MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Re: advice needed...gimme ur 2cent worth please...

Re: advice needed...gimme ur 2cent worth please...

Wanna be a commercial diver? ROV Pilot? Lets’ hear from the people in the industry

Post Number:#31  Postby taufik » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:29 am

so ask ur bubu to garu lor
taufik
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#32  Postby wilhurricane » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:27 pm

hi taufik... you also go tucf to upgrade is it??
Water!!! :)
wilhurricane
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#33  Postby wilhurricane » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:03 am

hi taufik, you did your dan oxgen provider d?? do we require that?
wilhurricane
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#34  Postby taufik » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:52 pm

nope...according to mr koh d tucf instructor,what we need is first aid,med checkup n open water..
taufik
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#35  Postby Insomniac » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:54 am

Hi Taufik

I myself is doing Part 1 of the ADAS course now in NZ. The water is really cold for people like us. Since you have got about a month to go before you start, you might wanna take the time to brush up on your knowledge development. Buy, borrow or beg from your OW instructor his/her Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving and read about Physiology of Diving and Equipments. In Part 1, there is a lot of classroom work. And I mean a lot. Pejam celik pejam celik it is already three weeks i'm here and imagine studying a book as thick as a novel but A4 sized within that period. At least it will give a good idea of what your Instructor will be talking about when he does the classes. ;)

In Part 2 there is less of the classroom work and more diving. Yea  :D  :D  :D

Other than that, maybe get yourself the thickest dive booties and gloves available for yourself. The only problem I have so far is the cold. NZ is [blink]cold[/blink].

As for travel insurance, get Alliantz Travel Care as its got so far the best benefit:premium ratio. Get an annual cover as you will be doing a lot of travelling after you finish the course (assuming you get a job almost immediately. The best dive insurance package is so far is still DAN Insurance.

You can bring 20kg checked-in and about 7-10kg cabin baggage except Airasia. What I would suggest is bringing in things you dont mind throwing away after the course like old coveralls and safety boots. Buy new ones when you get back home.

I hope this will help you a bit as I myself had and am still going through it just like you are going to soon.. B-)
If you think it is expensive to hire a professional to do a job - wait until you hire an amateur.
Insomniac
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#36  Postby wilhurricane » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:00 am

wetsuit and booties would be given at TUCF rite taufik?
Wat diving gear we need to bring ourselves?
wilhurricane
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#37  Postby taufik » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:47 am

according to mr koh d instructor,do not bring any dive gear.we will b given a set of dive gear,including d high tech green river knife :D.thanks mr insomniac for ur info on insurance thing.
taufik
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#38  Postby wilhurricane » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:55 pm

Bro, Fins also no need ah? Coz in the manual, it syas we need to bring fins..
wilhurricane
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#39  Postby taufik » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:50 pm

well...maybe loh..try ask mt koh.here his phone no 0125120356.but from what he told me,no diving things to b taken there...
taufik
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#40  Postby taufik » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:47 pm

hi all muwians...salam n greetings from fremantle..its cold here ranging btween 20-26c..d 1st week here spent mostly learning physic of diving and human body anatomy,barotrauma and decomp sickness and things like that.and redo aour first aid.there r 9 of us malaysian here.hey adrian,when will u get here?
taufik
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#41  Postby Snafu » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:26 pm

taufik wrote:hi all muwians...salam n greetings from fremantle..its cold here ranging btween 20-26c..d 1st week here spent mostly learning physic of diving and human body anatomy,barotrauma and decomp sickness and things like that.and redo aour first aid.there r 9 of us malaysian here.hey adrian,when will u get here?

Hi Taufik & gang,

Please open a new thread on the TUCF training & dont forget to put up pix of it....in this OFFSHORE section.

Do include stories for us all.

Please dive safely & take your time to learn it...not all are the best way but do learn it well so you can always use it as an option of problem solving in the near future.

You might have plenty of experience..but when you go there, treat it as you are a student with no experience, be open minded & you will learn more.

Learn the safety aspect of being Commercial Diver, dressing up & down, tendering & stand by diver...... master the communication being use between surface & Underwater....basic rigging & knots.

So go OPEN a new THREAD & GOOD LUCK!!!

:D
Some people are only ALIVE because it's against the law to KILL them...really!!!
Snafu
Administrator
Administrator

Post Number:#42  Postby dwtk » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:19 pm

arlo taiko divers and taufik,

wanna join this thread too hehe...
how's everything over there?
how long have u been there d bro? should b a month d rite?
mr. koh is based in kl or tucf?
don't mind if i ask how much u paid for the whole course ah bro? ADAS 1 2 3 rite?

anyone going for the ADAS 1 2 3 in singapore?
Eat, Sleep & Dive.
dwtk
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#43  Postby taufik » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:54 pm

hi there..everything ok down here..we were given a big house,6ppl sharing.i live wit two other malaysian(gary and darren) and 3 other indian.lunch is providid by the school.wile for dinner we were given money to buy it or buy stuff for cooking.mr koh is based here in fremantle.he is one of d instructor here.he also helping a lot in term of making out time here a whole lot easier compared to if we come here all by ourself.yes im doing my pt 1,2 n 3.im paying  rm51,000.but d fees maybe will chance for next year courses.and mr koh also arrangign some courses for experienced diver who wanna get certified come diz december.if anyone interested i can ask further details from him.
taufik
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topic author

Previous

Return to Offshore Diving