MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Tinggi, Dayang, Aur, Pemanggil, Jahat

Tinggi, Dayang, Aur, Pemanggil, Jahat

Trip reports, liveaboard reviews and questions about liveaboards.
NOT for selling trips. NOT for looking for buddies. (Can also be used for international liveaboards.)

Tinggi, Dayang, Aur, Pemanggil, Jahat

Post Number:#1  Postby SeaDemon » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:27 am

For those going on this trip on the Wavebreaker this weekend, I have posted the tide, weather and moon phase reports for the duration of the trip.

http://narcaholic.com/blog/?p=524
SeaDemon

Topic author

Re: Tinggi, Dayang, Aur, Pemanggil, Jahat

Post Number:#2  Postby HoleMaster » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:50 am

DIVE! DIVE! DIVE DIVE! This time tommorrow we'll be underwater again...Blup Blup Blup Blup....... ;)
HoleMaster

Topic author

Post Number:#3  Postby SeaDemon » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:09 am

This time tomorrow 3rd dive already...
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#4  Postby SeaDemon » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:10 am

Declare awal-awal...I'm going on a self-paid dive trip...so suffice to say I am, from this moment, only an AOW diver. Dive guiding and the revocation of dive enjoyment will be duly charged in Malaysian Ringgit. Hahahaha.
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#5  Postby HoleMaster » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:16 am

Since ur an AOW can u guide me for Deep and Nite Dive?
HoleMaster

Topic author

Post Number:#6  Postby SeaDemon » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:41 am

Only if u are an AOW or a good looking adventurous-in-bed female
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#7  Postby Jim » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:20 pm

Declare awal-awal...I'm going on a self-paid dive trip...so suffice to say I am, from this moment, only an AOW diver. Dive guiding and the revocation of dive enjoyment will be duly charged in Malaysian Ringgit. Hahahaha.

DM pompuan kan ade....... tak cukup, DM IANTD Aur leh tolong guide... guarantee timbul kat Natuna or Singapore... ;D ;D
Jim

Topic author

Post Number:#8  Postby SeaDemon » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:34 pm

DM pompuan kan ade....... tak cukup, DM IANTD Aur leh tolong guide... guarantee timbul kat Natuna or Singapore... ;D ;D

Hahahhaa...kita serahkan DM IANTD orang-orang yang dia bawak. Ini last trip mentang-mentang ada dahi licin, dia serahkan si Mazif kat aku. Memang dasar horny macam sea urchin. Nasib baik yang boleh mencucuk tu satu aje tak macam sea urchin.
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#9  Postby SeaDemon » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:35 pm

Since none of the islands we will be going to have any cellular coverage, here is a list of Pondoks and Balais Polis that can be reached should there be any emergency at home:

Pondok Polis Pulau Aur (011-750021)
Pondok Polis Pulau Tinggi (011-750025)
Balai Polis Pulau Tioman (09-4191167)
Ibu Pejabat Polis Daerah Endau (09-4132999 for Tanjung Gemok)
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#10  Postby admin » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:02 pm

Brader Demon ,

Thank you :)
admin

Topic author

Post Number:#11  Postby katakpink » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:07 pm

Satu no. lagi tertinggal.....No tel. rumah urut Ah Choi
katakpink

Topic author

Post Number:#12  Postby evo5555 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:26 pm

woi katak! tempat gerudi ke?hahah
evo5555

Topic author

Post Number:#13  Postby anas » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:03 pm

just came back from the trip with katakpink et.al. .. ai say lah man.. katakpink never needed rumah urut ah choi.. cos dia sudah bawak sendiri punya tukang urut  :-X
anas

Topic author

Post Number:#14  Postby SeaDemon » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:05 pm

TRIP REPORT

JAHAT, PEMANGGIL, LANG, AUR, DAYANG, SERI BUAT: WAVEBREAKER 7-10 SEPTEMBER 2006

If there is a lesson to be learnt during this trip is: check your equipment after a year of use. I found that out the hard way during this trip. I had three batteries for my camera. One conked out even after full charge before I even left KL, the other conked out on the LOB itself, while with the third, I could only take a good 1 minute's worth of video clips before it goes flat. Then my dive torch had problems lighting up during the first dawn dive.

