MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Biggest & Largest DS

Biggest & Largest DS

Mask, Snorkel, Wetsuit, Fins & Booties

Biggest & Largest DS

Post Number:#1  Postby wing0112 » Wed May 30, 2007 9:07 am

Does anyone of u know which shop or dive center is the biggest & most succesful in Malaysia? The 1 that always set the bar up high for other DC/DS. I heard was Sealantis from my kawan.

Please do voice out ur opinions.

p/s where is SKK ar? Kena fired laio ar... too much on9 izzit.
wing0112
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topic author

Re: Biggest & Largest DS

Post Number:#2  Postby LaraCroft » Wed May 30, 2007 10:09 am

Does anyone of u know which shop or dive center is the biggest & most succesful in Malaysia? The 1 that always set the bar up high for other DC/DS. I heard was Sealantis from my kawan.

If you're talking bout Dive Centres than my vote will go to "Tioman Reef Divers". To me its kindda big, loads of space, CLEAN and organised and best of all superb service. Two thumbs up for Tioman Reef Divers. I'm not sure if they are the most successful but with service like that.. they are to me.

As for Dive Shops.. I've never been to many, to me most dive shops are almost the same.
Get busy livin' or Get busy divin'
LaraCroft
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Post Number:#3  Postby scottycam » Wed May 30, 2007 10:19 am

If you're talking bout Dive Centres than my vote will go to "Tioman Reef Divers". To me its kindda big, loads of space, CLEAN and organised and best of all superb service. Two thumbs up for Tioman Reef Divers. I'm not sure if they are the most successful but with service like that.. they are to me.

As for Dive Shops.. I've never been to many, to me most dive shops are almost the same.

If comparing biggest, by comparision, isnt SWV's DC bigger than TRD? SWV dc comes with own locker and separate bc/reg store as well?Service wise, both are same, just walk to boat and board..... But by comparision, TRD feels warmer in service as compared to SWV. My dua sen worth!!
cheers
“True communication is possible only between equals, because inferiors are more consistently rewarded for telling their superiors pleasant lies than for telling the truth.:”
scottycam
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#4  Postby zimm » Wed May 30, 2007 12:35 pm

biggest & succesful?? it all depands on wat ur looking for......if i'm not mistaken diff dive shop carries diff brand eg. sealantis carries the most scubapro items and if u wanna look for oxcycheq, u can definitely get it at R&T.
Last edited by zimm on Wed May 30, 2007 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it.
For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it. For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it.
zimm
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Post Number:#5  Postby LaraCroft » Wed May 30, 2007 1:07 pm

If comparing biggest, by comparision, isnt SWV's DC bigger than TRD? SWV dc comes with own locker and separate bc/reg store as well?Service wise, both are same, just walk to boat and board..... But by comparision, TRD feels warmer in service as compared to SWV. My dua sen worth!!
cheers

You might be right Scotty..  I really cant comment on SWV coz I've never been there. But you are so right bout the warm service at TRD.

Wing ahh..
What do you mean when you say BIG? Big as in siz or big corporation??
Get busy livin' or Get busy divin'
LaraCroft
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Post Number:#6  Postby wing0112 » Wed May 30, 2007 1:41 pm

urm both of u aare right.. and in Tioman i thought was B&J. I am not sure whether you guys went to hong kong and look at their dive stores a not. Thailand Bangkok also have. those stores are like boutique and some with 3 storey building... selling the most and comprehensive equipment and various brands. if u see our DS in msia.. most of them are only in 1 lot or half lot.

My hong kong kawan just ask me and i dont know how to answer him..... so i guess i thought just ask u guys lah since u guys always lepak i assume kat DS.

I belum ada uang beli oxycheq lah.. anyhow got pic of Oxycheq?

so my big is big in size and corporation.... and not like kedai runcit.....
wing0112
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#7  Postby supercharge » Wed May 30, 2007 2:36 pm

::) rainbow runner??
supercharge
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#8  Postby scottycam » Wed May 30, 2007 3:14 pm

not trying to sell SWV, but they do things professionally, briefings are good and informative, but service wise abit lacking..maybe we did not tip at the end of every dive but we did tip all of them lots before we went home...we wanted to compare the professionalism of each and every dm there....the makcik manning the coffee station was good...got nice kuihs everyday...free somemore... ;)
“True communication is possible only between equals, because inferiors are more consistently rewarded for telling their superiors pleasant lies than for telling the truth.:”
scottycam
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#9  Postby Bobo® » Wed May 30, 2007 3:17 pm

Largest DS i think the online store la... huhuhuh... anything u wan got hehehe but kenot touch..  ;D
Dive Tenggara Adventure [1696725-D] twitter - @divetenggara
Need Seac-Sub, Pelican, Fantasea Line, DAN Insurance, call me www.divetenggara.com :: 019-2121109 :: info@divetenggara.com
Bobo®
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#10  Postby Bobo® » Wed May 30, 2007 3:18 pm

not trying to sell SWV, but they do things professionally, briefings are good and informative, but service wise abit lacking..maybe we did not tip at the end of every dive but we did tip all of them lots before we went home...we wanted to compare the professionalism of each and every dm there....the makcik manning the coffee station was good...got nice kuihs everyday...free somemore... ;)

err, have to walk very far maa.... hehehe just imagine, i have to carry my 5kg uwphoto equipment every day for 5 days...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..krus  ;D
Need Seac-Sub, Pelican, Fantasea Line, DAN Insurance, call me www.divetenggara.com :: 019-2121109 :: info@divetenggara.com
Bobo®
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#11  Postby scottycam » Wed May 30, 2007 3:37 pm

err, have to walk very far maa.... hehehe just imagine, i have to carry my 5kg uwphoto equipment every day for 5 days...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..krus  ;D

