MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - backup Dive lights

backup Dive lights

Intrigued & interested in diving mixed gas, decompression diving, multiple tanks? Drop in here to find out more…..

backup Dive lights

Post Number:#1  Postby SuperKingKong® » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:46 am

Yo tec divers..

read somewhere that... those normal 4 AA dive lights are not up to tec diver standard of backup dive light.. for those tec divers.. they will use something like the Halcyon Scout , oxycheq.. dive rite, bla bla bla.. which is about USD$100 for backup lights  :o

they want something with double o-ring.. delrin body...

for primary light,... needless to say.. it will be those canister light...

if one wants to be a tec diver... does one really need those backup lights?  :-?
cheers...
"Dive Like Hell & You'll Be There" (it's so true... i personally have experienced it)
SuperKingKong®
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author

Re: backup Dive lights

Post Number:#2  Postby John F SeaDemon » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:31 am

Yo tec divers..

read somewhere that... those normal 4 AA dive lights are not up to tec diver standard of backup dive light.. for those tec divers.. they will use something like the Halcyon Scout , oxycheq.. dive rite, bla bla bla.. which is about USD$100 for backup lights  :o

they want something with double o-ring.. delrin body...

for primary light,... needless to say.. it will be those canister light...

if one wants to be a tec diver... does one really need those backup lights?  :-?

It depends on what you plan to do and how deep you plan to go and how deep your pocket is. Canister HID light is on my wish list but not as important as getting my next toy. So for now my primary light is a Princeton Tec Shockwave LED which I find is sufficient for me at depth, my back-up is the normal 4AA and one 2C.
-If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying-
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Technical Diving