MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - advise on twin tank setup

advise on twin tank setup

Intrigued & interested in diving mixed gas, decompression diving, multiple tanks? Drop in here to find out moreā€¦..

advise on twin tank setup

Post Number:#1  Postby abyss » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:20 pm

hi techie2 at MUW,
nak korang punya advise tentang setup twin tank ni. untuk info, primary regulator is on left shoulder side and backup right shoulder side. please give some feedback. tq
(note: kalau gambar yang aku hostkan korang tak bole tengok, sorryla pasal ini 1st time aku upload gambar kat forum ni :$)

Free Image Hosting at <!-- w --><a class=www.ImageShack.us" border="0"/>
abyss
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Re: advise on twin tank setup

Post Number:#2  Postby Nizaha » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:49 am

Since I'm pretty much free now, Let meet somewhere.. I'll get your setup right. how about that? just a cup of coffee..

Safe diving
Zaha
Equipment can go to those depths, but your body might not be able to..
Nizaha
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#3  Postby bijan » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:36 am

Note:abyss, please use english as the medium in forum..provide translation if u'll be writing in any other languange..this is to ensure that even international readers will be able to understand the context in the forum

"How to upload/post pictures" tutorial
Last edited by bijan on Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Strength is not the attitude of knowing everything, but rather an acceptance of everything"
bijan
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#4  Postby HoleMaster » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:20 am

My setup. Followed GUE.
http://www.gue.com/?q=en/Equipment/Config/index.html

First Stage Right Tank (Shoulder): Long hose with primary second stage+Low Pressure hose for BCD inflator
First Stage Left Tank (Shoulder): Short hose with secondary second stage+Pressure Gauge
Rilek la bai...agak2 la diving. Kang tersekat kat lubang susah plak
HoleMaster
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#5  Postby aquaholic » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:04 am

In addition to HoleMaster's comments on which hose should go to which first stage,
- orientate/rotate the first stages such that all hoses will protude downwards (you will need to use different ports on the first stage), this will make you more streamlined with hoses being vertical rather than horizontal
- ensure you can access/manipulate all knobs while wearing the twins
- din fittings if you can afford it (less confusion with a-clamp knobs in case you need to isolate in an emergency)

just my 2 bits
aquaholic
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#6  Postby abyss » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:43 pm

Nizaha wrote:
Since I'm pretty much free now, Let meet somewhere.. I'll get your setup right. how about that? just a cup of coffee..

Safe diving
Zaha

thanks for the invitation. but staying in PD and working and diving :) makes it impossible for us to meet for the time being. so how long will you stay in MALAYSIA. maybe next time we can meet. and for your info i have dive solo (beach dive) with this setup last sunday at Tanjung Tuan (Cape Rachado) and man.. tell you how heavy and exhausting i have to carry and walk  to the dive site and get familiar with this setup.
as i in the water, i have some difficulty as the tank keep leaning to right and left. the dive last about 60 minute at 30 feet.
any advise how to keep the tank in place with my head up position.
cheers.
abyss
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#7  Postby abyss » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:55 pm

bijan wrote:Image

Note:abyss, please use english as the medium in forum..provide translation if u'll be writing in any other languange..this is to ensure that even international readers will be able to understand the context in the forum

"How to upload/post pictures" tutorial

thanks bijan for upload directly those picture in this forum. as my quote in malay, is that i had too much sambal belacan and petai that makes me difficult to write and translate in english ;). and as the MUW mascot are wearing kain pelikat, so im using bahasa as my medium in this forum. hehehe... :D
abyss
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#8  Postby bijan » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:51 pm

abyss wrote:;). and as the MUW mascot are wearing kain pelikat, so im using bahasa as my medium in this forum. hehehe... :D

even the mascot is trying his best to converse in english in here..right seasir?
"Strength is not the attitude of knowing everything, but rather an acceptance of everything"
bijan
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#9  Postby Nizaha » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:45 pm

abyss wrote:
Nizaha wrote:

Safe diving
Zaha

thanks for the invitation. but staying in PD and working and diving :) makes it impossible for us to meet for the time being. so how long will you stay in MALAYSIA. maybe next time we can meet. and for your info i have dive solo (beach dive) with this setup last sunday at Tanjung Tuan (Cape Rachado) and man.. tell you how heavy and exhausting i have to carry and walk  to the dive site and get familiar with this setup.
as i in the water, i have some difficulty as the tank keep leaning to right and left. the dive last about 60 minute at 30 feet.
any advise how to keep the tank in place with my head up position.
cheers.

You should have told me you're from PD. I was there last week. My parents are from there. :) :) :) :). Alu 80 still ok compare to me I normally carry steel tank diving around Canada.

Safe Diving
Zaha
Equipment can go to those depths, but your body might not be able to..
Nizaha
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#10  Postby aquaholic » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:16 am

Solution to tanks moving - adjust your shoulder straps tighter, allow for only 2 or 3 fingers gap.
aquaholic
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Return to Technical Diving