MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Diving Quality in Pulau Aur

Diving Quality in Pulau Aur

Trip reports, resort reviews and questions about Malaysian destinations.
NOT for selling trips. NOT for looking for buddies.

Diving Quality in Pulau Aur

Post Number:#1  Postby diver999 » Wed May 29, 2013 10:21 am

Dear Members, I was hoping you all can spare me a few minutes to leave your comments on Pulau Aur in terms of Diving Quality or any particular dive site which you think is good or bad.

Appreciated and Thanks Guys & Gals :)
diver999
Diver
Diver

Topic author
Topics: 12

Re: Diving Quality in Pulau Aur

Post Number:#2  Postby run » Wed May 29, 2013 11:11 am

Do rayner's rock. Deep dive and swimtru. Rocky formation. Can see bumphead/ napollean

Dayang wreck in front of the dayang's jetty. deep dive. A small wooden fisherman's wreck at the bottom. From the jetty, the sand at the bottom will be in slope down to the wreck.

Pulau Pinang if i am not mistaken. Can see nudis here. Beware of surge and currents

Pinnacle II, great reef fish. Again beware of current cause the location is a bit further outside from the island.

Pulau Lang , amazing. If you can try to swim around the island with a 2 or 3 continues dive. It gives different landscape

The channel in between Aur and dayang. Great during drift dive. Good formation of corals.

Captain's point , teluk teluran same like any other dive sites with reef fishes and corals.

My best choices Pulau lang, rayner's rock, pulau pinang.

The bad - too many divers on the weekend and too too many divers on the weekend with holidays.
Be extra careful when diving during windy days or cloudy days. The sea can get rough and choppy.

-- Wed May 29, 2013 11:16 am --

just so u know i have been to the dive sites i mentioned. Not something that i googled.
run
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topics: 20

Re: Diving Quality in Pulau Aur

Post Number:#3  Postby diver999 » Wed May 29, 2013 11:32 am

Thanks for the great info RUN. Really appreciated ;)
diver999
Diver
Diver

Topic author
Topics: 12

Return to Local Destinations