MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Pulau Perhentian 30th/4 - 2th/5..

Pulau Perhentian 30th/4 - 2th/5..

Trip reports, resort reviews and questions about Malaysian destinations.
NOT for selling trips. NOT for looking for buddies.

Pulau Perhentian 30th/4 - 2th/5..

Post Number:#1  Postby ahtap » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:44 pm

Hi guys...

I will be going to Perhentian this month end. I will be staying at D'Lagoon Resort, Perhentian Kecil. I never wnet to this island before and I am very new to diving as well. Just did 12 divse since my OW license last year.

Can anybody give me some tips on the island and the resort pls.

Anybody fellow MUW members going there during my trip pls contact me so I can make new friends. There will be 2 of us only and both are new divers. i will really appreciate some companies as well.

Is the weather condition will be ok at that time? Just curious...

Thanks guys in advance for all the info and comments..
ahtap
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Re: Pulau Perhentian 30th/4 - 2th/5..

Post Number:#2  Postby Narco » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:14 pm

ahtap.. share with us the exerience at the resort. Input from u are needed :)

For weather condition, maybe you can ask kzrul. He's in terengganu and should be able to advise us :)
I'm Not Perfect, but I'm Limited Edition
Narco
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topics: 11

Post Number:#3  Postby ahtap » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:50 am

Ok bro..

For sure I will. I was hoping any of you guys been there, i mean the resort.

I will contact bro Kzrul to check the weather condition over there. Thanks again bro.

Pls feel free to comment or giving any usefull input.
ahtap
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#4  Postby nglg212 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:51 pm

dive safely...just follow closely the DM or instructor... :)
Dint manage to book the room, so...will not be there...anyhow, do enjoy urself and take pics & share....
nglg212
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topics: 2

Post Number:#5  Postby Kzrul » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:29 pm

It is not my intend to put your dive mode off but just be careful.... the weather is sometime un-sangka-reable nowadays.... dive ok but do get a good dm and boatman..... wrap your clothes by plastics before inserting into you bag.... but please do reuse the plastics........ pray for the best and do precautions.... why? Last 2 week was sunny.... last week was mix... this week also mix....

As Narco said..... do update us..... sometimes its differ between KT - Kuala Besut - Perhentian.....

Cheers.....
Kzrul
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topics: 1

Post Number:#6  Postby pamshea » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:25 am

Hi there,

I was just in Perhentian diving last week.
Sea condition in front of D'Lagoon is crystal clear just like a swimming pool & very calm ! You'll love it.

Generally, in Perhentian, morning till noon - sea conditions are very calm, occasional strong surface wind.
In the late afternoon, the sea gets rougher & stronger wind, a little bad vis under, no more than 1m.

Enjoy your dive, and bring lots of sun block.
pamshea
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#7  Postby subnozzle » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:51 am

Heyz..

Just came back from Perhentian Small Island 2 days ago, we stayed at Shari-La , Coral Bay, pretty nice place, not as crowded as Long Beach. The place is more resort feel, and quite affordable too. But if you enjoy people watching, larger crowds and nicer beach, Long BEach will be great!

Diving wise, the water is pretty ok, although visibility could drop to about 3-5M during some of our dives. But Tokong Laut was amazing, you have to dive there, Sugar Wreck was not too bad, but visiblity was bad that day.

Hope this helps.

Cheers & havea great dive!

Sub
subnozzle
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#8  Postby ahtap » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:05 am

Thanks guys...

Tak sabar for the weekend. I do hope everything runs well. Long time tak pegi diving.
ahtap
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#9  Postby johnng » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:09 pm

subnozzle wrote:Heyz..

Just came back from Perhentian Small Island 2 days ago, we stayed at Shari-La , Coral Bay, pretty nice place, not as crowded as Long Beach. The place is more resort feel, and quite affordable too. But if you enjoy people watching, larger crowds and nicer beach, Long BEach will be great!

