MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Commercial Diver....to be or not to be??

Commercial Diver....to be or not to be??

Wanna be a commercial diver? ROV Pilot? Lets’ hear from the people in the industry

Commercial Diver....to be or not to be??

Post Number:#1  Postby chikannos » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:32 am

Salam Everybody....

Really interested to become a commercial diver.....been surf couple of forum pages but still have no idea where to begin...can somebody help me?

There is a course conducted at TSTC terengganu....OCCUPATIONAL DIVING.....it's only 10 days course....if I enter this course...is it qualified me to become a fresh commercial diver before I go for ADAS Certification?

Thanks for help and really appreciate....
chikannos
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Re: Commercial Diver....to be or not to be??

Post Number:#2  Postby Snafu » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:51 pm

chikannos wrote:Salam Everybody....

Really interested to become a commercial diver.....been surf couple of forum pages but still have no idea where to begin...can somebody help me?

There is a course conducted at TSTC terengganu....OCCUPATIONAL DIVING.....it's only 10 days course....if I enter this course...is it qualified me to become a fresh commercial diver before I go for ADAS Certification?

Please go straight and do your ADAS 1,2 & 3 full course.

3 month course & you be qualified to work any part of the world as the course is recognize INTERNATIONALLY.

Good luck.

:D
Some people are only ALIVE because it's against the law to KILL them...really!!!
Snafu
Administrator
Administrator

Post Number:#3  Postby Spazm » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:15 pm

Syed K. A. wrote:
chikannos wrote:Salam Everybody....

Please go straight and do your ADAS 1,2 & 3 full course.

3 month course & you be qualified to work any part of the world as the course is recognize INTERNATIONALLY.

Good luck.

I agree with that too...Do a course that is recognised Internationally. Even the course offered by TSTC is not recognised offshore in Malaysia.
Substance over matter , Diver behind the dive.....
Spazm
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#4  Postby necrosis » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:25 am

same here, I agree to that too.

The course conducted at TSTC gives you a certification by ITDA. International Technical Diving Agency, or whatever they call it. ITDA is a certification agency. Commercial diving "licence" is issued by a Governing Body, a government agency. A list of recognised offshore diving certificates can be found here... http://www.hse.gov.uk/diving/qualifications/off.htm

HSE is a governing body, thus it will only grant reciprocal recognition to another governing body and never to an association or agency. Even IMCA surface supplied air diving certificate is not in HSE's list of approved certificates simply because IMCA is an industry association and not a governing body.

So, you wanna be a commercial diver, do the proper course, and get proper certification. Training is part of safety. and honestly speaking, you learn nothing in 10 days!

Hope the above helps.

--
Rudie Haque
Rudie Haque
necrosis
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#5  Postby chikannos » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:14 pm

Salam Bro...

Thanks a lot for the helpful tips. I'm still short of money around 25k to complete ADAS 1, 2,and 3. Is there any funds or loan that I can apply? Please don't include banks and ALONG of course.....heheheheh...Thanks again bro....
chikannos
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#6  Postby Snafu » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:08 am

chikannos wrote:Salam Bro...

Thanks a lot for the helpful tips. I'm still short of money around 25k to complete ADAS 1, 2,and 3. Is there any funds or loan that I can apply? Please don't include banks and ALONG of course.....heheheheh...Thanks again bro....

Try with family members...good luck.

Some people are only ALIVE because it's against the law to KILL them...really!!!
Snafu
Administrator
Administrator

Post Number:#7  Postby khai kogaku » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:42 pm

Syed K. A. wrote:
chikannos wrote:Salam Bro...

Try with family members...good luck.

:laughing7: hehehe thats a good one. but ALONG is good consideration also since you'll be offshore anyway.
khai kogaku
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#8  Postby taufik » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:44 pm

when i was undertaking mine last year,many of my coursemate actually take a loan..from bank of coz...consider it as an investment..last year when i took mine,it was rm51k for d whole package(adas part 1,2,&3,food,accomodation).theres a malaysian instructor at the underwater centre freemantle(www.tufc.com.au) who is very helpfull during our course there.however d price for diz year's course might b different...pm me for further info about diz.and sorry for the typing error..i can work in zero viz very well..but typing..dats diff matter...
taufik
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Return to Offshore Diving