Can stay at Mabul section instead of Sipadan section  mah...2 big steps away from dive centre oni...kekeke..but afternoon nap time can hear compressor humming away lor..
scottycam
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#12  Postby Bobo® » Wed May 30, 2007 3:49 pm

thats why la only pekak people can stay at mabul section... hehehe.. if wan luxury, SMART la, if wan nearer with aircon, Seaventure la, if wan more nearer without aircon, homestay la, but if wan nearer, cheap, no need to fly, mabul style like service, and sometimes good food.. REDANG la... MACHA place hehehe
Bobo®
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#13  Postby OziDiver » Wed May 30, 2007 4:01 pm

if you want close to restaurant, dive center and swimming pool with excellent service diving services..borneo divers is the place laa..some more much cheaper than SWV and got beach and bar to hang out.. 8-)
OziDiver
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#14  Postby Snafu » Wed May 30, 2007 4:17 pm

My place la

;D
Some people are only ALIVE because it's against the law to KILL them...really!!!
Snafu
Administrator
Administrator

Post Number:#15  Postby John F SeaDemon » Wed May 30, 2007 4:33 pm

I belum ada uang beli oxycheq lah.. anyhow got pic of Oxycheq?

Here you go, that's me inspecting all the Oxycheq gears used by my Dive Buddy and I, and other MUW members as well.
-If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying-
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#16  Postby John F SeaDemon » Wed May 30, 2007 4:37 pm

My place la

;D

That's true. Snafu's house is like a DS on its own...you have 2 CCRs, lots and lots of other OC dive equipment, some "donated" to him. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

And if you go there, he's got permanent fixtures that can make drinks and wash cups for you too  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Otherwise, the next biggest DS I know is my house. 6 regulator sets for both recreational and tech diving, 2 Oxycheq wings (30lbs and 50lbs)...and other stuff like liftbag, SMBs...masks, fins etc ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
-If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying-
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#17  Postby IkanBilis » Wed May 30, 2007 5:21 pm

My place la

;D

That's true. Snafu's house is like a DS on its own...you have 2 CCRs, lots and lots of other OC dive equipment, some "donated" to him. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

And if you go there, he's got permanent fixtures that can make drinks and wash cups for you too  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Otherwise, the next biggest DS I know is my house. 6 regulator sets for both recreational and tech diving, 2 Oxycheq wings (30lbs and 50lbs)...and other stuff like liftbag, SMBs...masks, fins etc ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

When are u guys going to have sale??  ;D ;D ;D  Newbies like me would appreciate 2nd hand equipments at lower than entry level price, before we gain enough experience to buy good (translated "expensive") equipment..
[font=Freestyle Script][size=12px]IkanBilis in the shallows, under the jetty and near the shore,small and insignificant,too small to play in the deep, yet nice and crispy in nasi lemak. [/size][/font]
IkanBilis
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Location: Nilai, Negeri Sembilan and Bandar Baru Salak Tinggi, Sepang

Post Number:#18  Postby Bobo® » Wed May 30, 2007 6:50 pm

My place la

;D

haa pinjam liftbag.. kata ari tu tak de...  >:(
Bobo®
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#19  Postby Nizaha » Wed May 30, 2007 9:34 pm

Ehmm..

This tough.. But in Kl maybe Sealantis for sure. But i like to visit Rec&Tec aswell i left from the country when they open.. Who own RecNtec ?? I'm prefer supprot local DS close by at my place. (Ampang) .. maybe aquatrade.. i know them very well.

I  still with B&j tioman,( in ABC beach not salang ) hopefully they doing well. i heard most senior staff leaving, not sure about that , Maybe next visit Bali Hai for a changes!! who knows !

Safe diving

Zaha
Equipment can go to those depths, but your body might not be able to..
Nizaha
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#20  Postby Jim » Wed May 30, 2007 10:44 pm

In terms of operation size, i think its Borneo Divers. They hv resort, dive center & commercial diving.

In terms of store size, i dont know.....
Jim
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#21  Postby wing0112 » Thu May 31, 2007 8:56 am

urm oxycheq looks so bebas.. its like wearing a g-string leh...... not bad not bad..
so cant await for the pool sessions..... to try out...

SD that u ar? inspecting the equipment... very serious woh u look.... but i thought u look more like pierce brosnan....
wing0112
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#22  Postby wing0112 » Thu May 31, 2007 8:57 am

::) rainbow runner??

no offense dude.... but he laugh me like hell when i brought him there... he said Hong Kong is already have limited space for shop but this rainbow thingy is smaller than a restaurant.

Well i have nothing to say...
wing0112
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#23  Postby wing0112 » Thu May 31, 2007 8:58 am

In terms of operation size, i think its Borneo Divers. They hv resort, dive center & commercial diving.

In terms of store size, i dont know.....

this 1 i know.. i went there to c c b4
wing0112
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#24  Postby wing0112 » Thu May 31, 2007 9:04 am

My place la

;D

When are u guys going to have sale??  ;D ;D ;D  Newbies like me would appreciate 2nd hand equipments at lower than entry level price, before we gain enough experience to buy good (translated "expensive") equipment..

i thought now got mega sales?
wing0112
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#25  Postby wing0112 » Thu May 31, 2007 9:06 am

er i stay at seaventure.... so very easy to go diving.. takes a lift only.. but room not tat good lah... and if u dont mind... its okies 1
wing0112
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topic author

Return to Basic Gear