MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - AL 80 double Tank !

AL 80 double Tank !

Intrigued & interested in diving mixed gas, decompression diving, multiple tanks? Drop in here to find out more…..

Re: AL 80 double Tank !

Post Number:#31  Postby dp » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:39 pm

SuperKingKong® wrote:
DeepBuluBawahColekGigi wrote:Hehe.. if u did the "jiggy", we would have to call u Will Zaha Smith.  ;)

mucho thanks for the explanation, bro.

what is the 'jiggy' u r talking abt? why u need that?
thanks

:D :D :D

lemme try to give you a "i hap no propessional training" explanation...

When you dive using a U-shaped wing, the air distribution within bladder isnt spread evenly, due to the design itself. The only way for the air to move to the right side of the wing from the left is thru the "U" part of the wing.

By doing the "jiggy" - tilting your body sideways, downwards, upwards (tho not in that order)- u will ensure that the air gets evenly distributed and u wont go senget (lopsided) underwater ler.

In the doughnut design, air will have two means of distributing itself - thru the top (near ur 1st stage) and bottom (near ur.. er... bottom).

Technical Sifus, do slap me on the wrist if what i wrote here is misleading. ;)
One woman brings you into this world crying.
The other ensures you continue to do so for the rest of your life...
dp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#32  Postby Snafu » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:02 am

Then again a lot of the deep diving & world record diving are done on the U-Shape bladder B-)

[-( Is it the bladder or the diver?

:D
Some people are only ALIVE because it's against the law to KILL them...really!!!
Snafu
Administrator
Administrator

Post Number:#33  Postby Nizaha » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:38 am

Why I keep miss the thread.. :angry4: :angry4: :angry4:

You guys genius !!

Zaha
Equipment can go to those depths, but your body might not be able to..
Nizaha
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#34  Postby SuperKingKong® » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:59 am

thanks for the explanation, deepblue... errr..BawahColekGigi  :D

then again.. as what snafu said.. hmm wondering why those ppl prefer it  :D.. and somemore.. designed by larry green itself
cheers...
"Dive Like Hell & You'll Be There" (it's so true... i personally have experienced it)
SuperKingKong®
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Post Number:#35  Postby Nizaha » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:52 am

Add here.

Donut wing more cell circles the tank( Halcyon Evolve, most Oxycheck wing), has more streamline profile then other double wing on the market.Donut wing will cuts through the water with less drag and greater efficiency.

U wing(most common wing in the market eg: DR classic wing or Halcyon Explorer or OMS Larry green)  design more appopriate for a wider range of gear configurations, will matching with any dive enviroment wher double are required.

Safe diving
Zaha
Nizaha
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#36  Postby dp » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:09 am

Nizaha wrote:
U wing(most common wing in the market eg: DR classic wing or Halcyon Explorer or OMS Larry green)  design more appopriate for a wider range of gear configurations, will matching with any dive enviroment wher double are required.

What sort of dive environment are there, bro? Does it apply to warm water diving?
dp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#37  Postby Nizaha » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:17 am

DeepBuluBawahColekGigi wrote:
Nizaha wrote:

What sort of dive environment are there, bro? Does it apply to warm water diving?

drysuit, steel tank in cold water, also apply with warm water such as caves, ocean and etc..
Nizaha
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#38  Postby SuperKingKong® » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:05 am

isn't the U shape wing and the horseshoe wing will have the similar "jiggling" air problem? since both also have "1-way-traffic"?
cheers...
"Dive Like Hell & You'll Be There" (it's so true... i personally have experienced it)
SuperKingKong®
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Post Number:#39  Postby dp » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:16 pm

Nizaha wrote:
Nizaha wrote:

drysuit, steel tank in cold water, also apply with warm water such as caves, ocean and etc..

U-design wing for caves?

I would have thought the doughnut design would have been more suitable, with the superior streamlining etc.

And when u sed wider range of gear configuration, do you mean rebreathers, dry suit etc?

SuperKingKong® wrote:isn't the U shape wing and the horseshoe wing will have the similar "jiggling" air problem? since both also have "1-way-traffic"?

i would assume so, bro. Dont think its actually a "problem" tho, having to do the jiggy-a-majiggy thingy to evenly distribute the air. Like brader Nizaha sed, it depends on what sort of diving conditions u wanna do wif them wings.
dp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#40  Postby Sicko » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:33 pm

It all comes down to the preference of the diver himself/herself.

All bladders primary purpose is to provide lift to enable the diver to stay neutral at depth.

It's like buying a car. 4WD? 2WD? 2000cc? 1600cc? Honda? Mitsubishi? Subaru? etc...........

Which one to buy? It depends on the diver, the type of diving, the equipment config, diver preference.......
Anyone can do a dive to 100m or more.....
But how many will return alive???
Sicko
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#41  Postby MT_Tanc » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:57 pm

ah,now i know.i tot wing/bladder use on surface oni. :)
A good woman will do 70 chores around the house. Cooking and 69
MT_Tanc
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#42  Postby Nizaha » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:01 am

BuluDalam wrote:
Nizaha wrote:
Nizaha wrote:

U-design wing for caves?

I would have thought the doughnut design would have been more suitable, with the superior streamlining etc.

And when u sed wider range of gear configuration, do you mean rebreathers, dry suit etc?

SuperKingKong® wrote:isn't the U shape wing and the horseshoe wing will have the similar "jiggling" air problem? since both also have "1-way-traffic"?

i would assume so, bro. Dont think its actually a "problem" tho, having to do the jiggy-a-majiggy thingy to evenly distribute the air. Like brader Nizaha sed, it depends on what sort of diving conditions u wanna do wif them wings.

Depends on diver, Some prefer donut wing and some U shape wing. For me if I'll be diving in Malaysia soon, I'll be diving with Double Al80 with 45lb max lift.. in here right now. 55lb( I own donut and U sharpe wing) does'nt matter for me.

Safe diving
Zaha
Nizaha
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topic author

Previous

Return to Technical Diving