MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Commercial Diver needed!!!

Commercial Diver needed!!!

Wanna be a commercial diver? ROV Pilot? Lets’ hear from the people in the industry

Commercial Diver needed!!!

Post Number:#1  Postby salcom » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:06 pm

called alam hidro and submitted my resume. They are looking for divers now.. hopefully i got the job

thanks for the info brother CD!!
Last edited by SuperAdmin on Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
salcom
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Re: Commercial Diver needed!!!

Post Number:#2  Postby Snafu » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:59 am

Dey call Borneo Subsea .. they looking for air divers!!!!!

+6019-8814013 Mr. Vincent

:D
Some people are only ALIVE because it's against the law to KILL them...really!!!
Snafu
Administrator
Administrator

Post Number:#3  Postby AdRiaN cHuA » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:20 am

Bro Salcom, many many luck you. :angel8:
AdRiaN cHuA
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#4  Postby ikan Jepun » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:26 pm

i'm don't have part 1..use ADC boleh tak??
ikan Jepun
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#5  Postby Snafu » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:22 pm

ikan Jepun wrote:i'm don't have part 1..use ADC boleh tak??

I think they need ADAS Pt 3 or HSE Pt 1.

Then again just call & check with them......good luck.

Some people are only ALIVE because it's against the law to KILL them...really!!!
Snafu
Administrator
Administrator

Post Number:#6  Postby ikan Jepun » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:24 pm

to summit cv to alam hidro, i'm don't have their email..i heard the melaka job ( salvage ) ada change crew..
ikan Jepun
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#7  Postby Snafu » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:33 pm

ikan Jepun wrote:to summit cv to alam hidro, i'm don't have their email..i heard the melaka job ( salvage ) ada change crew..

irwan@alam-hidro.com.my

amran@alam-hidro.com.my

Snafu
Administrator
Administrator

Post Number:#8  Postby IkanBilis » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:49 pm

Quoted below is the email I received from a friend:

Subject: Available positions

Dear All,

We urgently require below positions under various projects soonest possible. If you know someone who might be interested please contact me as below number.

Shell - PMUC

1. Senior Mechanical / Rotating Equipment Commissioning Engineer
2. C&A Commissioning Engineer
3. Static Mechanical Engineer
4. C&A Engineer
5. Rotating Equipment Commissioning Engineer
6. HSE Engineer
7. Structural Engineer
8. Project Engineer
9. Senior Underwater CSR (DSV CSR)
10. Underwater QA/QC CSR

Thank you.

Regards,
Aima Rashid
Cekap Technical Services Sdn Bhd
Suite GH, 14th Floor, Bangunan Angkasa Raya
123, Jalan Ampang
Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 603 - 2070 1190 / 1967
Fax: 603 - 2144 9285
[font=Freestyle Script][size=12px]IkanBilis in the shallows, under the jetty and near the shore,small and insignificant,too small to play in the deep, yet nice and crispy in nasi lemak. [/size][/font]
IkanBilis
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Location: Nilai, Negeri Sembilan and Bandar Baru Salak Tinggi, Sepang

Post Number:#9  Postby salcom » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:39 pm

Syed K. A. wrote:Dey call Borneo Subsea .. they looking for air divers!!!!!

Thanks so much for your help guys.

Hopefully this will be another place for us for job hunting!

Called borneosubsea and resume sent. I actually visited their office before and passed my resume to Randy Davis, the director. Wonder what happen to my resume since there is a job??
Vincent only looking for 2-3 years diver as mentioned. But i just send although i'm still new.

Haven't heard any news from Alam Hidro.
Last edited by salcom on Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
salcom
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#10  Postby bugisdiver » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:14 pm

salcom wrote:
Syed K. A. wrote:Dey call Borneo Subsea .. they looking for air divers!!!!!

Thanks so much for your help guys.

Hopefully this will be another place for us for job hunting!

Called borneosubsea and resume sent. I actually visited their office before and passed my resume to Randy Davis, the director. Wonder what happen to my resume since there is a job??
Vincent only looking for 2-3 years diver as mentioned. But i just send although i'm still new.

Haven't heard any news from Alam Hidro.

Dear Salcom,
                   I have a simple tip 4 u...... u have to call the contact person everyday untill he get fedup of u..........
than ur name will be on the list............it works 4 me......really.Well the moral is.... u just show ur keen interest to them.

