MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Where is the fire???

Where is the fire???

Wanna be a commercial diver? ROV Pilot? Lets’ hear from the people in the industry

Where is the fire???

Post Number:#1  Postby Spazm » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:22 am

Where has all the offshore wannabe gone??

What is going on out there???

Used to have lots of forumer firing questions and asking for jobs..And now we are hearing squat from them. 

Come on!!!
Substance over matter , Diver behind the dive.....
Spazm
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Re: Where is the fire???

Post Number:#2  Postby dp » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:01 pm

This wanabe is nomorewan wor.  :P
One woman brings you into this world crying.
The other ensures you continue to do so for the rest of your life...
dp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#3  Postby shark_fin » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:00 pm

ya..where's all.....
''i love dive life''
shark_fin
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#4  Postby rush. » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:47 pm

i Dont Want  :icon_rr:
rush.
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#5  Postby mocha » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:04 pm

Got jobs for me?????? Bila mau yumcha bro????
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't
mocha
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#6  Postby ironore » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:26 pm

Get together? ok when? Let me know... I wannabe wanna join...  :D
ironore
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#7  Postby taufik » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:18 am

i suppose they all no longer wannabes but already a certified diver now..just wonder how they doing after coming back from the course now..
taufik
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#8  Postby cd » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:37 pm

Hi good morning everyone out there.

The fire is strong here, but need to set the fire bigger to proceed.

Any advices for a person who intends to become a commercial diver from zero knowledge and experience in constructions / engineering and technical jobs.. but with a bit of diving experience (certified owd) few years back?

By just learning ADAS certified Commercial Diving course from australia (TUCT) alone is sufficient to compete with other newly licensed commercial diver getting jobs in this current demanding and competitive commercial diving industry??? [-(
Or shall i take additional course like welding, pipe fitting for some basic construction and technical jobs? [-( [-(

All Commercial Divers and Non Commercial Divers are most welcomed to give some opinions and advices.
*Please do let me know if you are currently a commercial diver when reply......, as i need to understand from you more.......*

Thank you all so much.

Rgds,
CD
cd
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#9  Postby taufik » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:50 am

@cd i am a few of lucky commercial divers who finished my course after oil price crash but somehow manage to secure a job without too long waiting time.however,6 of my coursemate wasnt so lucky n i think hv given up commercial diving for good.few factors  contribute to this issue actually.n in one way or another these factors is related to one another.cheap oil price=stop new exploration=not much new job created=not much demand for divers...which gonna make competition stiffer where u gotta compete with extablished n experienced divers and also the flooding of oversupply of new divers(almost always lured by big salary promise without really understanding the water they just dived into).

but fear not for there still a way.if ur fire is still burning n willing to put in more woods to brighten up ur chances,u can go for CD course,then get urself  DMT cert..and then pour in some more fuel into the fire by getting urself a CSWIP 3.1U inspection ticket.that way ull be better equipped to take the plongee..

as for the other non-diving related course,i dunno how it will help with the securing of ur first few jobs.im almost sure if u take those courses,ull find it handy n got a chance to apply them knowledge into your diving(or much more importantly your on deck perfomance).its a good thing for a diver to be an all-rounders n multi-talented/skilled.

n since these two additional ticket conna cost u quite a handsome sum of ur hard-earned money,maybe u can broaden ur research n see what other "cheaper" alternative to your current plan.the wonder of internet make it so much easier to look for things if you know what u r looking for.so u better get busy.i think the best time to finish your course is when the monsoon season just ended n companies start looking for people for their project.

so,good luck to you(coz u gonna need that one too)
taufik
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#10  Postby oldturtle » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:37 am

heard of an idiot who taught just because he is a Recreational Scuba Instructor , went to answer a job in Port Klang and pissing off several Com.Divers there.

Anyone heard of this ?
oldturtle
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Return to Offshore Diving