Diving wise, the water is pretty ok, although visibility could drop to about 3-5M during some of our dives. But Tokong Laut was amazing, you have to dive there, Sugar Wreck was not too bad, but visiblity was bad that day.

Hope this helps.

Sub

Which dive center u dove with when ya're stayin at Sharila .. I'll be there on June, and i think i'll be going with quiver?
johnng
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#10  Postby vash_h » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:01 am

there are many other 'services' in long beach too.. LOL..
<--www.haroldchia.com-->
vash_h
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Topics: 5

Post Number:#11  Postby zaX Shayna » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:28 am

there's one giant stingray in front of d'lagoon.
saw school of barracuda too.
awesome!

and the nitelife next to it (long beach) is very very exhaustive (or might be because i'm old already).
ngeh ngeh.

have a safe journey.

:hello:
zaX Shayna
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#12  Postby ahtap » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:42 am

I thought D'lagoon is on its own. There is other challet nearby? Must be interesting. I will keep you guys update on the weather and sea condition. Based on the forecast that i got, it will be raining in few places on Saturday nite, Sunday morning & cloudy on Monday morning.

I do hope weather is fine.
ahtap
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#13  Postby subnozzle » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:18 pm

johnng wrote:
subnozzle wrote:Heyz..

Hope this helps.

Sub

Which dive center u dove with when ya're stayin at Sharila .. I'll be there on June, and i think i'll be going with quiver?

Hi hi,

I did it with Turtle Bay, but that was at Long Beach. This is coz we booked the diving before selecting the accommodation as we were not very sure of the place we wanted to stay, since the reviews online was very very mixed.

At Shari-la, the closest place to do it is with Quiver, since they are operating from Shari-la itself. But a few minutes walk away, you have some other dive centers like steffen ( if i am not wrong, this is one of the first DC at perhentian), there is also Angel Divers.

Personally, I thought Turtle Bay has a nice group of DM & Instructors, very frendly and chatty group of ppl, who are very passionate and proffessional on what they do. But the only down side is, you need to walk about 10 min there. We did a night dive, and thankfully we had an iphone with flash, coz the route back was so so dark..

Cheers!
Sub
subnozzle
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#14  Postby ahtap » Fri May 06, 2011 11:42 am

Hi guys...

Just wanna share my experience. I stayed at D'Lagoon and need to take taxi bot to Turtle Bay for diving. The Dive Centre is really great. I am really comfortable with the environment and foremost to the En. Yaacob and my DM for the whole diving trip.. Mr. Chris.

I only did 5 dives because need to spend time with my other collegue as well. 3 dives on first day and 2 more on the next day. The first dive was at D'lagoon.. then Sugar Wreck and the last one was at batu Layar. Overall it was really fun but a bit dissapointed with the visibility esp at the Sugar Wreck. The vis was damn poor but i really enjoy the adventure.

The next day the weather was so beautiful. I wanted to do 3 dives at 9am, 11am & 1pm because i wanted to join my group which was not diving for other activities. Biut too bad the 11am dive was pospone to 1pm. We went to Pinnacle @ Tokong Laut and Terumbu Tiga @ T3. Both have it own attraction. The visibility was great and I really.. really... really enjoy diving for the first time. I dont know how to explain but as a newbie.. I am really amaze with the view. maybe for some of you it was nothing compared to Sipadan etc. But for me.. i am really thank god for HIS creation.. Subhanallah..

Too bad I dont have any camera to share the photo.
ahtap
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#15  Postby Narco » Fri May 06, 2011 12:48 pm

ahtap, me in particular do love to dive in Tokong Laut. It is amazing there.
I'm Not Perfect, but I'm Limited Edition
Narco
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topics: 11

Post Number:#16  Postby kopang » Mon May 09, 2011 9:08 pm

just came back from Perhentian yesterday, brought 2 frens as they want to do their OWD
i would agree also that from morning till afternoon the visual is very good, but later in the evening it started to worsen :( :angry4:
kopang
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#17  Postby KingArthur » Sun May 15, 2011 10:44 pm

ahtap wrote:Hi guys...

