MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Tioman 5D4N Dive + Romantic getway for two

Tioman 5D4N Dive + Romantic getway for two

Trip reports, resort reviews and questions about Malaysian destinations.
NOT for selling trips. NOT for looking for buddies.

Tioman 5D4N Dive + Romantic getway for two

Post Number:#1  Postby pilotHans » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:18 pm

Hi,

I happen to have some extra leave that needs to be finished soon..so im planning to stay at Salang  beach end of March for 5D4nights...still not sure on what to do...but i plan to do some dives, about 3-4dives depending on the price..thinking of doing Tiger Reef site..hmm...other then that, just wanna relax with my wife..

any points/advice/recommendations are appreciated....

cheers.
what we do in life echoes in eternity
pilotHans
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topic author

Re: Tioman 5D4N Dive + Romantic getway for two

Post Number:#2  Postby Narco » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:33 pm

Haha.. romantic gateway.. Don't forget to post up some review bro. This can be useful for those going to Tioman and that includes me!
I'm Not Perfect, but I'm Limited Edition
Narco
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topics: 11

Post Number:#3  Postby run » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:32 pm

salang is not a romantic place at all :(
a loud and happening place.

DC try ask fisherman divers (http://www.fishermandivers.com/home.html)  or azmi (http://www.azmidive.com/)
the rates are on the site but i think you can get cheaper than that. Just be nice and cheerful to them :)
As for romantic stay, i think better you ask the DC. they can help you out.
There is a chalet that located on the Hill. Dont ask for that kind of chalet. it wont be romantic climbing the hill.

Once you arrive at the jetty salang, fisherman is on the left and azmi on the right.

tiger reef is a must!
same goes for chebeh and golden reef also labas and batu malang.
all of them is a must.

hum forgot.U want to have a romantic get away.
run
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topics: 20

Post Number:#4  Postby tim » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:20 pm

For romantic, there is only ONE place on Tioman for that.

http://www.japamalaresorts.com/Malaysia-boutique-resort-Tioman-Island.html

But this boutique resort is on the southern tip of Tioman, not really near the dive centres. So I think you have to walk or drive to the DC.
tim

Post Number:#5  Postby pilotHans » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:23 pm

Thanks for the advice...yet to decide between salang indah and salang pusaka  [-( salang indah , need to climb hill kah? the seaview chalet all finish already  :( hmm...

as for dives..i'll do 2dives + a few shore dives only...coz dont wanna leave the missus too long... besides i think i'll be already full of dives after my bali trip..hehe..but adding a few in my dive log sounds just to tempting  :P
what we do in life echoes in eternity
pilotHans
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#6  Postby Chip » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:33 pm

pilotHans wrote:Thanks for the advice...yet to decide between salang indah and salang pusaka  [-( salang indah , need to climb hill kah? the seaview chalet all finish already  :( hmm...

as for dives..i'll do 2dives + a few shore dives only...coz dont wanna leave the missus too long... besides i think i'll be already full of dives after my bali trip..hehe..but adding a few in my dive log sounds just to tempting  :P

yo Hans... :hello:
rather than go to Tioman why dont you go to Kapas Island... There is one resort there that catch my attention... If i not mistaken the place is Gem Island Resort, Pulau Kapas.... very very the romanctic one... hehehe... the resort are more comfortable and dive site is just aroun the corner dude... hehehe...  :D
~ Air is like sex; it's not important unless you aren't getting any ~
Chip
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#7  Postby tim » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:03 pm

Gem doesn't have a DC.

The only DC is on Kapas itself.

But Gem resort can arrange to have the DC send a boat to pick you up for dives. So the dives may be a bit higher in cost. But probably not by much.

Gem has a house reef. So you may want to ask the DC if they will let you have tanks for solo shore diving.
tim

Return to Local Destinations