MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Perhentian Ad-Hoc Trip 5-6 May 2007

Perhentian Ad-Hoc Trip 5-6 May 2007

To embed Youtube videos, just paste the video URL into a single line. Just the URL.

Perhentian Ad-Hoc Trip 5-6 May 2007

Post Number:#1  Postby SeaDemon » Mon May 21, 2007 1:03 pm

Yeah..am watching the video now. I've made a web version which is about 9MB in size but have yet to upload it...line's been slow since last night for some reason...Zimm's complaining the same.

Oh well, guess for now I'll have to enjoy alone watching Nazimkecik, Deepblu, Mocha, Leafbug and Bubble Trouble diving  ;D
SeaDemon

Topic author

Re: Perhentian Ad-Hoc Trip 5-6 May 2007

Post Number:#2  Postby ironore » Mon May 21, 2007 1:05 pm

siut jer  >:(
ironore

Topic author

Post Number:#3  Postby SeaDemon » Mon May 21, 2007 3:49 pm

Yo peeps! The Perhentian Video for the 5-6 May 2007 is finally up and running.

This video is over 5 minutes long, 9MB plus in size, and features macho MUW divers like Deepblu, Mocha, Nazimkecik, Leafbug, and Mr Maggi Commercial Diver himself.

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKh5aMJyEyI

The video was taken using my Nikon Coolpix 4200 digital camera in a WP-CP2 housing.

Comments please. [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#4  Postby ironore » Mon May 21, 2007 4:17 pm

ha ha cheers SD for sharing the vid....

but which one is DB can't see her la  ;D
ironore

Topic author

Post Number:#5  Postby SeaDemon » Mon May 21, 2007 4:56 pm

DB wasn't there la...she worked weekends until last Saturday, remember? :P
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#6  Postby deepblu » Mon May 21, 2007 6:08 pm

SD, next time, do let us know when u are filming us - give me time to suck in my tummy

;D ;D ;D

Nice one, bro
deepblu

Topic author

Post Number:#7  Postby SeaDemon » Mon May 21, 2007 6:12 pm

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#8  Postby zimm » Mon May 21, 2007 6:18 pm

sori bro......will watch once i get into ofis......my home line is so so very slow :'( :(
zimm

Topic author

Post Number:#9  Postby nazimkecik » Mon May 21, 2007 6:20 pm

as always bro..cool video!!!! ;)
nazimkecik

Topic author

Post Number:#10  Postby GOD » Mon May 21, 2007 6:21 pm

Thanks for the sneak preview bro .... muahahahahahahaahahaaa

;D
GOD

Topic author

Post Number:#11  Postby SeaDemon » Mon May 21, 2007 6:22 pm

Snafu bro...this weekend over dinner we watch the high quality version  ;)

Nazim bro...hehehe. Going techno now. ::)
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#12  Postby adik » Mon May 21, 2007 6:48 pm

Nice camera works and editing,  SD ;D ;D

The actors/ talents also like real actors.  ;) ;) ;)

Got some ah!!!! Non actor can get one copy tak???
adik

Topic author

Post Number:#13  Postby HoleMaster » Mon May 21, 2007 10:52 pm

Without fail and as always "Cool Video" u hv there SD ;)
HoleMaster

Topic author

Post Number:#14  Postby SeaDemon » Mon May 21, 2007 11:37 pm

Thanks Adik. Coming from you, that's a real compliment. I'm just an amature and using a cheap Nikon Coolpix 4200 digital camera..hehehe. So picture jerking cos captured at 25fps, but I rendered at 30fps. Furthermore, it's a light camera so there is no stability.

You want a copy? Can. We have teh tarik, just bring a thumbdrive.
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#15  Postby SeaDemon » Mon May 21, 2007 11:38 pm

Without fail and as always "Cool Video" u hv there SD ;)

Haha..thanks bro.
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#16  Postby adik » Tue May 22, 2007 12:35 am

Thanks Adik. Coming from you, that's a real compliment. I'm just an amature and using a cheap Nikon Coolpix 4200 digital camera..hehehe. So picture jerking cos captured at 25fps, but I rendered at 30fps. Furthermore, it's a light camera so there is no stability.

You want a copy? Can. We have teh tarik, just bring a thumbdrive.

Being able to produce a short clips like this is really satifying kan??? The process in making it done is really enjoying since its difficult to do so lots of trial and error. But once it done, happy gila ni bro.

I really enjoy myself shoot and then edit. Susah gila but fun.

Camera not important, but the veriety shoots you did made it not boring to watch. This is something Im lack of, veriety of shots, unlikes yours you covers all the requirements in videography.

Bro .. if you have some tricks pass2 la sikit..    

adik

Topic author

Post Number:#17  Postby SeaDemon » Tue May 22, 2007 12:45 am

It is satisfying..very. I have two methods of doing a video. One is to listen to a pre-selected song, visualise the scenes, write the storyboard, then go shoot the scenes.

The second method is to shoot whatever, then go home and view all the rushes, then listen to a few songs, get into the right mood, then look for the shots that fit the mood.

I prefer music videos because they act as fillers...not too short, not too long. I don't like video shots of dive trips where the whole tape lasts an hour and 12 songs were used...because the "mood-continuity" might be lost when the song changes.

