MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - perhentian - lang tengah - redang dive trip advice???

perhentian - lang tengah - redang dive trip advice???

Trip reports, resort reviews and questions about Malaysian destinations.
NOT for selling trips. NOT for looking for buddies.

perhentian - lang tengah - redang dive trip advice???

Post Number:#1  Postby eugenelim88 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:05 am

hi , i was thinking of diving at these 3 islands all in one trip , and i wanna stay at least one night at each of these islands. im thinking this has probably been done before, and with all the experienced divers on this forum, i was looking for some tips and advice on dive centres, hotels, travelling between the islands, dive sites, and other secrets :d . . its for 2 people, and the budget should be reasonable. if manage to plan properly i'd be going in the week after raya and school hols to avoid the crowds! sifus, help out the newb here :))
eugenelim88
Diver
Diver

Topic author
Topics: 1

Re: perhentian - lang tengah - redang dive trip advice???

Post Number:#2  Postby run » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:26 pm

How long exactly is your trip?
Perhentian island you can easily get boat trip from mainland to island at anytime of the day but for Lang tgh and Redang, i doubt it.
Boat ride from perhentian to Redang and Lang tgh each take around 45min. I'm not really sure whether they offer any drop off from perhentian to redang island or lang tengah unless you can pay at a very good price.
Perhentian Island can offer walkin booking for travellers but for Lang tgh and Redang island , each resorts need to be book early and most of their packages include the boat trip price from mainland to the island.
It is best you call any resort at lang tgh and redang island to book for your trip.
Or you can stay at Lang tgh for 2 nites and check with the dive center there wether they can cater to dive in redang too. Same if you are in redang and perhentian too.
Just call up to these dive centres and check with them.
http://www.seamonkeydiver.com (redang)
http://www.summerbayresort.com.my ( lang tengah)
perhentian island, just google for sure will show up many dive center there.

Let me just say aug-sept is high season pack with divers. Hope you still can get a room
run
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topics: 20

Post Number:#3  Postby eugenelim88 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:49 am

thnx for the reply run !
i have that whole week after the raya and school hols free, so at most maybe 6 days.
do you have any contacts or know any company that does the boat ride between perhentian, lang tengah and redang? even if its expensive i just wanna gather info.
if the drop offs not possible then lagi mafan have to keep travellling between island and mainland to get to each island! ~X(
i think for this trip, the packages are unnecessary, maybe i just book the hotel room and arrange the transportation myself, will definitely call up the resorts to get advice.
i not just going for the diving, wanna see the islands as well, so staying at lg tgh and diving to redang not so appropriate..
ya, i just hoping that since i go after the school and raya hols that there will be space at least, need to finish planning this trip soon!

btw, my fren told me that the taxi from kota bahru airport to besut jetty is freakin expensive, like 80 bucks or something! does anybody know how to get cheaper transportation from the airport to the jetty?
eugenelim88
Diver
Diver

Topic author
Topics: 1

Post Number:#4  Postby run » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:12 pm

that taxi price is around that figure. the taxi ride took around 45min ~1hour. If you want it cheaper than try to get other people going to besut in the same taxi. That way you can divide the cost.
run
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topics: 20

Post Number:#5  Postby Narco » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:26 pm

If i'm not mistaken got bus from KB to K.Besut. City Liner. Very cheap. BUt please recheck as i dont want to give u false hope.. :)
Narco
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topics: 11

Return to Local Destinations