MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Can Ladies become technical Divers?

Can Ladies become technical Divers?

Intrigued & interested in diving mixed gas, decompression diving, multiple tanks? Drop in here to find out moreā€¦..

Can Ladies become technical Divers?

Post Number:#1  Postby shazay » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:36 pm

hi sifus'..... well i've met and know a couple of guys going for their technical diving course, so m curious, can ladies take up the course and be a technical diver too?? is it an advisable job path for ladies?
Last edited by shazay on Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shazay
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topic author

Re: Can Ladies become a technical Diver?

Post Number:#2  Postby bijan » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:53 pm

shaz..have a look at this website..http://www.wdhof.org/index2.shtml

look at the "member roster"..some of them are even commercial divers beb..

or maybe u can have this article a read

Women and Tech Diving by kapalselam.org
"Strength is not the attitude of knowing everything, but rather an acceptance of everything"
bijan
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Can Ladies become technical Divers?

Post Number:#3  Postby John F SeaDemon » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:55 pm

Yes, ladies can become technical divers.

But technical diving does not give you any job except if you are a tech diving instructor or divemaster...like Ayesha Cantrell who is a tech instructor based in Phuket. Our own member, Quero, is another female diver who has also gone tech.

Job path? That is commercial diving.

I think there are women doing commercial diving. Then again, I could be wrong. Maybe Snafu can give a better answer for that.
-If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying-
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#4  Postby putradiver » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:09 pm

yes, ladies can  take up tech diving and the requirements are the same.  Fit to dive phisically and mentally and also discipline right attitude although it is not for everybody including guys.  In the carreer wise, it is the same as the normal recreational diving, the only thing difference, it takes you to a deeper level (certification and experience limits).  If you want more than this, then go for commercial diving.
putradiver
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#5  Postby Snafu » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:22 pm

Hi Shazy,

Yes you can take up technical diving, infact there are many female technical diver & few of them hold ranks amongs the top guys.

Used to be a problem for female as the equipment are heavy but with technology nowdays the problem are gone....still heavy but you can manage it...ie. as female you dont need to carry 12L twins, you can even go for 8L twins or 10L twins with 300Bar charge pressure.

The advantage for female are their smaller lung compare to male .... Male need big cylinder & female can make do with smaller unit.

As for making a career out of Tech diving, you would have to go up to Instructor level & you can be the 1st Female Technical instructor in Malaysia & Singapore....it will be awesome in my opinion.

I have always wanted to see more female technical diver, my friend Ms. Irene P. from Kapal Selam are one of them & Ms. Reiko from Japan. I dont see any reason for you not doing it, as long as you are certified Fit for Diving by Hyperbaric Doctor & have positive diving attitude.

Who knows, you might be the one to inspire more female to take up Technical diving

As for being a Commercial diver, there are few female commercial divers around & they do the inspection work underwater. Mostly are from Western & Eastern country ... even Australia for fish farming & archeologists.

You can be the 1st female commercial diver with proper commercial diving license, be it archeologist or inspection diver.

We can always talk more about it if you are interested & feel free to ask about it.

:D
Some people are only ALIVE because it's against the law to KILL them...really!!!
Snafu
Administrator
Administrator

Post Number:#6  Postby Ah Phoi » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:32 am

shazay...

Thanks for bringing this up. I was looking for the information too. We have all the sifus here that can teach us and provide all the information required.

About ur question in tioman the other day, let's do it on Dec. I've discussed with katak and my answer is yes.  :-*
The world isn't respectable: it is mortal, tormented, confused, deluded forever;
But it's shot through with beauty, with love, with glints of courage and laughter; And in these, my spirits blossom
Ah Phoi
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#7  Postby shazay » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:39 am

Ah Phoi wrote:shazay...

About ur question in tioman the other day, let's do it on Dec. I've discussed with katak and my answer is yes.  :-*

hmmm... now i'm wondering what i've actually asked u.... :D :D kidding.. dec? can we?
during monsoon season wor...
shazay
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#8  Postby Snafu » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:13 am

Female Technical Diver....you can do it!!!

http://www.starfishtng.com/about.htm

http://www.goredsea.com/en_magazine-arc ... =april2003

Let me know if you want MORE ... hahahahaha

Some people are only ALIVE because it's against the law to KILL them...really!!!
Snafu
Administrator
Administrator

Post Number:#9  Postby Nizaha » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:32 am

Yes, Women can be tech divers as well.. the number going up every years, that for sure..

Safe diving

Zaha
Equipment can go to those depths, but your body might not be able to..
Nizaha
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#10  Postby shazay » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:59 pm

Snafu wrote:Female Technical Diver....you can do it!!!

http://www.starfishtng.com/about.htm

http://www.goredsea.com/en_magazine-arc ... =april2003

Let me know if you want MORE ... hahahahaha

tang qu tang qu sifu.. am looking thru the site @ d mom....
will ajak for TT for some discussion... k!  ;)
Last edited by shazay on Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shazay
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topic author

Return to Technical Diving