MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - CWISP?ADAS? how to i starts...needs help otai2 commercial diver..

CWISP?ADAS? how to i starts...needs help otai2 commercial diver..

Wanna be a commercial diver? ROV Pilot? Lets’ hear from the people in the industry

CWISP or ADAS

CWISP
No votes
ADAS
No votes
HELP
100%

Total votes : 1

CWISP?ADAS? how to i starts...needs help otai2 commercial diver..

Post Number:#1  Postby shark_fin » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:55 pm

salam n hye all...i want ask all urs to know,my question are:

1 - If i straight away to ADAS part1,2,3 is there course include inspection underwater or not?

2 - If i straight away to CWISP 3.1u,3.2u,need or not i doing ADAS part 1,2,3 for me starts commercial diver...

3 - Like wheater work today i see general work is good place,example some one have valid CWISP 3.1u.3.2u and ADAS part 1,2,3 can work in general work in commercial diver...its true???please advice me for this question.

4 - I have topside NDT surface practitioner and experience ohshore and offshore work in NDT Inspector surface.To all experience commercial diver please give me details about my dilemma..huhuhu

Like all urs know,what the ticket most need today in the commercial diver inspection work or others.

And last my question,,,i new to starts diver work...but i'm very interested to join all urs...have all urs know where place almost here,according exp, ADAS doing the course in singapore or malaysia..and what i know only at thailand and uk have conducted 3.1u,3.2u course.Any place all  urs know near here.

dive safe from beginner.....!!!

tq all urs otai divers..
''i love dive life''
shark_fin
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Re: CWISP?ADAS? how to i starts...needs help otai2 commercial diver..

Post Number:#2  Postby salcom » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:40 pm

first im not otai
second im not inspection diver

to answer your question:

1. nope, ADAS does not gives you any inspection certification. It touches the very basic of NDT though

2. Yes. You need to do ADAS. You are confusing between ADAS and CSWIP. ADAS is diving certification and CSWIP is inspection certification.

3. ADAS let you go diving. Without CSWIP, you just do general work. With inspection certification, you get the chance to do inspection of course.

4. I don't understand what are you trying to ask but seriously (no offense), to do 3.1u and 3.2u you need a really good english.
salcom
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#3  Postby necrosis » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:43 pm

shark_fin wrote:salam n hye all...i want ask all urs to know,my question are:

1 - If i straight away to ADAS part1,2,3 is there course include inspection underwater or not?

2 - If i straight away to CWISP 3.1u,3.2u,need or not i doing ADAS part 1,2,3 for me starts commercial diver...

3 - Like wheater work today i see general work is good place,example some one have valid CWISP 3.1u.3.2u and ADAS part 1,2,3 can work in general work in commercial diver...its true???please advice me for this question.

4 - I have topside NDT surface practitioner and experience ohshore and offshore work in NDT Inspector surface.To all experience commercial diver please give me details about my dilemma..huhuhu

Like all urs know,what the ticket most need today in the commercial diver inspection work or others.

And last my question,,,i new to starts diver work...but i'm very interested to join all urs...have all urs know where place almost here,according exp, ADAS doing the course in singapore or malaysia..and what i know only at thailand and uk have conducted 3.1u,3.2u course.Any place all  urs know near here.

dive safe from beginner.....!!!

tq all urs otai divers..

I'll try answer some.

1) ADAS 1, 2 and 3 is a stand alone competency course for underwater works using various techniques from scuba to surface supplied (inshore and offshore). These courses doesn't include proficiency modules and examinations for underwater inspection.  Furthermore, Australian Diver Accreditation Scheme (ADAS) and Certification Scheme for Welding and Inspection Personnel (CSWIP) are two different training and certification agency.

2) As for question 2, that's a bit tricky as you got no prior diving experience. Now, CSWIP-DIV-7-95-Part 1 (Requirements for the Certification of Underwater (Diver) Inspector) - 3rd Edition 2009

states:

Evidence of training/competence - all candidates
Candidates must hold a valid certificate of diver training or competence to HSE surface supplied air diver or higher. - see http://hse.gov.uk/diving/qualifications/

However, it is recognised that certain commercial divers operating in some countries have no formal diver certification and the CISIMC has agreed that such divers should not be debarred from applying to take the CSWIP 3.1u or 3.2u examination so long as they meet the appropriate entry criteria. It has been agreed that a diver without a training certificate as shown above may apply to sit the 3.1u or 3.2u examinations. The applicant should provide confirmation of his experience and competence by detailed letter, signed by the General Manager or a Director of his employer and consideration will be given on an individual basis.

The above paragraph applies to existing experienced commercial divers with no formal diving certification. It has been in the document since 1995. Until today, CSWIP still do approves experienced commercial divers without formal diving certification to sit for the 3.1u and 3.2u exams on a case by case basis as most countries in our region has got no "government approved diving certifications". However as for new divers, you will need to have a formal certificate of competency which is equivalent to HSE Surface Supplied Air Diver not only for the course but also when you are out in the market looking for work, as most oil and gas operators are asking for competent divers with an internationally recognised certification.  

FYI, Someone from Malaysia who holds an ITDA occupational diving certificate (but no prior diving experience as he's a surface NDT practitioner) tried to enroll for the CSWIP 3.1u in TWI Thailand about a year ago but got rejected as his qualification is not listed in the HSE equivalent list of diving certifications. so, you go do you maths.

As for question 3, maybe you can translate that into Bahasa as I'm not really sure what you getting at. I'm sure Forum MODs won't mind this one off thingy.

Hope the above is of interest.
Last edited by necrosis on Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rudie Haque
necrosis
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#4  Postby shark_fin » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:15 pm

hehehe sory bro i have bit problem in english..but i'm understand what u tell.

about my question no.3 that's meaning in offshore diving work's today which job more stro llbetween inspection and general work like ADAS cert. And forgot about that because i'm know in offshore and onshore always have work to do for divers..

And now i'm understand what u tell me about confusion.So i'm want do ADAS cert maybe next year on MAY.....i'm intersted to join commercial diver work...

thanks u salcom n necrois, for help me some information...

''buah cempedak diluar pagar ambil galah tlg tunjukkan,sy bdk baru belaja kalau salah tlg tunjukkan''

cheerssss!!hehehe.. ;) :) :glasses9:
''i love dive life''
shark_fin
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#5  Postby Snafu » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:25 pm

:laughing11:  .... Good luck!!!
Some people are only ALIVE because it's against the law to KILL them...really!!!
Snafu
Administrator
Administrator

Post Number:#6  Postby shark_fin » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:17 pm

tq!!!
''i love dive life''
shark_fin
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Return to Offshore Diving