MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Nose piece for Superlite

Nose piece for Superlite

Wanna be a commercial diver? ROV Pilot? Lets’ hear from the people in the industry

Nose piece for Superlite

Post Number:#1  Postby AdRiaN cHuA » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:24 am

Hi,

Mayday...mayday...mayday....Calling sifu of the offshore for help.

I have a hard time equalizing using aga full face mask and band mask. The main reason is because i have a small nose :$.The nose piece just touching my nose and not seal very well. When i equalizing, the air escape. This happen when I took my Aqualculture diving course at Tasmania, I have to push very hard in order to equalize but sometime fail to equalize. I will go for my ADAS part III this coming October, I afraid the will happen again when I use Superlite.

Question for sifu of the offshore. Any suggestion from your all to improve this situation or can I get my own nose piece or anything I can do to overcome this problem [-(??? Please advise.

Adrian
AdRiaN cHuA
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Re: Nose piece for Superlite

Post Number:#2  Postby Spazm » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:54 pm

Adrian,

I think you would not have a problem with the superlite nose-piece not touching your nose while wearing it. If it still cannot fit nicely to your nose, please let Angus or Dave know about it when u are in Tasmania and they will be more than glad to help you out.

CHeers..
Substance over matter , Diver behind the dive.....
Spazm
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#3  Postby AdRiaN cHuA » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:51 am

thank u Spazm for your advice.....you have ur part III at tasmania too???? How long have you been in this industry??? Nice to meet you n hopefully we will meet once day at platform somewhere around the world. Dive safe.
AdRiaN cHuA
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#4  Postby salcom » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:08 pm

hopefully the nose piece you use is new. New nose piece fit really tight in the helmet, thus gives you a very comfortable press during equalize. I used superlite 27 before and it was a brand new helmet. It's like taking a home theater (to be exagerrated  :laughing11:) down to your work place. just remember not to equalize too hard or else your mucus is all over the helmet.. haha.. and it's cold in perth in oct. water can as cold as 10C
salcom
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#5  Postby AdRiaN cHuA » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:05 pm

Thank for the info salcom, have to dive in cold water again, b4 that at tasmania sept till nov for my Aqualculture ticket, the water temp around 10C......will clear all my mucus b4 wearing the helmet :D :D.....

I use to modify myself the nose peice for the aga...but still not comfortable....still try other way to modify it....the Neptune II Full Face Mask is very comfortable. Wonder that a group of leisure diver using Neptune II Full Face Mask with comm....wow.....so cool...can have discussion uw some more....

here the link to the Neptune II Full Face Mask.

http://www.oceanreefgroup.com/
AdRiaN cHuA
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Return to Offshore Diving