Thursday - 7th September 2006

Traffic in KL was terrible. It took me an hour to get to Sheik's house (which is only 10km away from mine). Then the NKVE from the Damansara toll towards Subang was at a standstill, that we had to enter Kota Damansara to get to the Guthrie highway. Finally, after 2 hours of driving, we finally got to the Guthrie highway and made our way to the Seremban R&R for a rendezvous with the rest of the group.  Drive to Tanjung Gemuk from thereon was good.

Friday - 8th September 2006

Has to be transfered to the Wavebreaker using the tender as well as a fishing trawler as tide was out. But we were entertained by the view of the partial lunar eclipse.  Finally at 4.30am we were underway, arriving at Pulau Jahat (also known as Pulau Gut) around 8am. Dive operations immediately commenced. Viz was not that great and bottom current was mildly-strong. As usual, Pulau Jahat lives up to its name by opening up to its better inhabitants only towards the end of the dive. Post-dive was a search and rescue ops for one missing diver, Sam Soul, who appeared at the wrong side of the island.

Second dive commenced after breakfast on the other side of Pulau Jahat. And again, Pulau Jahat revealed the best of the dive towards the end, maintaining its 3-0 score (if the previous trip in July is taken into account).

The Wavebreaker then made its way towards Pulau Pemanggil. As trip organiser, Comrade chose the wreck of what probably was a small cargo ship in 50 meters of water (well, divide that by 10 to make it more believable). There was nothing spectacular about the wreck which is badly broken up and pieces strewn all over the place. It must have ran aground hard, and later cut to pieces by scrap-metal collecters. The only highlight of the dive were these two Bumphead Parrotfish that were very close to the divers.

The Wavebreaker then moved to a bay that was the originally-intended dive site before Comrade had abright idea. There was more to be seen here during the night dive.

After dinner, the Wavebreaker made its way to Pulau Lang, near Pulau Aur and moored for the night there.

Saturday - 9th September 2006

Dawn dive at Pulau Lang, followed by a good breakfast as usual, then moved to Pinnacle One south of Pulau Aur.  Viz was excellent, no current.  A lot of time spent between 25-30 meters that at the end of the dive, two divers (SeaDemon & Zarir) had to do decompression stops. Then the Wavebreaker moved to Rayner's Rock. Bottom current was strong that we all decided it would be better to drift. More than half an hour later we were off the other end of Pulau Dayang. It was a good drift dive but viz was down to about 10 meters.

After lunch, the Wavebreaker positioned itself at Captain's Point. There was a group of day-trippers from the nearby resort and more than 30 divers converged onto that site in one go. With the big things missing probably die to the racket made by dive guides and their tank-bangers, we had to play "Spot-A-Nudi" instead. Well, there were several good nudis.Then the Wavebreaker made its way back to Pulau Lang for night-diving operations (again shared by 3 huge diveboats). The highlight of the night dive was this huge cuttlefish (Sepia latimanus) that hardly budged even when surrounded by about 10 divers. Sheik, being a buttman, kissed its butt. Such an arse-kisser. You can imagine what two nights away from home can do to a man. We also saw a huge Hermit Crab that was
feeding on this freshly-caught Squirrelfish.

After dinner, the Wavebreaker continued its journey to Pulau Seri Buat.

-END OF PART 1-
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#15  Postby SeaDemon » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:08 pm

TRIP REPORT PART 2

Sunday - 10th September 2006

At about 2.24am, we passed Tokong Bahara off Tioman. I received a text message from someone that was sent on Friday (8th September 2006) at 1536 mentioning about some parachuting accident in which two former brothers-in-arms were killed in Melaka.