Let's meet up la...after my tech training trip this weekend. ;) I can learn a few things from you too.
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#18  Postby spazm » Tue May 22, 2007 12:57 am

Now I know what I have missed... :'(

Always loved our MUW cameraman..:)..he makes great videos..:) even with just a Coolpix 4200..
spazm

Topic author

Post Number:#19  Postby SeaDemon » Tue May 22, 2007 1:21 am

Always loved our MUW cameraman..:)..he makes great videos..:) even with just a Coolpix 4200..

Bro..I haven't gone thru the shots I took of our dive trip to Perhentian with Mocha and Ironore...I might come out with a video of it soon too  ;D
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#20  Postby adik » Tue May 22, 2007 2:03 am

It is satisfying..very. I have two methods of doing a video. One is to listen to a pre-selected song, visualise the scenes, write the storyboard, then go shoot the scenes.

The second method is to shoot whatever, then go home and view all the rushes, then listen to a few songs, get into the right mood, then look for the shots that fit the mood.

I prefer music videos because they act as fillers...not too short, not too long. I don't like video shots of dive trips where the whole tape lasts an hour and 12 songs were used...because the "mood-continuity" might be lost when the song changes.

Let's meet up la...after my tech training trip this weekend. ;) I can learn a few things from you too.

The idea of having a storyboard really useful, plan be4 shoot, at least we will not waste the MC/tape and as you said, not to have draggy clips that we will not use at all during editing.

But my true challenges are , marine life as we know are not talents. They moved a lot and sometimes very shy,  end up normally I didnt get the shot that I want. So currently, im still studying and trying to have a better understanding of the marine life behaviour/ pattern. By doing so its easy to shoot them.  

Music as you said is very important, for me I will try edit according to the beat/tempo of the music. Out of two method you mentioned earlier I prefer the second one... I work backwards meaning Shoot first then think about the content with the Footages Ive got.

Im still learning how to Edit... Susah nak mampus. What software are you using SD???
Ppl taking degree to be an editer and here we are looking at the monitor for hours wondering how to use the software.   :-/ :-/ :-/

Ive got long way to go man ...Baru Alip Ba Tha. Maybe we can sit down among MUW members and learn from each other one day.  
adik

Topic author

Post Number:#21  Postby SeaDemon » Tue May 22, 2007 2:28 am

The first ever video I did was like that....actually a mix of both methods. I had all the rushes, listened to a song and find out what other scenes that might fit into the video...then I do another trip immediately just to shoot those missing scenes.

Whatever rushes that I have, I make two CD copies of the rushes and store them...just in case I can use in some other videos in the future. But so far I only use the shots done during one particular trip and produce a video of the trip.

As for software, I'm using an Adobe Premier...original imitation. I always go for original stuff...even if imitated. ;D

I'm like you too...trial and error. No formal training on the software. Until now I haven't tried some of the buttons. ;D ;D
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#22  Postby adik » Tue May 22, 2007 2:48 am

I also use Adobe premier pro ...

I tried ulead be4 but gambar jadi jerky. During capture pun lots of frame missing.
This software very user friendly, easy to edit.. but finished materials not so good.

i-movies also can do the job .. but tak mampu to buy apple... so end up with PC.

Mine also original, price was RM 5.00  ;D ;D ;D

Bro Im off to Saudi Arabia for working trip this Friday. If you have time, can we meet before you go diving.
adik

Topic author

Post Number:#23  Postby SeaDemon » Tue May 22, 2007 3:30 am

I tried ulead be4 but gambar jadi jerky. During capture pun lots of frame missing.
This software very user friendly, easy to edit.. but finished materials not so good.

i-movies also can do the job .. but tak mampu to buy apple... so end up with PC.

Bro Im off to Saudi Arabia for working trip this Friday. If you have time, can we meet before you go diving.

See the how Thursday after 5pm. I should be in Hartamas.
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#24  Postby mocha » Tue May 22, 2007 11:22 am

brapa lama bro?? safe journey!! 8-)
mocha

Topic author

Post Number:#25  Postby ironore » Tue May 22, 2007 11:48 am

Bro..I haven't gone thru the shots I took of our dive trip to Perhentian with Mocha and Ironore...I might come out with a video of it soon too  ;D

waa... that trip oso got video taken meh?

quick lar edit n upload ( if got me in it lar if not don't bother  >:( )

but DB name was mentioned on that video what  ;D
ironore

Topic author

Post Number:#26  Postby deepblu » Tue May 22, 2007 12:03 pm

but DB name was mentioned on that video what  ;D

bro, thats is also the name of the DC's new Divemaster... ;D ;D
deepblu

Topic author

Post Number:#27  Postby ironore » Tue May 22, 2007 1:01 pm

lar yer ke, my apologies DC's new DM  ::)
ironore

Topic author

Post Number:#28  Postby deepblu » Tue May 22, 2007 1:05 pm

lar yer ke, my apologies DC's new DM  ::)

she's the blondie in SD's video.

:)
deepblu

Topic author

Post Number:#29  Postby ironore » Tue May 22, 2007 1:13 pm

aiseh I tot dat's brigit  ;D

cheers
ironore

Topic author

Post Number:#30  Postby adik » Tue May 22, 2007 6:18 pm

brapa lama bro?? safe journey!! 8-)

Maybe one week max 10 days ... Thinking to do some diving in the red sea :o :o
adik

Topic author

Next

Return to Underwater Video