MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Diving @ Koh Lipe

Diving @ Koh Lipe

For trip reports, resort reviews and questions about international destinations.
NOT for selling trips. NOT for looking for buddies.

Diving @ Koh Lipe

Post Number:#1  Postby silverkay » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:54 pm

Divers,

Anyone of you dive before at Koh Lipe ? Any recommended DC ? Ive check thru the web and found some like forra dive, oceandive, sabye & etc.

Cant find any come with package. At the same time want some recommendation frm ppl which dive there b4..
silverkay
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Re: Diving @ Koh Lipe

Post Number:#2  Postby Quero » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:54 am

Hi Silverkay,

Sorry to come to the discussion so late, but busy, busy, busy--no time to read forums until now!

I work with Forra Divers on Koh Lipe. The deal they have is that they offer a special price on the bungalows on any day you dive with them. Let me know if you'd like any help with that since it's Thailand and I'm Thailand based.
Quero
SAWADIKAP
SAWADIKAP

Post Number:#3  Postby Free Diver » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:40 am

Hi Quero, Since when you moved to Forra Divers??? I remembered you were in Phuket........ Anyway I did some search and found Forra Divers packages kind of interesting especially the LOB.....Am just trying to put together some fine details on the trip to Koh Lipe

Cheers
Benny
I Pray 4 Great Visibility!!!!!!!!
Free Diver
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#4  Postby Quero » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:45 am

Hi Benny--Sorry for not being clear!

I don't work FOR Forra Divers, but they are one of my business partners I work WITH.

I'm still in Phuket. But for my own business, I go and check out destinations, especially Thailand/Andaman Sea ones, so that I can give the best advice.

On Lipe there are a bunch of dive ops, but I work with Forra because they have their own bungalows that they rent out only to divers, so the vibe in the restaurant at breakfast is mostly divers (with a few non-diving travel companions). And they give a discount to the divers for the overnight stay if they are diving that day. And there's the LOB. The only one based in that area.

Hope that clears things up. I'm always available to facilitate Thailand bookings (I can make payments easier, for example, and don't have to phone to another country to get information), so do count on me if I can help you in some way.

Q.
Quero
SAWADIKAP
SAWADIKAP

Post Number:#5  Postby aqeebz » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:58 am

I've stayed in Forra for CNY this year. The bamboo bungalow is kinda new experience especially the steep ladder to the toilet/bath which is very very scary if you're really in a hurry to use it  :D :D. You get 20% off for the accomodation charge on every dive day if not mistaken. Make sure you bring mosquito repellant. Good relaxing hangout area at the cafe & make sure DM bring you to the Big Rocks for drift diving. Very shiokkkk wooo
aqeebz
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#6  Postby Free Diver » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:21 pm

Thanks Quero for clearing up the air. Am more interested in the LOB by Forra Divers, the itinerary seem interesting and suits me too. Will have to work out my schedule and of course my wallet.......... :glasses9:

Wonder you still do the daily basis dive insurance??

Cheers
Free Diver
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#7  Postby Quero » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:37 pm

Free Diver wrote:Thanks Quero for clearing up the air. Am more interested in the LOB by Forra Divers, the itinerary seem interesting and suits me too. Will have to work out my schedule and of course my wallet.......... :glasses9:

Wonder you still do the daily basis dive insurance??

Cheers

I have an account with a company that does this, but I have to collect the money from the customer and then pay to the insurance company. I personally think it's better to just buy the DAN insurance. Not only is it proven, but also the profits from the insurance sales help fund their dive medicine research.
Quero
SAWADIKAP
SAWADIKAP

Post Number:#8  Postby Free Diver » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:33 pm

got it Qeuro......thanks

Cheers
Free Diver
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Return to International Destinations