MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Course

Course

Wanna be a commercial diver? ROV Pilot? Lets’ hear from the people in the industry

Course

Post Number:#1  Postby ezy_ez » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:41 pm

I am in dilemma in between 2 course from TWI.. CSWIP 3.1U NDT or MMA Wet welding..? :$

So to all experienced/amateurs/beginners commercial divers ataupun yang sewaktu dengannya..
Please input your thoughts/comments/advise between these two..

Any information will be helpful.. Trima kasih..!  ;)
Comply first, complain later...
ezy_ez
Diver
Diver
 
Topic author
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: Taman Singa
Gender: None specified

Re: Course

Post Number:#2  Postby necrosis » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:43 pm

Go for CSWIP 3.1u and 3.2u Inspection ticket. More inspection works these days compared to wet welding.
Rudie Haque
necrosis
Sport Diver
Sport Diver
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:20 am
Location: Singapore
Gender: None specified

Re: Course

Post Number:#3  Postby ezy_ez » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:05 pm

necrosis wrote:Go for CSWIP 3.1u and 3.2u Inspection ticket. More inspection works these days compared to wet welding.


Thank u necrosis.. okay.. 1 vote for CSWIP.. so let me explain my scenario... Im going for Adas 1/2/3 in february.. so when i graduate is it advisable to straight away taking my 3.1U or get some working experience before taking my 3.1u..?
.
Comply first, complain later...
ezy_ez
Diver
Diver
 
Topic author
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: Taman Singa
Gender: None specified

Re: Course

Post Number:#4  Postby Snafu » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:06 pm

Wah like this also have...GOOD la dey.


:D
Some people are only ALIVE because it's against the law to KILL them...really!!!
Snafu
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 2322
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: I don't know
Gender: Male

Re: Course

Post Number:#5  Postby necrosis » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:11 am

ezy_ez wrote:
necrosis wrote:Go for CSWIP 3.1u and 3.2u Inspection ticket. More inspection works these days compared to wet welding.


Thank u necrosis.. okay.. 1 vote for CSWIP.. so let me explain my scenario... Im going for Adas 1/2/3 in february.. so when i graduate is it advisable to straight away taking my 3.1U or get some working experience before taking my 3.1u..?
.


It would be good if you clock some hours after your ADAS 3, with some work experience under your belt, you could choose to be a construction or inspection diver, etc. However, these days, its better to have everything. Jack of all trade, versatility is the word in this industry. If you wanna do 3.1u, consider 3.2u also. More demand for Level 2 inspection personnel these days.

All the best!
Rudie Haque
necrosis
Sport Diver
Sport Diver
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:20 am
Location: Singapore
Gender: None specified

Re: Course

Post Number:#6  Postby ezy_ez » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:32 pm

necrosis wrote:
ezy_ez wrote:
necrosis wrote:Go for CSWIP 3.1u and 3.2u Inspection ticket. More inspection works these days compared to wet welding.


Thank u necrosis.. okay.. 1 vote for CSWIP.. so let me explain my scenario... Im going for Adas 1/2/3 in february.. so when i graduate is it advisable to straight away taking my 3.1U or get some working experience before taking my 3.1u..?
.


It would be good if you clock some hours after your ADAS 3, with some work experience under your belt, you could choose to be a construction or inspection diver, etc. However, these days, its better to have everything. Jack of all trade, versatility is the word in this industry. If you wanna do 3.1u, consider 3.2u also. More demand for Level 2 inspection personnel these days.

All the best!



Thank you.. I will seriously consider it... :)
Comply first, complain later...
ezy_ez
Diver
Diver
 
Topic author
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: Taman Singa
Gender: None specified

Re: Course

Post Number:#7  Postby gypsy » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:09 pm

every piece of paper helps.

there are so many people out there looking for jobs. even the exprienced guys will not get a look in if they are requiring a specific ticket adn don't have ticket. the ticket will get you on the job... it's all an insurance thing..

once there be honest with the boss try to talk to boss (not other divers. you never know there angle. they may want you to fail) about your exprience. if you pretend to know everything they'll all really laugh at you when you stuff it up or make small mistake!!! there not gonna run you off if you say i've only just done school, or don't have much exprience, can you give me any advice, before hand.. i really think they'd like it more. it's just called communication.

i personaly try to do some sort of training after each job. keeps my head in learning mode, and also adds more lines to cv. even if when you ask other divers what about this course, some will tell you, ah you don't need that lah one day something from the training you did will come in handy. there just saying that cause there too lazy to go to school and keep improving ones self.

it's funny how things swing in round abouts. if you think you'd like to learn that or this, go do a course in it. don't rely on other divers for knowledge. not in all cases but a course will give you enough knowledge to find out more about it. or have at least some idea.

as for your wet welding, i'd suggest learning that craft on surface first. learn how to weld at your local technical college to give you the basics. and ,much cheaper!!!!!! once your mastered stick wielding then spend yor money on the expensive wet weilding ticket. wet weilding is only stick weilding. walk before you run. inspection is a very good idea!! 
gypsy
Diver
Diver
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:59 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Course

Post Number:#8  Postby necrosis » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:06 am

Well said gypsy... Bravo Zulu!!!
Rudie Haque
necrosis
Sport Diver
Sport Diver
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:20 am
Location: Singapore
Gender: None specified

Re: Course

Post Number:#9  Postby ezy_ez » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:29 pm

gypsy wrote:every piece of paper helps.

there are so many people out there looking for jobs. even the exprienced guys will not get a look in if they are requiring a specific ticket adn don't have ticket. the ticket will get you on the job... it's all an insurance thing..

once there be honest with the boss try to talk to boss (not other divers. you never know there angle. they may want you to fail) about your exprience. if you pretend to know everything they'll all really laugh at you when you stuff it up or make small mistake!!! there not gonna run you off if you say i've only just done school, or don't have much exprience, can you give me any advice, before hand.. i really think they'd like it more. it's just called communication.

i personaly try to do some sort of training after each job. keeps my head in learning mode, and also adds more lines to cv. even if when you ask other divers what about this course, some will tell you, ah you don't need that lah one day something from the training you did will come in handy. there just saying that cause there too lazy to go to school and keep improving ones self.

it's funny how things swing in round abouts. if you think you'd like to learn that or this, go do a course in it. don't rely on other divers for knowledge. not in all cases but a course will give you enough knowledge to find out more about it. or have at least some idea.

as for your wet welding, i'd suggest learning that craft on surface first. learn how to weld at your local technical college to give you the basics. and ,much cheaper!!!!!! once your mastered stick wielding then spend yor money on the expensive wet weilding ticket. wet weilding is only stick weilding. walk before you run. inspection is a very good idea!! 


Thank u gypsy for the helpful advice......
Appreciate it ... :)
Comply first, complain later...
ezy_ez
Diver
Diver
 
Topic author
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: Taman Singa
Gender: None specified


Return to Offshore Diving

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron