MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Malapascua Oct 2006 Trip Report

Malapascua Oct 2006 Trip Report

For trip reports, resort reviews and questions about international destinations.
NOT for selling trips. NOT for looking for buddies.

Re: Malapascua Oct 2006 Trip Report

Post Number:#31  Postby anas » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:38 pm

The power of of their modified forelimbs is quoted as powerful as a "20 calibre bullet" if i remeber it right.  

wei... 20mm calibre can shoot down aircraft liao leh!! hehehe.....

Encik Mocha:
Please forgive Evo. He sometimes forgets the 25% magnifying factor.... ;-)

Somemore, the old man, he also wears bifocal mask...  ;D
anas

Topic author

Post Number:#32  Postby deepblu » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:49 pm

Did a little striptease first. And then she obliged. :o

That shot of the mantis shrimp was a lucky shot. Peacock mantis shrimps are 'smashers', meaning in defence, they will charge at intruders and use their modified forelimbs like hammers smash whatever is in their way. They also use this to hunt for crustaceans by shattering their hard outer shells. They are usually not affraid to charge. Taking advantage of this, tried approaching the bugger with caution and kept my distance to avoid having my housing shattered. Was kinda like a standoff. When I got close enough, I I quickly pressed the shutter. All my other shots of that particular mantis shrimp are side profile shots.

interesting.

camera domes aside, will its "20mm calibre equivalent charge" have the same effect of, say, a trigger attacking divers during nesting season?
deepblu

Topic author

Post Number:#33  Postby evo5555 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:38 pm

The power of of their modified forelimbs is quoted as powerful as a "20 calibre bullet" if i remeber it right.  

wei... 20mm calibre can shoot down aircraft liao leh!! hehehe.....

Encik Mocha:
Please forgive Evo. He sometimes forgets the 25% magnifying factor.... ;-)

Somemore, the old man, he also wears bifocal mask...  ;D

hahaha...kimax betul...wat the bullet has to do with the magnifying effect la?ehheeh..i dont know la mocha, 2 or 20 la, cause i written there if i remeber it right??But such a small limb can destroy camera port means power tuh. You try and destroy use your finger and see..hehe

wat the bullet has to do with the magnifying effect la?i think mr sheikh is the one who ears bifocal mask kot?hehehe...
evo5555

Topic author

Post Number:#34  Postby evo5555 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:40 pm

That shot of the mantis shrimp was a lucky shot. Peacock mantis shrimps are 'smashers', meaning in defence, they will charge at intruders and use their modified forelimbs like hammers smash whatever is in their way. They also use this to hunt for crustaceans by shattering their hard outer shells. They are usually not affraid to charge. Taking advantage of this, tried approaching the bugger with caution and kept my distance to avoid having my housing shattered. Was kinda like a standoff. When I got close enough, I I quickly pressed the shutter. All my other shots of that particular mantis shrimp are side profile shots.

interesting.

camera domes aside, will its "20mm calibre equivalent charge" have the same effect of, say, a trigger attacking divers during nesting season?

Well we dont know that for exact mr deepblu.  Its written in the book la, tak tau betul ke tak. Kalau tak percaya next time you see mantis shrimp you car try provoke it with yur camera.  Then ill take your video.  If your port really breaks than i can post in you tube, or we can send it to Ripleys Believe it or Not?hehe
Last edited by evo5555 on Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
evo5555

Topic author

Post Number:#35  Postby deepblu » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:41 pm

interesting.

Well we dont know that for exact mr deepblu.  Its written in the book la, tak tau betul ke tak. Kalau tak percaya next time you see mantis shrimp you car try provoke it with yur camera.  Then ill take your video.  If your port really breaks than i can post in you tube, or we can send it to Ripleys Believe it or Not?hehe

kalau cam tu, i wud need two cameras la..

one to test the mantis shrimp,

the other to test the trigger

;D ;D
ada orang mau sponsor ka?
Last edited by deepblu on Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deepblu

Topic author

Post Number:#36  Postby evo5555 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:23 am

kalau cam tu, i wud need two cameras la..

one to test the mantis shrimp,

the other to test the trigger

;D ;D
ada orang mau sponsor ka?
[/quote]

Maybe you can try disposable camera?hehehe
evo5555

Topic author

Previous

Return to International Destinations