MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Mask De-Fogga

Mask De-Fogga

Mask, Snorkel, Wetsuit, Fins & Booties

Re: Mask De-Fogga

Post Number:#31  Postby Invisibleshark » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:15 am

SuperKingKong® wrote:
dan wahab wrote:
a dive buddy thought me a scary technique just recently.. burn your mask! really.. my mask was brand new and he grabed it started burning the inner glass. it apparently clears off the layer of chemical that fogs the mask. worked like a charm actually. didnt need to clear my mask underwater after that.

just word of caution, dont la burn the rubber around the glass.. hehe.. me not responsible for damaged (expensive) masks..  :icon_tongue:

hehe... thanks for the great tip.. but takut lah... if burn until the edges, sure will kena the silicone one... [-(

must have skill when u burn it . :D :D   but not all mask will work on this ,well if really dun work just burn the whole thing  :D :D
Last edited by Invisibleshark on Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dive now - Work later
Invisibleshark
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#32  Postby SuperKingKong® » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:25 am

babyFiN wrote:as for my mask, best solution ever..
Colgate Tripple Action!! *like colgate ambassador oledi*
others did not work as well as the Tripple Action..
i dunno la, maybe its a mind set or it just works.

:angel8: :angel8: :angel8:

hmm.. abt colgate... do we need to wash clean clean then put it on? .... coz if not clean.. when the water kena the eyes... pedih lah :P
cheers...
"Dive Like Hell & You'll Be There" (it's so true... i personally have experienced it)
SuperKingKong®
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Post Number:#33  Postby SuperKingKong® » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:29 am

Invisibleshark wrote:
SuperKingKong® wrote:
dan wahab wrote:
a dive buddy thought me a scary technique just recently.. burn your mask! really.. my mask was brand new and he grabed it started burning the inner glass. it apparently clears off the layer of chemical that fogs the mask. worked like a charm actually. didnt need to clear my mask underwater after that.

just word of caution, dont la burn the rubber around the glass.. hehe.. me not responsible for damaged (expensive) masks..  :icon_tongue:

hehe... thanks for the great tip.. but takut lah... if burn until the edges, sure will kena the silicone one... [-(

must have skill when u burn it . :D :D   but not all mask will work on this ,well is really dun work after u burn  just burn the whole thing  :D :D

:D :D :D
cheers...
"Dive Like Hell & You'll Be There" (it's so true... i personally have experienced it)
SuperKingKong®
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Post Number:#34  Postby babyFin » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:40 am

SuperKingKong® wrote:

hmm.. abt colgate... do we need to wash clean clean then put it on? .... coz if not clean.. when the water kena the eyes... pedih lah :P

of coz la dey..if u leave the colgate, might as well u just put it on and wait in the boat only..bc u cant see a thing except the colgate la..yes, u have to rinse it thoroughly after u rub the colgate..there are a few times i dive with still some colgate stain, but it didnt get my eyes pedih oso wat.. but i seldom do mask clearing during dive if i put the colgate before i went down, only have to purge the water out la..from where it comes, not the issue here. ;)
[font=Lucida Calligraphy]First mistake to be learned, Second mistake is because of stupidity..
[/font]
babyFin
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#35  Postby dan wahab » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:36 pm

babyFiN wrote:
SuperKingKong® wrote:

of coz la dey..if u leave the colgate, might as well u just put it on and wait in the boat only..bc u cant see a thing except the colgate la..yes, u have to rinse it thoroughly after u rub the colgate..there are a few times i dive with still some colgate stain, but it didnt get my eyes pedih oso wat.. but i seldom do mask clearing during dive if i put the colgate before i went down, only have to purge the water out la..from where it comes, not the issue here. ;)

i actually toothpaste coz it gives a real fresh smell when underwater.. haha. even when purging masks. nice clean and fresh (after brushing teeth) feel.  :D
dan wahab
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#36  Postby babyFin » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:23 pm

dan wahab wrote:i actually toothpaste coz it gives a real fresh smell when underwater.. haha. even when purging masks. nice clean and fresh (after brushing teeth) feel.   :D

true..definitely will agree wit u.
[font=Lucida Calligraphy]First mistake to be learned, Second mistake is because of stupidity..
[/font]
babyFin
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#37  Postby HoleMaster » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:55 pm

Myself the OLD SKOOL WAY...Just SPIT ON IT! :icon_rr:
Rilek la bai...agak2 la diving. Kang tersekat kat lubang susah plak
HoleMaster
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#38  Postby babyFin » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:40 pm

spit oso can..but only if i have to.. like, im on the surface oledi and forgotten about the colgate rubbing moment..have to maa.. wondering, if anyone bring along the colgate or anti-fog down..? :D
[/font]
babyFin
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#39  Postby SuperKingKong® » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:24 am

hmm.. i'm skeptical on using toothpaste... i squeeze a lot... over nite... b4 dive.. then wash clean clean.. then only go down.. still got fog :(

now, am using those anti-fog solution.. 1st dive still ok lah.. but 2nd or 3rd dive... hahaa.. like dreaming when diving... coz kabur :D

read further on the net... they said... in between dives... don't let ur mask dry when using any solution.. keep it wet... don't go jemur. that said, the solution at least can work for 2-3 dives... else have to put b4 every dive. will gonna try it...

at the mean time.. will try the baby shampoo also .. hehe

and about the ol' spit technique... if really no choice... then spit loh.. if got choice.. then i won't spit...
macam spitting on my own face.. and rub rub on my face... ermm... a bit "tak shiok" lah :P :D
anyway, i've tried that during my OWD session... doesn't really work though... probably becoz after i spit.. rub rub... then i rendam kat water to make it clean clean again :D
cheers...
SuperKingKong®
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Previous

Return to Basic Gear