Good Luck

Cheers
BD&MM -wk-
Last edited by bugisdiver on Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bugisdiver
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#11  Postby salcom » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:12 pm

alright. will do. just to call them to give me a job or call them to ask about the status?
salcom
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#12  Postby ironore » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:27 pm

http://malaysianbikers.com.my/forum/ind ... 8.300.html

(link to the thread)

got this yesterday from another forum.. check out his(JoeFishermanFriend) offer..
interested pm or email him for contact details..

best of luck..  ;)
ironore
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#13  Postby Snafu » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:06 pm

Please contact Offshore Subsea Works.

They would have work coming sometime next month for Air Diver.

Snafu
Administrator
Administrator

Stories frm cd

Post Number:#14  Postby dewalaut » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:17 pm

Hi Ol and the Gang!
        Lets hear my diving history!
I was trained to become a diver in April1982 Singapore(When Z Zdan was not even born yet),but I only got a job as a "Diver" in October 1983!I had a hard start,hard to get a slot in the industries as it was monopolise by foreigners!During those days it was a big deal if there was a "Local Diver"!I had to go thru to various complain thru many goverment departments,i.e. Labour dept.,Immigration and even custom dept.It was a "Long Wait",but I was very determint to become one hell of a Diver...so I was prepaid to wait!So I waited in Miri, at that time I stayed with my Brother-in-Law,Haji hah(who is ki  father),he was was the main man who got me the "Starting Point" into the diving industeries,luckily then he was at a very high ranking in Sarawak Shell.Getting a job for whom I knew,not what I knew!While waiting for a vacancy in Miri,I worked as a lorry driver-cum foreman foreman!Finally I got the job with Solus Ocean System as the company was pressured by Labour Dept,Immigration Dept and Sarawak Shell to accept me!First they said they can't accept me because I had "Zero" experiences(then later on when I got on the job,they were many matsalleh who work there who was just as green as I were!Where is justice??) then they said my school was not recognised(Aliby).One morning they called me on the phone telling me,"Son I've got a job for you!". So I when to they office for further instruction.....I remembered they gave me 1pair of Red-Wing boot and 2 pairs of Red-Wing Cover-All and Rm600(I don't understand what the 600buck for,as I was not even starting work yet).1 week offshore I burst my ear-drum in the Chamber,then I was grounded for 3months no diving,just working on deck!a year later Solus Ocean System lost their contract with shell and Comex took over for the next 8years where they strarted with this "H.S.E. bullshit" so I had to upgrade my qualification to the requirement,so I when to UK in 1986 for my Part 1,1989 for my part 2 and 1990 for my DMT,since then I have been 12 times being to the UK to keep-up these "Shit"!During those days working as an air diver,it was a back to back diving,I was lucky then I had done a lots of airdives before I become a satdiver and that helps me a lot,not much to catch-up!
By then already they were saying to be recognised as a deep-sea diver you must have atleast had 5years experient with a lot of dives! Let me cut the story short:I have come thru 3 generation of diving era 1)divers from the 80s 2)divers from the 90s and 3)divers from the Mellinium.
Right now I would like to talk about the airdivers from the Mellinium which I consider only they are really a satsupport with less dive time(A Dry Divers),don't you feel "Down" if I tell you these, with our 1 year experience as an air divers during our time or "BEFORE" the Mellinium is equivalent to 3 years experient of the airdivers "AFTER" the Mellinium!
But always remember what I always tell you guys, "Once you are Good, you will always be a good diver,no matter which generation you came from!!!!!Attitude must be good too!They will only employ "Bad Attitude" Divers when they've to!
You will walk taller on a job when you know you there, because you are good! No because you are Local or because you Malaysian or etc!
My question for you:
If you are a satdiver now :Are you Happy to have a bell partner who is experienc4 and safe or you are happy just because he is a local and a Malaysian???????????  :D  :D

once your are good you always be good.
dewalaut
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#15  Postby wilhurricane » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:52 pm

Huhuhu, Wat a bloody good story??? Very Very nice?? Thanks for sharing.
Water!!! :)
wilhurricane
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#16  Postby taufik » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:50 am

hi all...sorry if me as green diver saying something like this..but thru a lil experience i had in diving or in life,its an attitude that make us a good person and a good diver.experience n age dont make a good diver..i've met some veteran commercial diver who jez plain lazy and "ular punya kaki"(how do i translate this term?).n i also met fresh new divers who r good and keen to learn.experience taught us a lot but without right attitude,all those years will only help us little to become a good diver.as one of my fellow divers used to say 'kurangkan cakap,lebihkan kerja'(dont talk too much,work some more...or something like that..)
taufik
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Re: Stories frm cd