Just wanna share my experience. I stayed at D'Lagoon and need to take taxi bot to Turtle Bay for diving. The Dive Centre is really great. I am really comfortable with the environment and foremost to the En. Yaacob and my DM for the whole diving trip.. Mr. Chris.

I only did 5 dives because need to spend time with my other collegue as well. 3 dives on first day and 2 more on the next day. The first dive was at D'lagoon.. then Sugar Wreck and the last one was at batu Layar. Overall it was really fun but a bit dissapointed with the visibility esp at the Sugar Wreck. The vis was damn poor but i really enjoy the adventure.

The next day the weather was so beautiful. I wanted to do 3 dives at 9am, 11am & 1pm because i wanted to join my group which was not diving for other activities. Biut too bad the 11am dive was pospone to 1pm. We went to Pinnacle @ Tokong Laut and Terumbu Tiga @ T3. Both have it own attraction. The visibility was great and I really.. really... really enjoy diving for the first time. I dont know how to explain but as a newbie.. I am really amaze with the view. maybe for some of you it was nothing compared to Sipadan etc. But for me.. i am really thank god for HIS creation.. Subhanallah..

Too bad I dont have any camera to share the photo.

Hi,I'm planning end of June or July go Perhentian for fun dive
can u PM me some information abt that dive centre?
KingArthur
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#18  Postby vash_h » Mon May 16, 2011 8:20 pm

if ur interested, im headed to perhentian 4-6/june.. bubbles DC.. wanna join?
<--www.haroldchia.com-->
vash_h
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#19  Postby joe » Mon May 16, 2011 9:42 pm

vash_h wrote:if ur interested, im headed to perhentian 4-6/june.. bubbles DC.. wanna join?

mee too!
by joetahir
joe
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#20  Postby vash_h » Tue May 17, 2011 7:50 am

joe wrote:
vash_h wrote:if ur interested, im headed to perhentian 4-6/june.. bubbles DC.. wanna join?

mee too!

seriously? LOL.. meet you there!!

i wont be diving much.. as i am bring my gf.. got her to do snorkeling, so i will probably accompany her.. then poison her kao kao by letting her do DSD.. Hhhahahaha.. i will probably do a shore dive along w her and shoot lots of photo of her first experience underwater..

i am planning to go diving at 'the barge'.. which is a great place to dive in perhentian. not many of the dive resorts know about this place. for bubbles, available on special request.. and they will charge us extra for petrol since its quite far out..

here's some pics i took at the barge last season.

OKAAAY.. i know.. my photos is not doing the barge much justice.. suffice to say, there is more fish species and concentration there more than anywhere else in perhentian.. lots to see and lots to shoot.. I LOVE IT..
Last edited by vash_h on Tue May 17, 2011 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
<--www.haroldchia.com-->
vash_h
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#21  Postby nglg212 » Tue May 17, 2011 12:20 pm

nice pics..thx for sharing...
nglg212
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topics: 2

Post Number:#22  Postby ahtap » Wed May 18, 2011 12:07 pm

Hi KingArthur..

You can read about them here.

http://www.tripadvisor.com.my/Attractio ... gganu.html

And this is their official website.

http://www.turtlebaydivers.com/
ahtap
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#23  Postby kopang » Wed May 18, 2011 10:39 pm

alamak vash_h those are wonderful pics!!!!  :icon_rr:  :angel8:
kopang
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#24  Postby vash_h » Wed May 18, 2011 10:51 pm

nglg212 wrote:nice pics..thx for sharing...

THANK YOU THANK YOU..

kopang wrote:alamak vash_h those are wonderful pics!!!!  :icon_rr:  :angel8:

THANK YOU THANK YOU..
<--www.haroldchia.com-->
vash_h
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Return to Local Destinations