One dive was performed at Pulau Seri Buat. Viz was down to 5 meters max but the area thrives with marine life and anemone. Bad viz did not deter the divers from doing an hour's dive each. After breakfast the Wavebreaker moved to the last dive location located at the border between Pahang and Johor: an island called Pulau Pertang Pahang. As expected, some 2km away is another Pulau Pertang called Pulau Pertang Johor. Only three divers went down here while the rest have rinsed their equipment.

THANK YOU TO THE DIVERS WHO MADE THIS TRIP A MEMORABLE ONE - A GOOD ENDING TO THE DIVE SEASON'S LAST LOB TRIP

1. Comrade (a.k.a Mr Lowered - organiser and court jester cum biyatch of the trip)
2. Jim (open water diver and DM-wannabe)
3. Sheik (The one who pukes and kisses the arse of cuttlefish)
4. Hollowman (cool camera guy who loves Sam Soul's arse)
5. Zarir (Mr Ice. Maintains hairstyle even underwater)
6. Atuk (Mr Fish ID who has yet to see an Octopus)
7. Aidil (Mr Letih - always sleeping)
8. Sam Soul (Man-turned-biyatch [a.k.a Bee..short for Baby]..definitely not the person we know this trip)
9. Zack (a very entertaining person..despite his macho outdoor activities, he has a feminine side)
10. Zul (Mr forced-to-do AOW course)
11. Kamal (Mr OWD forced to do drift dive by his so-called friend)
12. Penyu (almost extinct..always almost extinct during every dive)
13. Shah (another Mr forced-to-do AOW course)
14. Ana (Sam Soul's husband..Sam Soul will abort his dives for this person)
15. Baby (DMT kena tipu)
16. Cher (Miss Malas...totally on a holiday trip)
17. Lyanna (Mrs Bookworm...when she's not diving she reads books no other person can comprehend the contents)
18. SeaDemon (the one who writes reports and do boring dives as the camera doesn't work)

THE CREW

1. Joe (another member of the LOWERED-gang)
2. Fais (very helpful crew member)
3. Jiman (another very helpful crew member)
4. Kak Zakiah (the resident chef who became the object of desire and age-guessing discussions of the male guests after 2 nights at sea..as usual)
Last edited by SeaDemon on Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#16  Postby HoleMaster » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:56 pm

Well done Demon! Well written report, as usual LOB is still the best when it comes to diving. Enjoyed the trip big time with a bunch of Monkeys...hehhehehee. ;).For me the best dive was Pinnacle 1 at Aur. I was so awed of the huge boulders, bat fishes, school of barracudas, 30m vis that i lost track of my deco time. Thanks a bunch for "temaning" doing deco stop again........to all members of the trip..I KNOW U GUYS HOLD THIS MOTTO...."BORN TO DIVE FORCED TO WORK" :)
HoleMaster

Topic author

Post Number:#17  Postby admin » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:26 pm

Great report...another well written detailed summary of this trip from SeaDemon. Thanks bro.

Reading your intro i knew immediately that you have yet to overcome your regret for not having your camera on board for this so-called-last LOB trip of this season. It was just another one of those unexpected things bound to happen. Of course most of us will want to see a video produced by you but i think exceptionally this time we will let the memories do the job.

It was a superb trip, i am glad to be on board. The Wavebreaker rocks! And what else to say than looking forward to another cruising with all... :)  
admin

Topic author

Post Number:#18  Postby SeaDemon » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:49 pm

Well done Demon! Well written report, as usual LOB is still the best when it comes to diving. Enjoyed the trip big time with a bunch of Monkeys...hehhehehee. ;).For me the best dive was Pinnacle 1 at Aur. I was so awed of the huge boulders, bat fishes, school of barracudas, 30m vis that i lost track of my deco time. Thanks a bunch for "temaning" doing deco stop again........to all members of the trip..I KNOW U GUYS HOLD THIS MOTTO...."BORN TO DIVE FORCED TO WORK" :)

eh...i no work..so how?
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#19  Postby SeaDemon » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:51 pm

Great report...another well written detailed summary of this trip from SeaDemon. Thanks bro.

