getting a mask that actually fit ur face rather than one that looks macho .. i personally cannot wear all those macho expensive mask (atomic etc) as it just won't fit my face :( thus why i settled for my big ass TUSA Visualtor heh :)..the best way to find a perfect mask 4 u would be to test them.. MUW does organize weekend pool session n i do believe that u can try some of the mask that these guys have there and see which 1 u like..hope that helps :)
DIVE DIVE DIVE ...
User avatar
najiBEST
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver
 
Posts: 601
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:38 am
Location: KLCC
Gender: None specified

Re: Mask FuYyoH

Post Number:#3  Postby Underwater Tourist » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:14 pm

Try Hydro Optix la bang...  B-) B-) B-)
Diver2B is now Underwater Tourist.
Underwater Tourist
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:20 am
Gender: None specified

Re: Mask FuYyoH

Post Number:#4  Postby Ery » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:52 pm

malan wrote:hola...

Thinking of buying my first mask..Mask ape nampak 'garang' siket ekk..Like macha's mask..nampak macho habes..mask yg macho..bukan macha..hahaha.. :D


Bro, MASK is your window to the underwater world. When choosing your mask, the most important you need to remember that the key is fit and comfort. The mask should snuggly fit your face and at the same time, have no discomfort when you are using it. To test it for proper fit, wear the mask without putting on the straps, inhale to create a vacuum and let go. If the mask stays on for a few seconds, this means that there are no leaks and fits well. Hope this cud help, Cheers!  ;)
Ery
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:30 pm
Location: Offshore
Gender: Male

Re: Mask FuYyoH

Post Number:#5  Postby bijan » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:24 pm

yes ery, for me those are the important aspects when choosing a mask..fit and comfort

malan, no point if you look macho wearing the mask if it frequently leaks and you would have to clear ur mask every second or two..10 minutes of that, u'll be cursing underwater and whats the point of continuing the dive then..might as well abort and chill topside..a bigger concern wud be, if it wud make u panic..O_o

go for practicality..not for the looks..but if u can get both, why not?  :D :D
"Strength is not the attitude of knowing everything, but rather an acceptance of everything"
User avatar
bijan
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 2609
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:01 am
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Gender: None specified

Re: Mask FuYyoH

Post Number:#6  Postby malan » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:12 pm

huhuhu..i appreciate with all the feedback..im aware bout the comfort..hehehe..but wanna look stylish too..cewaahhh...agak2 bape inggit ekk yg best..plus need to have corrective lense..my spek mata nye power 800..hampir rabun dah..hope below rm1000...
NesCafe = dueKALI MiLo = 4KALI!!
malan
Diver
Diver
 
Topic author
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:03 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Mask FuYyoH

Post Number:#7  Postby najiBEST » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:44 pm

malan, a descent mask can cost u as low as rm100 :).. an expensive mask can cost up to rm300-400 :) .. not sure how much to add the corrective lens though.. but shouldn't cost too much i would say.. i personally know that bijan and 4321 (previously known as nazir4231) currently wearing mask with corrective lens..u can ask them for some pointers.. hope that helps :)
DIVE DIVE DIVE ...
User avatar
najiBEST
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver
 
Posts: 601
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:38 am
Location: KLCC
Gender: None specified

Re: Mask FuYyoH

Post Number:#8  Postby malan » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:49 pm

owh..takde la mahal sgt rupenye..hahaha..ingat kan mau sampai lime nam rat..neway..thanks!!
NesCafe = dueKALI MiLo = 4KALI!!
malan
Diver
Diver
 
Topic author
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:03 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Mask FuYyoH

Post Number:#9  Postby najiBEST » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:07 pm

malan wrote:owh..takde la mahal sgt rupenye..hahaha..ingat kan mau sampai lime nam rat..neway..thanks!!


no problem malan.. anyway try to post in english as much as possible as we do have forumers that do not converse in Malay heh :P or do provide the english translation

eg: saya suka diving suka suka = i like diving fun fun :)
DIVE DIVE DIVE ...
User avatar
najiBEST
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver
 
Posts: 601
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:38 am
Location: KLCC
Gender: None specified

Re: Mask FuYyoH

Post Number:#10  Postby Ery » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:09 pm

najibest wrote:
malan wrote:owh..takde la mahal sgt rupenye..hahaha..ingat kan mau sampai lime nam rat..neway..thanks!!


no problem malan.. anyway try to post in english as much as possible as we do have forumers that do not converse in Malay heh :P or do provide the english translation

eg: saya suka diving suka suka = i like diving fun fun :)


"i like diving fun fun" <-----whoaaaa a catchy sentence! wa caya lu laaa bro (i believe u laaa bro)  :laughing11: :laughing11: :laughing11:
Ery
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:30 pm
Location: Offshore
Gender: Male

Re: Mask FuYyoH

Post Number:#11  Postby Adzri » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:00 am

ery wrote:
malan wrote:hola...

