MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - SHOOTING VIDEO UNDERWATER

SHOOTING VIDEO UNDERWATER

To embed Youtube videos, just paste the video URL into a single line. Just the URL.

Re: SHOOTING VIDEO UNDERWATER

Post Number:#31  Postby nizaha » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:50 pm

hello there....i'm getting the sony HVR-V1U....any recommendations for underwater housings.?? been looking at the amphibico but abit expensive.....any suggestions.??

Go to Ikelite website.

zaha

got some bad reviews with ikelite video housing......

Yokey.. my second choice is Gates as well
nizaha

Topic author

Post Number:#32  Postby rocket » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:21 pm

hello there....i'm getting the sony HVR-V1U....any recommendations for underwater housings.?? been looking at the amphibico but abit expensive.....any suggestions.??

Go to Ikelite website.

zaha

thanx for the info.....will look it up.....
rocket

Topic author

Post Number:#33  Postby adik » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:20 am

Go to Ikelite website.

zaha

Rocket... The model that you going for is something that I really dream having... The latest HD pro version of FX 7, with latest CMOS Sony chip. As for the housing, Ive got no clue on how the performance will be as this is totally new in the market. Amphibico had came out with the housing, together with the latest improved version of lens that you use for telephoto and Wide Angle. The new lens you will not find vignete at the corner of the frame unlike the FX 1 and Z1. Slighly smaller housing comparing to FXZ1 housing. Big investment.  
adik

Topic author

Post Number:#34  Postby rocket » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:16 am

Go to Ikelite website.

zaha

Rocket... The model that you going for is something that I really dream having... The latest HD pro version of FX 7, with latest CMOS Sony chip. As for the housing, Ive got no clue on how the performance will be as this is totally new in the market. Amphibico had came out with the housing, together with the latest improved version of lens that you use for telephoto and Wide Angle. The new lens you will not find vignete at the corner of the frame unlike the FX 1 and Z1. Slighly smaller housing comparing to FXZ1 housing. Big investment.  

yeah a very big investment indeed...maybe you can show me how to really use it when/if i get it....... ;D
rocket

Topic author

Post Number:#35  Postby Adzri » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:28 pm

Rocket... Should you need further assistance .. Jet let me know
Adzri
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#36  Postby babyFin » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:03 pm

itikuek, take more of my pics (i mean video me) hehehee..
in order for u to practice it.  :D
anyway, best of luck..

:angel8: :angel8: :angel8:
[font=Lucida Calligraphy]First mistake to be learned, Second mistake is because of stupidity..
[/font]
babyFin
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#37  Postby Ery » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:05 pm

adik wrote:Rocket... Should you need further assistance .. Jet let me know

i need one olso bro....hehehe  :glasses9:
Ery
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#38  Postby Adzri » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:20 pm

Davy Jones wrote:

Davy ??? if you interested to try on U/W videography just let me know ... we can try in the pool.

regardless using a video setup or a compact camera as long it has a video mode.

Want to try ??? 
Adzri
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#39  Postby Ery » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:28 pm

adik wrote:
Davy Jones wrote:

Davy ??? if you interested to try on U/W videography just let me know ... we can try in the pool.

Want to try ??? 

ooohh...u are so wonderful and powderful laa bro.
next pool session, lets give it a try. cheers!  ;)
Ery
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#40  Postby Adzri » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:40 pm

Rocket ... How is the setup going ??? Can let me try??? hahahahah
Adzri
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#41  Postby Yan » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:49 pm

adik wrote:Rocket ... How is the setup going ??? Can let me try??? hahahahah

setup is looking good.....try..buleh anytime boss....you the master.... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
of all the things that i have lost....i miss my mind the most
Yan
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#42  Postby Ozfish » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:38 pm

hey rocket if ever u intend to sell ur new video cam system lock stock & barrel...u'd know there is a firm bidder here....hehehehe. Atomic can let go to u at special price if u remembert in future...haha
Ozfish
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#43  Postby babyFin » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:52 pm

adik wrote:Davy ??? if you interested to try on U/W videography just let me know ... we can try in the pool.

