MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Oslob-Whaleshark interaction

Oslob-Whaleshark interaction

For trip reports, resort reviews and questions about international destinations.
NOT for selling trips. NOT for looking for buddies.

Oslob-Whaleshark interaction

Post Number:#1  Postby decimal86 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:40 pm

folks

anybody can hook me up with a dive center in Philippines that organises a dive/snorkel trip to Oslob? thks
alamak, the tank goes at the back??
decimal86
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topic author
Topics: 25

Re: Oslob-Whaleshark interaction

Post Number:#2  Postby justjim » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:09 am

Hi Decimal, 

You were in Moalboal in Nov no? I just came back from Moalboal and dove with Savedra, few doors down from Neptune.  They do day trips to Oslob,  but be preared to be slaughtered. Oslob is only 1.5hrs by car from Moalboal but a 2 dives + bbq lunch day trip from Moalboal will set you USD150 poorer.

I was there during the recent 6.8 quake and tsunami (Moalboal is only approx. 20km from epicenter) and i know many dive shops there lost a lot of business after the quake,  so you might just get some bargain if u go now.

Amyway,  i went with them cos i dun think theres any dive shop in Oslob itself yet. Alternatively,  u can go direct to Tan-Awan in Oslob and just pay Php100 (RM7. 50 ONLY!!) and do a shore entry snorkel with the whalesharks. Local Ceres bus from South Bus Terminal will get you there (no more than Php150 one way)
[img width=465 height=120]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r182/justjim123/IMG_1272SS.jpg[/img]
justjim
Diver
Diver

Re: Oslob-Whaleshark interaction

Post Number:#3  Postby decimal86 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:19 pm

justjim wrote:Hi Decimal, 

You were in Moalboal in Nov no? I just came back from Moalboal and dove with Savedra, few doors down from Neptune.  They do day trips to Oslob,  but be preared to be slaughtered. Oslob is only 1.5hrs by car from Moalboal but a 2 dives + bbq lunch day trip from Moalboal will set you USD150 poorer.

I was there during the recent 6.8 quake and tsunami (Moalboal is only approx. 20km from epicenter) and i know many dive shops there lost a lot of business after the quake,  so you might just get some bargain if u go now.

Amyway,  i went with them cos i dun think theres any dive shop in Oslob itself yet. Alternatively,  u can go direct to Tan-Awan in Oslob and just pay Php100 (RM7. 50 ONLY!!) and do a shore entry snorkel with the whalesharks. Local Ceres bus from South Bus Terminal will get you there (no more than Php150 one way)

i wanna thank you for replying. sad to hear they were whacked by nature. the kids in these kampungs have the brightest smiles

i have committed to Savedra..hoping to get some discounts as i am a repeat customer. yes..they quoted me the same price.

i was thinking of doing it 'lonely planet' way but my wife is with me and we have two cameras to lug around, so i will cough up the money and dive with them. there was another quote from a Malaysian, also about the same price.

bro' got video or pictures from your trip? cheers!
alamak, the tank goes at the back??
decimal86
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topic author
Topics: 25

Return to International Destinations