MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Re: Which LOB to choose?

Re: Which LOB to choose?

Trip reports, liveaboard reviews and questions about liveaboards.
NOT for selling trips. NOT for looking for buddies. (Can also be used for international liveaboards.)

Which LOB to choose?

Post Number:#1  Postby KeeJ » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:54 pm

hey divers..... i have a question....
I'm a newbie in diving but i've been asked to coordinate a small group ( for like 6 to 7 people ) to LOB sometime before end of march. In my frantic search online, and after receiving some advise from a lady friend, i was told the diving experts are all expected to congregate in the forum. As such, my question is....

Considering the timeline i am stuck with, where can i dive, and which would be an ideal LOB for say between 3 to 5 days, to enjoy the underwater world but at the same time be ideal to test our New Open Water SCUBA sets?

I know long question.... but am sincerely looking forward to your answers!....

Peace out
K
KeeJ
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#2  Postby HoleMaster » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:34 pm

U can either try Kaleebso
http://www.ballzaction.com/liveaboard_kaleebso.htm#top. Sorry, lost the number, probably others can provide

Or try Wavebreaker. U can call Joe 0197683599

To test equipment, my advise is to go to the pool first. Make urself comfortable with the equipment first only then to the sea. Cheers  ;)
Rilek la bai...agak2 la diving. Kang tersekat kat lubang susah plak
HoleMaster
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#3  Postby IkanBilis » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:11 pm

Hi KeeJ,

My suggestion is the same with HoleMaster, to test equipments in the pool first, eg. Cheras Pool, or PADE Shah Alam, to get yourself comfortable with the equipments.

BTW, please introduce yourself at the Introduction by opening a new topic and telling us a bit about yourself and how long you have been diving. Members then can welcome you properly.

Welcome to MUW KeeJ, dive safely..
[font=Freestyle Script][size=12px]IkanBilis in the shallows, under the jetty and near the shore,small and insignificant,too small to play in the deep, yet nice and crispy in nasi lemak. [/size][/font]
IkanBilis
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Location: Nilai, Negeri Sembilan and Bandar Baru Salak Tinggi, Sepang

Post Number:#4  Postby MACHA » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:45 am

Bro....test it in pool 1st la dey, get familiar with it!
Im sure you dont wanna get surprises during your LOB trip, get your self an SMB or dive sausage its great if you can learn deploying it at pool 1st  ;)
.....safe diving la dey...cheers, cheers!
"A man needs a little madness or he never breaks the rope and goes free"......Zorba
MACHA
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topics: 1

Post Number:#5  Postby Sicko » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:34 pm

KeeJ wrote:hey divers..... i have a question....
I'm a newbie in diving but i've been asked to coordinate a small group ( for like 6 to 7 people ) to LOB sometime before end of march. In my frantic search online, and after receiving some advise from a lady friend, i was told the diving experts are all expected to congregate in the forum. As such, my question is....

Considering the timeline i am stuck with, where can i dive, and which would be an ideal LOB for say between 3 to 5 days, to enjoy the underwater world but at the same time be ideal to test our New Open Water SCUBA sets?

I know long question.... but am sincerely looking forward to your answers!....

Peace out
K

Where do you wish to go diving?
Anyone can do a dive to 100m or more.....
But how many will return alive???
Sicko
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#6  Postby Nitrogen addict » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:04 am

we have 3 more seats available for LOB Kaleebso on  17th till 18th January 2009.
RM750 unlimited dives and good food guaranteed.

Depart from our dive centre at 6pm on 16th January 2009 Friday.

to be on board latest by 9:00 pm.
www.oceanelements.my @OceanElements
Nitrogen addict
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#7  Postby nudilover » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:09 pm

Hey KeeJ,

Take a look into this LOB: http://xcess-scuba.com/joomla/index.php ... 6&Itemid=1

Departure suit to your desire periods while it fall on the BEST BEST timing to dive in Andaman Sea!

I personally booked through this organization on last year ~ same boat, same destination (Similan)... One word: Fantastic arrangement cum diving, great food and very professional services (compared to some others LOB in Phuket). Worth to pay for a good trip rather save on little sum to try local LOB (personal comments)~

Lastly, new set equipment testing should done in pool instead 'last minutes' surprise arrise during the trip ^-^

Cheers~
nudilover
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#8  Postby John F SeaDemon » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:36 pm

Welcome to MUW Nudilover. Please do an introduction of yourself at http://malaysianunderwater.com/smff/ind ... d,4.0.html for the benefit of other members to get to know you better. Thank you.
-If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying-
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#9  Postby Ketam » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:53 pm

Welcome Diver,
Have your dream dive soon
Ketam
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#10  Postby KeeJ » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:51 pm

Hey guys,

Thanks for the heads up and sorry for the delay. Will post an intro of self shortly.

I will be doing the test in the pool first.... the Sea trial of these sets is expected to be conducted in March....
Anyway, i guess for the time being, i'll try the Kaleebso, and hopefully my diver friends like the idea.

As for my experience, i'm certainly a newbie with a dive license....  :P My friends however are dive masters and instructors....

Cheers.

R,
K
KeeJ
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#11  Postby Ketam » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:50 am

Wokey Keej,

Enjoy the dive, do tell about the trip and post pics. Hope you have a great experience.
Ketam
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Return to Live-onboards