Want to try ??? 

waa..realy ar? as long got video mode can oledi?? hmm.. davy, later can take me as the heroin la, so i can do more action..underwater.. hehehee..  :D
[font=Lucida Calligraphy]First mistake to be learned, Second mistake is because of stupidity..
[/font]
babyFin
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#44  Postby Yan » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:43 am

Ozfish wrote:hey rocket if ever u intend to sell ur new video cam system lock stock & barrel...u'd know there is a firm bidder here....hehehehe. Atomic can let go to u at special price if u remembert in future...haha

no problem boss.....heheh atomic tu biler buleh angkat.....? hehehehe
Yan
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#45  Postby babyFin » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:15 am

is it so difficult to shoot underwater?? seems to seen like easy..
[/font]
babyFin
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#46  Postby Adzri » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:28 am

babyFiN wrote:is it so difficult to shoot underwater?? seems to seen like easy..

Yes its very easy.. but need some plan and training. Do you want to learn Baby Fin ???

At least you can shoot me!!!  ;) ;) ;)
Adzri
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#47  Postby babyFin » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:30 am

adik wrote:Yes its very easy.. but need some plan and training. Do you want to learn Baby Fin ???

hey, why not..but have to use urs first la.. hahahhaa..
shoot u?? should not be a problemo.. then u have to be the hero im the director and then u direct and me as the heroin..  :D :D :D ok?

[/font]
babyFin
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#48  Postby Adzri » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:02 pm

babyFiN wrote:
adik wrote:Yes its very easy.. but need some plan and training. Do you want to learn Baby Fin ???

shoot u?? should not be a problemo.. then u have to be the hero im the director and then u direct and me as the heroin..  :D :D :D ok?

BF. Since you are talking about directing U/W. I want to share some intersting facts.

Do you know why UW videography is very unique? the videographer himself/herself will be doing the planning , shooting , calling all the shot on which angle to shoot and sometimes editing.

In top side(onland). we can see there is a producer, director, director of photography and bla,bla,bla. This is not happening at all underwater.

So bringing down a camera with me is a totally mind blowing activity. Because I need to be alert, study the marine life pattern & behaviour, the divers I need to shoot, the source of lights, the angles of the shots, the water conditions, Bouyancy (very the important) and many more. So in the other word, I direct the whole lot. Im calling the shot.

So isnt this FUN????? Doing everything ????  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Anybody, want to try in the pool ?????????????????

Adzri
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#49  Postby Yan » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:01 pm

adik wrote:
babyFiN wrote:

BF. Since you are talking about directing U/W. I want to share some intersting facts.

Do you know why UW videography is very unique? the videographer himself/herself will be doing the planning , shooting , calling all the shot on which angle to shoot and sometimes editing.

In top side(onland). we can see there is a producer, director, director of photography and bla,bla,bla. This is not happening at all underwater.

So bringing down a camera with me is a totally mind blowing activity. Because I need to be alert, study the marine life pattern & behaviour, the divers I need to shoot, the source of lights, the angles of the shots, the water conditions, Bouyancy (very the important) and many more. So in the other word, I direct the whole lot. Im calling the shot.

haiyo adik...now you tell me...hahahaha yeah...you are rite.....1001 things to think about....it's all on the camera operator...well....but kalau best like your manta video....it's all on you too....high risk....high return... so when is the next pool session....hehehe tiba tiba panik pulak....
Yan
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#50  Postby Adzri » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:22 pm

RoCKET wrote:
adik wrote:
babyFiN wrote:

haiyo adik...now you tell me...hahahaha yeah...you are rite.....1001 things to think about....it's all on the camera operator...well....but kalau best like your manta video....it's all on you too....high risk....high return... so when is the next pool session....hehehe tiba tiba panik pulak....