Thinking of buying my first mask..Mask ape nampak 'garang' siket ekk..Like macha's mask..nampak macho habes..mask yg macho..bukan macha..hahaha.. :D


Bro, MASK is your window to the underwater world. When choosing your mask, the most important you need to remember that the key is fit and comfort. The mask should snuggly fit your face and at the same time, have no discomfort when you are using it. To test it for proper fit, wear the mask without putting on the straps, inhale to create a vacuum and let go. If the mask stays on for a few seconds, this means that there are no leaks and fits well. Hope this cud help, Cheers!  ;)





Well said ery!!! but find a good one malan .. spend a bit bcos normally ppl will use thier mask forever. seldom change 
User avatar
Adzri
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
 
Posts: 1478
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 11:17 pm
Location: key elll
Gender: None specified

Re: Mask FuYyoH

Post Number:#12  Postby Ery » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:08 am

adik wrote:
ery wrote:
malan wrote:hola...

Thinking of buying my first mask..Mask ape nampak 'garang' siket ekk..Like macha's mask..nampak macho habes..mask yg macho..bukan macha..hahaha.. :D


Bro, MASK is your window to the underwater world. When choosing your mask, the most important you need to remember that the key is fit and comfort. The mask should snuggly fit your face and at the same time, have no discomfort when you are using it. To test it for proper fit, wear the mask without putting on the straps, inhale to create a vacuum and let go. If the mask stays on for a few seconds, this means that there are no leaks and fits well. Hope this cud help, Cheers!  ;)





Well said ery!!! but find a good one malan .. spend a bit bcos normally ppl will use thier mask forever. seldom change 


thanks bro, cheers ! :smileinbox:
Ery
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:30 pm
Location: Offshore
Gender: Male

Re: Mask FuYyoH

Post Number:#13  Postby babyFin » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:58 am

and..dont forget to test - mask should snuggly fit your face and at the same time try and reach for ur nose for equalizing purposes.
one of my friend, she has a tiny nose.. she cant reach her nose. and thats giving her a hard in looking for mask. try the pure vision by mares, or the ultra clear by atomic aquatic (frameless)..

:angel8: :angel8: :angel8:
[font=Lucida Calligraphy]First mistake to be learned, Second mistake is because of stupidity..
[/font]
babyFin
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
 
Posts: 2049
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:39 pm
Location: sj
Gender: None specified

Re: Mask FuYyoH

Post Number:#14  Postby Ery » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:01 am

babyFiN wrote:and..dont forget to test - mask should snuggly fit your face and at the same time try and reach for ur nose for equalizing purposes.
one of my friend, she has a tiny nose.. she cant reach her nose. and thats giving her a hard in looking for mask. try the pure vision by mares, or the ultra clear by atomic aquatic (frameless)..

:angel8: :angel8: :angel8:


and scubapro (frameless)...  :angel8:
Ery
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:30 pm
Location: Offshore
Gender: Male

Re: Mask FuYyoH

Post Number:#15  Postby babyFin » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:11 am

scubapro frameless - the BESTest! hehehe..
im using it now!

:angel8: :angel8: :angel8:
[font=Lucida Calligraphy]First mistake to be learned, Second mistake is because of stupidity..
[/font]
babyFin
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
 
Posts: 2049
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:39 pm
Location: sj
Gender: None specified

Re: Mask FuYyoH

Post Number:#16  Postby Ery » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:18 am

Scubapro -Deep Down You Want The Best

me too...  ;)
Ery
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:30 pm
Location: Offshore
Gender: Male

Re: Mask FuYyoH

Post Number:#17  Postby bijan » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:21 am

najibest wrote:malan, a descent mask can cost u as low as rm100 :).. an expensive mask can cost up to rm300-400 :) .. not sure how much to add the corrective lens though.. but shouldn't cost too much i would say.. i personally know that bijan and 4321 (previously known as nazir4231) currently wearing mask with corrective lens..u can ask them for some pointers.. hope that helps :)


if i'm not mistaken, not all mask have interchangeable lenses whereby permitting u to use the corrective lenses..the frameless types are one of those..if u do want to look "macho", u can enquire on the atomic aquatic subframe mask..u can custom order your prescription direct from factory..