Post Number:#17  Postby Spazm » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:40 pm

dewalaut wrote:Hi Ol and the Gang!
         Lets hear my diving history!
I was trained to become a diver in April1982 Singapore(When Z Zdan was not even born yet),but I only got a job as a "Diver" in October 1983!I had a hard start,hard to get a slot in the industries as it was monopolise by foreigners!During those days it was a big deal if there was a "Local Diver"!I had to go thru to various complain thru many goverment departments,i.e. Labour dept.,Immigration and even custom dept.It was a "Long Wait",but I was very determint to become one hell of a Diver...so I was prepaid to wait!So I waited in Miri, at that time I stayed with my Brother-in-Law,Haji hah(who is ki  father),he was was the main man who got me the "Starting Point" into the diving industeries,luckily then he was at a very high ranking in Sarawak Shell.Getting a job for whom I knew,not what I knew!While waiting for a vacancy in Miri,I worked as a lorry driver-cum foreman foreman!Finally I got the job with Solus Ocean System as the company was pressured by Labour Dept,Immigration Dept and Sarawak Shell to accept me!First they said they can't accept me because I had "Zero" experiences(then later on when I got on the job,they were many matsalleh who work there who was just as green as I were!Where is justice??) then they said my school was not recognised(Aliby).One morning they called me on the phone telling me,"Son I've got a job for you!". So I when to they office for further instruction.....I remembered they gave me 1pair of Red-Wing boot and 2 pairs of Red-Wing Cover-All and Rm600(I don't understand what the 600buck for,as I was not even starting work yet).1 week offshore I burst my ear-drum in the Chamber,then I was grounded for 3months no diving,just working on deck!a year later Solus Ocean System lost their contract with shell and Comex took over for the next 8years where they strarted with this "H.S.E. bullshit" so I had to upgrade my qualification to the requirement,so I when to UK in 1986 for my Part 1,1989 for my part 2 and 1990 for my DMT,since then I have been 12 times being to the UK to keep-up these "Shit"!During those days working as an air diver,it was a back to back diving,I was lucky then I had done a lots of airdives before I become a satdiver and that helps me a lot,not much to catch-up!
By then already they were saying to be recognised as a deep-sea diver you must have atleast had 5years experient with a lot of dives! Let me cut the story short:I have come thru 3 generation of diving era 1)divers from the 80s 2)divers from the 90s and 3)divers from the Mellinium.
Right now I would like to talk about the airdivers from the Mellinium which I consider only they are really a satsupport with less dive time(A Dry Divers),don't you feel "Down" if I tell you these, with our 1 year experience as an air divers during our time or "BEFORE" the Mellinium is equivalent to 3 years experient of the airdivers "AFTER" the Mellinium!
But always remember what I always tell you guys, "Once you are Good, you will always be a good diver,no matter which generation you came from!!!!!Attitude must be good too!They will only employ "Bad Attitude" Divers when they've to!
You will walk taller on a job when you know you there, because you are good! No because you are Local or because you Malaysian or etc!
My question for you:
If you are a satdiver now :Are you Happy to have a bell partner who is experienc4 and safe or you are happy just because he is a local and a Malaysian???????????  :D   :D

once your are good you always be good.

WOW!! Impressive stories from an old timer.

Am just wondering dewa, are you still working offshore?? If so may I know what position are you now? Can you offer me a job?? A new diver here looking for his first break offshore..:)
Substance over matter , Diver behind the dive.....
Spazm
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#18  Postby wilhurricane » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:11 am

Yo spazm...when can go yam char yam char... you're not in puasa rite?
wilhurricane
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#19  Postby bugisdiver » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:39 pm

Dear Spazm.......if u wanna offshore job, U pm me wt ur contact no. U want to be active in this industries....well u must have contacts among divers, being good wt them instead of plugging eachother,I did recommend some divers but I got stabed from the back from those I helped.......this phenomena creates a phobia for me to help other fresh diver like urself, but still Im helping them like urself, i believe in fate by Allah, (ada rezeki adalah, xde xdelah). Yesterday, I did recommend a friend to Willhurricane, but he's to fresh eventhough he is ADAS level 3, which Im only ADC, the company still wants me instead of him, then the exec of the company call me this mornin regarding of him which they r not confident of him, so I recommend other Part 1 diver wt some experiences.The diver thank me alot, the company manager thank me alot, everybody happy, well its true like what dewalaut & taufik said be4, the diver must maintain their work attitude as well as their personal attitude..........