Me too mate !!!! Always learning about the camera everytime I go down!!! There are to many considerations that make this hobby interesting.
Adzri
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#51  Postby Yan » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:26 pm

adik wrote:
RoCKET wrote:
adik wrote:
babyFiN wrote:

Me too mate !!!! Always learning about the camera everytime I go down!!! There are to many considerations that make this hobby interesting.

yup i agree.....next time we go down.....we ask babyFiN jadik model......baru la semangat sikit...hahahaha
Yan
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#52  Postby Adzri » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:30 pm

RoCKET wrote:
adik wrote:
RoCKET wrote:
adik wrote:
babyFiN wrote:

yup i agree.....next time we go down.....we ask babyFiN jadik model......baru la semangat sikit...hahahaha

emmmm !!! CAN ... BF are you game??
Adzri
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#53  Postby babyFin » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:24 am

adik wrote:
RoCKET wrote:yup i agree.....next time we go down.....we ask babyFiN jadik model......baru la semangat sikit...hahahaha

anything for u..  :D :D sure can la..props i have to bring myself ar? hehehee.. then the saying have to twist a bit la.. instead of 'the man behind the camera".. to "those behind and infrontof the camera"..  ;)
[/font]
babyFin
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#54  Postby Yan » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:20 pm

babyFiN wrote:
adik wrote:
RoCKET wrote:yup i agree.....next time we go down.....we ask babyFiN jadik model......baru la semangat sikit...hahahaha

anything for u..  :D :D sure can la..props i have to bring myself ar? hehehee.. then the saying have to twist a bit la.. instead of 'the man behind the camera".. to "those behind and infrontof the camera"..  ;)
:angel8: :angel8: :angel8: props..?? hmmmm like different only....(lain macam je ni)
Yan
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#55  Postby Adzri » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:43 am

RoCKET wrote:
babyFiN wrote:
adik wrote:

:angel8: :angel8: :angel8: props..?? hmmmm like different only....(lain macam je ni)

You dont have to bring props la BF, as long you are relax and cool will do . What the viewer want to see is a cool diver in thier TV screen, nothing more.

To me the problem of shooting talent is that divers are unpredictable. Very difficult to understand the pattern and behaviour UW. A good video must have a synergy between both the videographer and the talent.  ;) ;) ;) ;)
Adzri
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#56  Postby Yan » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:46 am

adik wrote:
RoCKET wrote:
babyFiN wrote:
adik wrote:

You dont have to bring props la BF, as long you are relax and cool will do . What the viewer want to see is a cool diver in thier TV screen, nothing more.

To me the problem of shooting talent is that divers are unpredictable. Very difficult to understand the pattern and behaviour UW. A good video must have a synergy between both the videographer and the talent.  ;) ;) ;) ;)

i'm sure babyFIN would do just fine.....she very talented one......hahahahhaha
Yan
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#57  Postby babyFin » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:49 am

RoCKET wrote:
babyFiN wrote:
adik wrote:

props..?? hmmmm like different only....(lain macam je ni)

waa..u realy can read my mind la rocket!  :D
[/font]
babyFin
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#58  Postby babyFin » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:53 am

adik wrote:
RoCKET wrote:
babyFiN wrote:
adik wrote:

wallaaa..to make presentation better and more exciting maa..  :D
and if thats the case, we have to hang out together gether more la, due to have a good understanding wit u..  ;)

Last edited by babyFin on Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
[/font]
babyFin
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#59  Postby babyFin » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:59 am

RoCKET wrote:
adik wrote:
RoCKET wrote:
babyFiN wrote:
adik wrote:

:la: :la: :la: :la: :la:
hehehee..rocket oso notty ar.. :D

[/font]
babyFin
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#60  Postby Yan » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:05 am

babyFin wrote:
RoCKET wrote:
adik wrote:
RoCKET wrote:
babyFiN wrote:
adik wrote:

:la: :la: :la: :la: :la:
hehehee..rocket oso notty ar.. :D

hahahah notty..?? i dont get what you are trying to say my dear..... :angel8: :angel8: ;)
Yan
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

PreviousNext

Return to Underwater Video