Atomic Aquatics Vision-Click Here

i got me a decent mask, Bubu brand, cost me around 200 myr inclusive of prescription..


malan, please be reminded that we have international readers in the forum whom does not understand the Bahasa Malaysia, it is recommended that english is used at all times..if , do provide the english translation
"Strength is not the attitude of knowing everything, but rather an acceptance of everything"
User avatar
bijan
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 2609
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:01 am
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Gender: None specified

Re: Mask FuYyoH

Post Number:#18  Postby Nazir Amin » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:07 am

Hi,

i use the perscription type of mask. I think that thing around RM200+(which i think the cheapest mask found that time)
Seekor anak kera bertanya ke ibunya, “Bu, knapa ya wajah kita begitu jelek?”
Jawab ibunya, “Bersyukurlah nak, sebab wajah kita gak sejelek orang yang baca tulisan ini…”
User avatar
Nazir Amin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 1292
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:18 am
Location: Sri Kundang, Rawang
Gender: None specified

Re: Mask FuYyoH

Post Number:#19  Postby malan » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:16 am

owh..noted..sorry for using BM...anyway..is it normal if I equalize without pinching my nose?huhuhu...i just swallow my saliva.. :D..hope that i can find the best mask for me..last time when i did my OWDC i used nice mask with prescr..water didnt fill that mask..but still came in when tersengih=smile..hahaha
NesCafe = dueKALI MiLo = 4KALI!!
malan
Diver
Diver
 
Topic author
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:03 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Mask FuYyoH

Post Number:#20  Postby reen » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:24 am

every mask when we tersengih (smile) water comes in... :P
soo this means that you have to wear a presc. mask...well
presc. mask could be more expensive...
you still have to pinch ur nose..swallowing is another method of equalize..
why not you try to check with scubatex...you want the best offer riight..
you can go for the thread (WTS) in this forum.
Go for black mask...it will look good on you when taking pictures...heh :D

here is the link for scubatex thread..
http://malaysianunderwater.com/smff/ind ... 075.0.html

just check it out...
Last edited by reen on Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
reen
 

Re: Mask FuYyoH

Post Number:#21  Postby najiBEST » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:32 am

malan wrote:owh..noted..sorry for using BM...anyway..is it normal if I equalize without pinching my nose?huhuhu...i just swallow my saliva.. :D..hope that i can find the best mask for me..last time when i did my OWDC i used nice mask with prescr..water didnt fill that mask..but still came in when tersengih=smile..hahaha


if u can equalize without pinching ur nose it's impressive indeed heh.. :P
DIVE DIVE DIVE ...
User avatar
najiBEST
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver
 
Posts: 601
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:38 am
Location: KLCC
Gender: None specified

Re: Mask FuYyoH

Post Number:#22  Postby malan » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:38 am

no lah..i just realized when dive my last open water dive..i equalized with out pinching..feel more comfortable because no need to move my hand so much..hahahah..btw, najibest, is it u that i met at redang?the petronas guy?huhuhu..if yes..im the one with the spectacles..OWD ex student..hahaha :D
NesCafe = dueKALI MiLo = 4KALI!!
malan
Diver
Diver
 
Topic author
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:03 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Mask FuYyoH

Post Number:#23  Postby najiBEST » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:12 pm

malan wrote:no lah..i just realized when dive my last open water dive..i equalized with out pinching..feel more comfortable because no need to move my hand so much..hahahah..btw, najibest, is it u that i met at redang?the petronas guy?huhuhu..if yes..im the one with the spectacles..OWD ex student..hahaha :D


yup it's me all right :) .. hope to see u in action soon.. i think maybe there's a pool session this weekend.. anybody can confirm this? if there is one.. maybe u can try out the different mask that these guys have :)
DIVE DIVE DIVE ...
User avatar
najiBEST
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver
 
Posts: 601
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:38 am
Location: KLCC
Gender: None specified

Re: Mask FuYyoH

Post Number:#24  Postby malan » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:14 pm

aiyak...im staying in kangar la najib..long way to kl..hahaha..
NesCafe = dueKALI MiLo = 4KALI!!
malan
Diver
Diver
 
Topic author
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:03 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Mask FuYyoH

Post Number:#25  Postby Underwater Tourist » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:18 pm

malan wrote:aiyak...im staying in kangar la najib..long way to kl..hahaha..