Cheers from ADC(only) diver
bugisdiver
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#20  Postby wilhurricane » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:51 pm

haha~oh well better luck next time for my friend.. Must tell him dont give up..

Bugisdiver... so our teh tarik still on rite??
wilhurricane
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#21  Postby bugisdiver » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:28 am

wilhurricane wrote:haha~oh well better luck next time for my friend.. Must tell him dont give up..

Bugisdiver... so our teh tarik still on rite??

Still looking forward to see u in freemantle, bro...
bugisdiver
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#22  Postby taufik » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:37 am

mr bugis,uin freemantle now eh....
taufik
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#23  Postby wilhurricane » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:54 pm

yea bro, drop me a line when u confirm coming..
wilhurricane
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#24  Postby bugisdiver » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:59 am

To Taufik, Im planning for my top-up course overthere this December.
To Willhurricane, our teh tarik still on, maybe in Freemantle lah, u think I always go to bintulu ka? have to chop my expensive passport somemore aiyaa, if 'll have job in Bintulu be4 Dec. I'll give u a call,K. U promised to take me to best makan place rite...........MAKAN!! No problem bro, anytime :D :D :D Heheh
bugisdiver
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#25  Postby taufik » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:35 am

mr bugis,ill be in freemantle till 21st dec.there will b quite a few malaysian.about 12 person i think.n ou felow MUWians is me,andrew n will.im going there under mr koh  d senior instructor there.he arranged a accomodation for me n some other divers(n some so soon-to-b-divers).i got myself quite a good deal going there thru him compared going all by myself.
taufik
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#26  Postby AdRiaN cHuA » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:39 am

Taufik, u really got a good deal...thank to Mr Koh....hope that he can help me n wilfred settle our accomadation.....nice to meet you...c u at fremantle....n bugisdiver hope to c u there as well....

dive safe.....n earn more...
AdRiaN cHuA
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#27  Postby dwtk » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:19 pm

wow ... everyone's a diver now ... darn it...
Eat, Sleep & Dive.
dwtk
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#28  Postby necrosis » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:55 pm

[/quote]
Dear Salcom,
                  I have a simple tip 4 u...... u have to call the contact person everyday untill he get fedup of u..........
than ur name will be on the list............it works 4 me......really.Well the moral is.... u just show ur keen interest to them.

Good Luck

Cheers
BD&MM -wk-
[/quote]

Bro! I'm not trying to slag but your tactics works 10 years ago. Nowadays, you call the contact person every day, he or she will be cursing n swearing at you man. Sending CV once a week via email is enough to show keen interest. Calling everyday, u think about it. Lets try, I'll call you every day and say the bloody same thing, see you happy or not. Hukum Akal lah bro (common sense). I'll start calling u tomorrow bugisdiver. Anyhow, any baby divers wanna work, Tengah Oil & Gas looking for air divers for their upcoming Thailand job. Anyone wants their contacts, can msg me or spazm or even bugisdiver got their contact details.

Hope the above helps.

--
Rudie Haque
Rudie Haque
necrosis
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#29  Postby salcom » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:52 am

eh long time din post here... now on a job.. thanks everyone..
salcom
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#30  Postby bugisdiver » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:07 pm

necrosis wrote:

Dear Salcom,

Good Luck

Cheers
BD&MM -wk-
[/quote]
necrosis, u a kind of person that always like to hentam me...i knowlah u r star trek in this industries..............well so be it, u r like that!

Bro! I'm not trying to slag but your tactics works 10 years ago. Nowadays, you call the contact person every day, he or she will be cursing n swearing at you man. Sending CV once a week via email is enough to show keen interest. Calling everyday, u think about it. Lets try, I'll call you every day and say the bloody same thing, see you happy or not. Hukum Akal lah bro (common sense). I'll start calling u tomorrow bugisdiver. Anyhow, any baby divers wanna work, Tengah Oil & Gas looking for air divers for their upcoming Thailand job. Anyone wants their contacts, can msg me or spazm or even bugisdiver got their contact details.

Hope the above helps.

--
Rudie Haque
[/quote]
bugisdiver
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Next

Return to Offshore Diving