Reading your intro i knew immediately that you have yet to overcome your regret for not having your camera on board for this so-called-last LOB trip of this season. It was just another one of those unexpected things bound to happen. Of course most of us will want to see a video produced by you but i think exceptionally this time we will let the memories do the job.

It was a superb trip, i am glad to be on board. The Wavebreaker rocks! And what else to say than looking forward to another cruising with all... :)  

hahahaha...u r good too, bro. this time u produce. i watch.

yes, i still haven't gotten over it. lucky for me some people used probably my camera to see what their bum looks like. as we passed pulau hantu, the shots disappeared
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#20  Postby HoleMaster » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:54 pm

eh...i no work..so how?

Kerja Rumah kan ada? ;D
HoleMaster

Topic author

Post Number:#21  Postby SeaDemon » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:24 am

lu ingat wa standard 3?
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#22  Postby anas » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:05 am

nasib baik aku cium je octopus tu... kalau gigit? how?
anas

Topic author

Post Number:#23  Postby faceless_diver » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:38 am

TRIP REPORT PART 2

THANK YOU TO THE DIVERS WHO MADE THIS TRIP A MEMORABLE ONE - A GOOD ENDING TO THE DIVE SEASON'S LAST LOB TRIP

1. Comrade (a.k.a Mr Lowered - organiser and court jester cum biyatch of the trip)
8. Sam Soul (Man-turned-biyatch [a.k.a Bee..short for Baby]..definitely not the person we know this trip)
9. Zack (a very entertaining person..despite his macho outdoor activities, he has a feminine side)
15. Baby (DMT kena tipu)
17. Lyanna (Mrs Bookworm...when she's not diving she reads books no other person can comprehend the contents)
18. SeaDemon (the one who writes reports and do boring dives as the camera doesn't work)

THE CREW

4. Kak Zakiah (the resident chef who became the object of desire and age-guessing discussions of the male guests after 2 nights at sea..as usual)

eh..you forgot to include LaraCroft in the list - She's one of the fellowship of the Perampok..*wink*wink*
faceless_diver

Topic author

Post Number:#24  Postby Jim » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:40 am

just came back from the trip with katakpink et.al. .. ai say lah man.. katakpink never needed rumah urut ah choi.. cos dia sudah bawak sendiri punya tukang urut  :-X

...... & becoz of that, he berpura-pura demamlah, cannot equalize lah, pening2 lah....hehehehe
Jim

Topic author

Post Number:#25  Postby SeaDemon » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:50 am

Alamak....my bad. Bila nampak dah cukup 18 names, so I tot enuff oledi. Sorry la Lara.
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#26  Postby SeaDemon » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:51 am

...... & becoz of that, he berpura-pura demamlah, cannot equalize lah, pening2 lah....hehehehe

What cannot equalise? He was there with me at 17m yesterday...
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#27  Postby SeaDemon » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:03 pm

15. Baby (DMT kena tipu)
19. Laracroft (almost a crew member already..if she's not married to one yet in return for 10 dive trips) - nama tertinggal sebab comrade kata ada 18 orang on board..so bila cukup 18 terus tak masuk dah additional name.

THE CREW

SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#28  Postby HoleMaster » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:57 pm

lu ingat wa standard 3?

aisey brader not that la...but cuci rumah, gardening, cuci equipment ;D
HoleMaster

Topic author

Post Number:#29  Postby SeaDemon » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:05 pm

cuci equipment aje la...the rest I pay people to do 8-)
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#30  Postby katakpink » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:17 pm

haaa...ye la tuuu....last2 DM Wannabe pun kene selsema gak
katakpink

Topic author

Next

Return to Live-onboards