Kangar no pool? Then, lets play play at PISA Penang... but no instructor to guide la... :P
Diver2B is now Underwater Tourist.
Underwater Tourist
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:20 am
Gender: None specified

Re: Mask FuYyoH

Post Number:#26  Postby Ery » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:44 pm

Diver2B wrote:
malan wrote:aiyak...im staying in kangar la najib..long way to kl..hahaha..


Kangar no pool? Then, lets play play at PISA Penang... but no instructor to guide la... :P


PISA penang? where's the exact location?  :glasses9:
Ery
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:30 pm
Location: Offshore
Gender: Male

Re: Mask FuYyoH

Post Number:#27  Postby HoleMaster » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:04 pm

bijan wrote:
najibest wrote:malan, a descent mask can cost u as low as rm100 :).. an expensive mask can cost up to rm300-400 :) .. not sure how much to add the corrective lens though.. but shouldn't cost too much i would say.. i personally know that bijan and 4321 (previously known as nazir4231) currently wearing mask with corrective lens..u can ask them for some pointers.. hope that helps :)


if i'm not mistaken, not all mask have interchangeable lenses whereby permitting u to use the corrective lenses..the frameless types are one of those..if u do want to look "macho", u can enquire on the atomic aquatic subframe mask..u can custom order your prescription direct from factory..

Atomic Aquatics Vision-Click Here

i got me a decent mask, Bubu brand, cost me around 200 myr inclusive of prescription..


malan, please be reminded that we have international readers in the forum whom does not understand the Bahasa Malaysia, it is recommended that english is used at all times..if , do provide the english translation



SCUBAPRO SCUBAPRO SCUBAPRO....hehehehehehe
Rilek la bai...agak2 la diving. Kang tersekat kat lubang susah plak
HoleMaster
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:50 am
Location: Kay Yell
Gender: None specified

Re: Mask FuYyoH

Post Number:#28  Postby Ery » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:31 pm

HoleMaster wrote:
bijan wrote:
najibest wrote:malan, a descent mask can cost u as low as rm100 :).. an expensive mask can cost up to rm300-400 :) .. not sure how much to add the corrective lens though.. but shouldn't cost too much i would say.. i personally know that bijan and 4321 (previously known as nazir4231) currently wearing mask with corrective lens..u can ask them for some pointers.. hope that helps :)


if i'm not mistaken, not all mask have interchangeable lenses whereby permitting u to use the corrective lenses..the frameless types are one of those..if u do want to look "macho", u can enquire on the atomic aquatic subframe mask..u can custom order your prescription direct from factory..

Atomic Aquatics Vision-Click Here

i got me a decent mask, Bubu brand, cost me around 200 myr inclusive of prescription..


malan, please be reminded that we have international readers in the forum whom does not understand the Bahasa Malaysia, it is recommended that english is used at all times..if , do provide the english translation



SCUBAPRO SCUBAPRO SCUBAPRO....hehehehehehe


[glow=red,2,300]Deep Down You Want The Best[/glow]
Ery
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:30 pm
Location: Offshore
Gender: Male

Re: Mask FuYyoH

Post Number:#29  Postby Underwater Tourist » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:35 pm

ery wrote:
Diver2B wrote:
malan wrote:aiyak...im staying in kangar la najib..long way to kl..hahaha..


Kangar no pool? Then, lets play play at PISA Penang... but no instructor to guide la... :P


PISA penang? where's the exact location?  :glasses9:


PISA - Penang International Sports Arena in Bayan Baru area.

http://www.penevents.com.my/pisa.htm

Just a 5m pool.
Diver2B is now Underwater Tourist.
Underwater Tourist
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:20 am
Gender: None specified

Re: Mask FuYyoH

Post Number:#30  Postby Ery » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:47 pm

Diver2B wrote:
ery wrote:
Diver2B wrote:
malan wrote:aiyak...im staying in kangar la najib..long way to kl..hahaha..


Kangar no pool? Then, lets play play at PISA Penang... but no instructor to guide la... :P


PISA penang? where's the exact location?  :glasses9:


PISA - Penang International Sports Arena in Bayan Baru area.

http://www.penevents.com.my/pisa.htm

Just a 5m pool.


thanks for the info bro, this might be useful to those from the North side.  :smileinbox:
Ery
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:30 pm
Location: Offshore
Gender: Male

Next

Return to Basic Gear

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron