MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - ROV PILOT/TECH COURSE IN PORTLAND, DORSETT by GLOBAL MARINE SYSTEMS LTD

ROV PILOT/TECH COURSE IN PORTLAND, DORSETT by GLOBAL MARINE SYSTEMS LTD

Wanna be a commercial diver? ROV Pilot? Lets’ hear from the people in the industry

ROV PILOT/TECH COURSE IN PORTLAND, DORSETT by GLOBAL MARINE SYSTEMS LTD

Post Number:#1  Postby stonefins » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:21 pm

Mocha and I attended our ROV pilot/tech course in Portland, England which was conducted by Global Marine Systems Ltd. it's a 3 weeks course that consisted of theory, practicals and simulators. As for my batch, we had 5 participants. the course can accommodate up to 9 ppl (i reckon). 3 of my coursemates r local so we had no prb in exploring local foods, booze and boobs hahahahhahahaha, i mean books................

http://sapperx.blogspot.com/2009/07/rov ... nd-by.html
stonefins
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topic author

Re: ROV PILOT/TECH COURSE IN PORTLAND, DORSETT by GLOBAL MARINE SYSTEMS LTD

Post Number:#2  Postby de @t » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:50 am

hello
im interested in attending the course, could you give details, all the fee includes flight, makan and tempat tidur .
thanks

de @t
de @t
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#3  Postby stonefins » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:08 am

is all terjawab at the blog bro
stonefins
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#4  Postby de @t » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:08 am

thanks for the info. sorry for the late reply. any luck on new job?
de @t
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#5  Postby mocha » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:02 pm

de @t wrote:thanks for the info. sorry for the late reply. any luck on new job?

am now working dah... stonefins will start his soon.... job opportunities are there...
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't
mocha
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#6  Postby KupangDiver » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:55 pm

Bro, can u gimme the details requirement to take ROV Pilot course. ??
KupangDiver
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#7  Postby mocha » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:34 pm

KupangDiver wrote:Bro, can u gimme the details requirement to take ROV Pilot course. ??

this is the website for global marine.... u can find everything here.... btw, u can google for other training centers like subic bay and fort william....
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't
mocha
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#8  Postby mminicooper » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:56 pm

:crybaby2:
hello bro ....im a rov pilot cert holder from subnet it september 2008 more then 1 year alredy stil did not get any  job as a ROV it very dificult to get a first job....event malaysian got ROV company i dont know y they dont want to give the opportunity to our local boy to do the job....if we dont get 1st job how we want to gain  experince ......minimun requirement to do ROV job with company like Sheel is 2 years piloting...so what happen to new,,,trainee...for your info in mlaysia a lot of ROV pilot that still hunting for a job....(trainee) local company prefer foreigner dun know y [-(
mminicooper
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#9  Postby mocha » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:18 pm

mminicooper wrote: :crybaby2:
hello bro ....im a rov pilot cert holder from subnet it september 2008 more then 1 year alredy stil did not get any  job as a ROV it very dificult to get a first job....event malaysian got ROV company i dont know y they dont want to give the opportunity to our local boy to do the job....if we dont get 1st job how we want to gain  experince ......minimun requirement to do ROV job with company like Sheel is 2 years piloting...so what happen to new,,,trainee...for your info in mlaysia a lot of ROV pilot that still hunting for a job....(trainee) local company prefer foreigner dun know y [-(

things are kinda slow lately.... thats what i haf been told... i landed a trainee job rite after my course, so am considered very lucky... anyway, there were at least two companies that were busy looking for trainees the past two weeks... pm me and i will tell u who to contact... cheers...
mocha
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#10  Postby subman » Mon May 10, 2010 10:50 am

Hi Guys I am new to this forum and I can see lots of you want to be a Rov man , I have been in Diving and Rov for the past 38 years so I do know what I am talking about .

For you that are thinking of doing a Rov course " DONT " why because there is no work if you log on to Rovworld and read .
There are people out there with 10 to 15 years experience who cant find work so a trainee just starting out you have not got a chance in hell of finding work .

If you ask the Global they will just say there is lots of work available if that was the truth why are they still looking for a teacher to train you guys I know because they contacted me .

So please dont waste your money stay with what ever job your doing now maybe in a few years time it maybe better but now no .

Cheers

Subman
subman
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#11  Postby mocha » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:23 pm

subman wrote:Hi Guys I am new to this forum and I can see lots of you want to be a Rov man , I have been in Diving and Rov for the past 38 years so I do know what I am talking about .

For you that are thinking of doing a Rov course " DONT " why because there is no work if you log on to Rovworld and read .
There are people out there with 10 to 15 years experience who cant find work so a trainee just starting out you have not got a chance in hell of finding work .

If you ask the Global they will just say there is lots of work available if that was the truth why are they still looking for a teacher to train you guys I know because they contacted me .

So please dont waste your money stay with what ever job your doing now maybe in a few years time it maybe better but now no .

Cheers

Subman

hi subman,

it's great having such a senior guy in the offshore world here....

well, there are truth in what u have mentioned and there certainly are exceptions in some cases.... the both of us got into the course as part of our resettlement course when we were about to leave the forces and our previous employer was kind enough to sponsor part of the course.... ;) and thank to our lucky stars, we got jobs right after our course...so, the statement "....so a trainee just starting out you have not got a chance in hell of finding work ." is not entirely true.... I have been offered jobs by few different companies as well....am not too sure if the course that we attended was actually one of the many factors that landed us the jobs...
anyone out there willing to try and take the risk, i'd say go for it!! waiting another 2-3 years is not going to help much..... just my two cents....

cheers.....
mocha
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#12  Postby de @t » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:58 am

hi mocha
which company are you attach with now. i am still looking forward about great news from both of you
tq
de @t
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#13  Postby stonefins » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:07 pm

de @t wrote:hi mocha
which company are you attach with now. i am still looking forward about great news from both of you
tq

just keep trying to apply to all the contacts available
stonefins
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#14  Postby beginner » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:26 pm

hye guys...
i'm juz end my diploma in electronic engineering at polytechnic.
plz gv me some advice how to take the rov pilot course.. coz i am so interested with it.
which place is the best to take the rov course?

thanks  :)
beginner
Diver
Diver

Return to Offshore Diving