MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - tioman, prior to monsoon dive...

tioman, prior to monsoon dive...

You can upload photos to the forum when you make your post. Click on "Attachments and Other Options" for the upload box.

tioman, prior to monsoon dive...

Post Number:#1  Postby deepblu » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:38 pm

more pix, for more critics

;D

@ soyak island

@ salang jetty

(first time using the camera - set at f8, shutter 1/500.)

hawksbill @ renggis

@ labas

wassup, croc! (night dive, salang jetty)
deepblu

Topic author

Re: tioman, prior to monsoon dive...

Post Number:#2  Postby bobo » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:04 pm

Nice shots. angle pun cantik...exposure ok la boleh improve, constrain sebab satu je kan..tak pe, ada cara nampak jadi dua... dont use fast shutter, try guna slow sket around 1/60 and below. so xposure tak harsh sangat. anyway, gambar ko memang cun.
bobo

Topic author

Post Number:#3  Postby deepblu » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:30 pm

Nice shots. angle pun cantik...exposure ok la boleh improve, constrain sebab satu je kan..tak pe, ada cara nampak jadi dua... dont use fast shutter, try guna slow sket around 1/60 and below. so xposure tak harsh sangat. anyway, gambar ko memang cun.

thx bro.

if i use a slower shutter, what should the fstop be?

not to mention, the flash power (at that time, it was set at half - on the camera)
deepblu

Topic author

Post Number:#4  Postby bobo » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:12 pm

u have to bracket, i cant give u exact combination, u have to do a lot of dive and with a finger snap, you'll know the combination.

easiest way is to use a shutter priroty on the camera, set  to 1/60 and let the camera justify the apature for you.

but for manual, the sea condition also affect the exposure so, you should have to know the best combination and start bracketing from there.

for me, if i use 1/60 sometimes it can be f16, f22 or somtimes f5.6 for wide. celing it at f5.6 if still low light, push down the shutter and high up the strobe power to near 1 or full power.

but u still have to doit yourself for manual exposure.

happy trying.
bobo

Topic author

Return to Underwater Photography