MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Re: Diving with Makawidey Resort, Lembeh Sulawesi

Re: Diving with Makawidey Resort, Lembeh Sulawesi

For trip reports, resort reviews and questions about international destinations.
NOT for selling trips. NOT for looking for buddies.

Post Number:#31  Postby zaide » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:36 pm

top site pix

cool blue

early mornin

zaide
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#32  Postby sepet » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:53 pm

underwater pix - using my camera tikam (advert:anyone interested to buy this camera?)

Total dive: 21 dives (Kat)

Fav site: TK 1, TK 2, TK 3, Angel's Window (founder: our very own dive guide Engel.. he discovered this site when he was 16 yrs old.. very beautiful wide angle, lots of swimthrough.. no pix coz our official cameraman's housing crack), Pantai Perigi, Batu Sandar

Dive Guide: Engel, Anto, Zaide (DM-to-be at lembeh - provided he doesnt have camera with him and no mandarin fish hunting), Nazir

At Lembeh.. you can find:

Diff type of Lion Fish
ImageImage
ImageImage

Lots of ikan2.. eg..Ikan Buntal, Cat Fish, Scorpion Fish, Stone Fish, Trumpet Fish, Nemo..
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

... tbc...
sepet
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#33  Postby clairvoyant » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:35 pm

Cun-cun! Nice photo Sepet ..more photo please!  :D
Whatever the mind of Man can Conceive and Believe, It can Achieve!
You get what you want in this World by making it happen, not waiting for it to come to you!
clairvoyant
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#34  Postby one1kat » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:48 pm

My favourite dive sites:

1) TK 1-2 dives
Max Depth:21.4m, sandy bottom
We saw frogfish (yellow,orange,green and clown painted white) while sepet and zaide saw wonderpus.

Towards the end of the 2nd dive, at 3 meter. At this point my casing fogged:(

These 2 fellas sat quitely at 5 meter

2) TK2- 1 dive
Max Depth:22m, sandy bottom
We went in at 1553. The fishes were very running all over the places due to feeding time. We were lucky to catch 3 frogfish in action where they did "high jump" and one of them caught a fish. Watch out the video posted by Nazir.

3) Magic Rock
Max Depth:30.5 m
Highlights : Pygmy seahorse, ornate ghostpipefish (yellow and red) and big octopus hiding in a hole

4) Jahir 2
Max Depth: 17.5m, Sandy bottom
Highlight: a very big and weird nudi which we thought at first as garbage or something.

Tethydidae-Wonderous Melibe

5) Batu Sandar
Max Depth:23.9m, Sandy bottom
Highlights: Ambon scorpionfish, cocunut octopus

6) Tanduk rusa
Max Depth:13.3m, sandy bottom
Highlight: Mimic Octopus at the end of the dive.Only me and the DM. The rest have gone up. No pic as I took video of the mimic.

7) Pantai Perigi
Max Depth:19.1m, Sandy bottom
Highlights:Flamboyant cuttlefish, hairy frogfish,

My set up: Canon G9,macro lense and torchlight
one1kat
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#35  Postby one1kat » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:15 pm

We were very sad as we cannot find rhinopias. Someone saw the same rhinopias in an aquarium in one of the restaurant in Manado.

This one was found at Nudi Retreat in Oct 2008.
one1kat
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#36  Postby sepet » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:38 am

sepet wrote:underwater pix - using my camera tikam (advert:anyone interested to buy this camera?)

... tbc...

the best of lembeh..
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Thanks nazir for everything!
sepet
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#37  Postby urchin » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:40 am

sepet wrote:
sepet wrote:underwater pix - using my camera tikam (advert:anyone interested to buy this camera?)

... tbc...

the best of lembeh..
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Thanks nazir for everything!

wow omedetoo/cong Sepet (M'sian Manado) now you pro u/water shoot,suggestion buy nikon or cannon slr  same like iawas or pak zaidee or pak nazir  lah, any new about nazir camerasubmariner 
urchin
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#38  Postby Arewhere » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:27 am

:icon_thumright: :occasion18:
" SO OTHERS MAY DIVES"
Arewhere
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#39  Postby terjuntiruk » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:36 pm

Wonderful photos, great video! Thanks for sharing it with us. I'm drooling for Lembeh.... :love10:
terjuntiruk
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topics: 1

Post Number:#40  Postby DatinSeroja » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:20 pm

great macro shot..maybe can share with people here,type of camera,strobe used,macro lens,technique..etc..
DatinSeroja
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#41  Postby one1kat » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:48 pm

DatinSeroja wrote:great macro shot..maybe can share with people here,type of camera,strobe used,macro lens,technique..etc..

both sepet n myself using canon G9 with macro lense...sepet use strobe but mine just torchlight....
one1kat
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#42  Postby urchin » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:59 am

one1kat wrote:
DatinSeroja wrote:great macro shot..maybe can share with people here,type of camera,strobe used,macro lens,technique..etc..

both sepet n myself using canon G9 with macro lense...sepet use strobe but mine just torchlight....

[font=Verdana]congratulations[/font] sis even you use touchlight as strobe you also generate, afford, yield, produce, productive  look like pro the action,good boyant and nook, corner, angle that we can share to all MUW's family peh.

keep it up start saving hunting at Bunaken same flight with us again. we have fun in the sun.
urchin
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#43  Postby MACHA » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:06 pm

Great coverage! any of you learn the trick of stalking the wonderpuss & the mimic?
"A man needs a little madness or he never breaks the rope and goes free"......Zorba
MACHA
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#44  Postby one1kat » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:00 pm

MACHA wrote:Great coverage! any of you learn the trick of stalking the wonderpuss & the mimic?

Nope but finding mimic whose hiding in the sand is quite tricky though. While we at Tanduk Rusa, the guide saw traces of mimic but unable to bring him out as there's divers all over the place.I guess too many ppl makes the mimic hides even further in the sand.

Towards the end of the dive, the rest have gone up and left just me and the 2 guides. Normally the guide, Pak Engel will give signal to go up but it was a bit strange as he still wandering around observing and poke his pointer in the sand. Suddenly he gave signal to wait and suddenly the mimic appeared from the sand....wow:)))) ..Pak Engel try to keep the mimic on the sand while the other guide try to call the rest but it's too late. After 3 minutes , he disappeared in the sand:(

Macha....what's the trick to stalk the mimic?
one1kat
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#45  Postby MACHA » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:41 am

one1kat wrote:
MACHA wrote:Great coverage! any of you learn the trick of stalking the wonderpuss & the mimic?

Nope but finding mimic whose hiding in the sand is quite tricky though. While we at Tanduk Rusa, the guide saw traces of mimic but unable to bring him out as there's divers all over the place.I guess too many ppl makes the mimic hides even further in the sand.

Towards the end of the dive, the rest have gone up and left just me and the 2 guides. Normally the guide, Pak Engel will give signal to go up but it was a bit strange as he still wandering around observing and poke his pointer in the sand. Suddenly he gave signal to wait and suddenly the mimic appeared from the sand....wow:)))) ..Pak Engel try to keep the mimic on the sand while the other guide try to call the rest but it's too late. After 3 minutes , he disappeared in the sand:(

Macha....what's the trick to stalk the mimic?

The guides normally bring 1 meter length pointers for this. :D :D :D :D
a good sharp eyes is needed searching for mimic octopuss eyes cum horns popping out from sand holes.....
I was taught to stay really low & breathe really slow....according to the guides, our exhalation bubbles could spook them off.
Then they'll start stirring the sand with pointer gently to distract...get closer & they'll poke & lift em up.
Brickfield fellas all scared to see this..little bit pity them la dey...but that's the only way I guess.... [-(

The mimic will then start transforming into lionfish or flounder or sea crates or anything to escape from us homo dolphinus  :D
"A man needs a little madness or he never breaks the rope and goes free"......Zorba
MACHA
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#46  Postby one1kat » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:33 pm

[/quote]

The guides normally bring 1 meter length pointers for this. :D :D :D :D
a good sharp eyes is needed searching for mimic octopuss eyes cum horns popping out from sand holes.....
I was taught to stay really low & breathe really slow....according to the guides, our exhalation bubbles could spook them off.
Then they'll start stirring the sand with pointer gently to distract...get closer & they'll poke & lift em up.
Brickfield fellas all scared to see this..little bit pity them la dey...but that's the only way I guess.... [-(

The mimic will then start transforming into lionfish or flounder or sea crates or anything to escape from us homo dolphinus  :D

[/quote]

thanks for sharing:)...will try that trick if i plan to go to lembeh again
one1kat
Diver
Diver

Previous

Return to International Destinations